Canonization Poll: Toa of Plasma's Gender

Plasma Gender Canonization Poll  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just googled the gender divide on earth out of curiosity and found some interesting stuff. It seems Qatar and the United Arab Emirates have more than twice as many males than females, almost 70% male... If it's possible here in real life why then can people not accept that it can be possible in a fictional universe inhabited by Lego robots? 

Because there isn't a hard in-universe rule saying that Qatar or UAE can't have less than 70% male or that all women in there should apply only to a predetermined number of professions?

I've read and re-read this and I still have no idea what point you were trying to make. Is there one??

The point is that 70M/30F ratio in each element is better for character building than 70M/30Fratio overall made of seven 100M elements and three 100F elements.

Edited by Mjolnitor

TOO LATE.

IT WAS ALWAYS TOO LATE.

So basically, Mjoll, you're arguing for gender-dominant tribes rather than gender-exclusive, like my personal headcanon (Fem!Nuhrii ftw).

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

So basically, Mjoll, you're arguing for gender-dominant tribes rather than gender-exclusive, like my personal headcanon (Fem!Nuhrii ftw).

If we can't throw 70M/30F ratio away, it'd better be in each element equally.

Too bad we can't throw away gender-element locking.

Edited by Mjolnitor
  • Upvote 1

TOO LATE.

IT WAS ALWAYS TOO LATE.

I feel like plasma should be mostly male with some females, therefore I think it should be a bi-gendered element.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

okay, but trying to think of events in the MUs past that would have killed the bulk of its female population is actuall the one thing worse than assuming it, by default, is male-dominated, this topic is going downhill. :t

But there was an event that killed much of the female population of a species. When Miserix's supporters were killed off, 14 female Makuta were killed, leaving only Gorast. Granted, many Makuta were killed, and the original amount was 85 male and 15 female. On the other hand, we have a mostly female species - the Vortixx. Now, that's not canon, but is it that hard to believe that Vortixx might kill unwanted male comrades? 

i;m confused, mostly about what this has to do with matoran/toa/turaga. :0

I was just talking about killing of the female population in general. Not necessarily Matoran.

"It would be better to say that almost all females died rather than retcon another tribe's gender"

S T O P

T

O

P

Stop posting in this thread, turn away from your computer and think about what you just said.

Seriously.

I did not say that.

All I said was there was a canon event in which many females were killed, because someone said we're trying to think of events. It was a fact correction. No need to be rude.

Edited by Toa Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Sailor, your responses have been really hostile, somewhat entitled and overall give sort of a violent vibe.

You should be able to control your emotions in a discussion and not scream at someone to stop posting in a thread like a 5 year old would. Trust me, I'd love if you' d do the latter but alas I'm not trying to scream it at you.

Tl;dr chill out holmez.

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Sailor, your responses have been really hostile, somewhat entitled and overall give sort of a violent vibe.

You should be able to control your emotions in a discussion and not scream at someone to stop posting in a thread like a 5 year old would. Trust me, I'd love if you' d do the latter but alas I'm not trying to scream it at you.

Tl;dr chill out holmez.

The suggestion to kill off the majority of the MU's female population to try and explain the warped gender ratio is one of the most awful, sexist, gross things I have ever heard. There is no context in which that could ever be okay.

Also the fact that there have been 5 other threads created about this is really frustrating.

And how have I been hostile or violent? I have never threatened anyone in these threads.

• Upvote 2

Tl;dr chill out holmez.

The suggestion to kill off the majority of the MU's female population to try and explain the warped gender ratio is one of the most awful, sexist, gross things I have ever heard. There is no context in which that could ever be okay.

Also the fact that there have been 5 other threads created about this is really frustrating.

And how have I been hostile or violent? I have never threatened anyone in these threads.

I told myself I was gonna jump ship on this particular topic...

A while back in the topic, someone used countries with warped gender ratios as evidence as to why Bionicle may "naturally" have one. In reality, we know that those warped ratios happen for often terrible, non-natural reasons...but whatevs.

I threw in that, in order for THAT piece of evidence to be used, something similar had to have happened in Bionicle's history. I meant for it to be recieved in a "well, that's really really messed up" way and hopefully sway people to advocating for an equal gender ratio...but I appeared to word it badly, and a lot of people took it and ran with it as the best thing since sliced bread.

So...yeah...I'll take responsibility for that particular train of thought. Also to say that it's terrible and people should come up other ideas...like, i dunno...making plasma female.

• Upvote 1

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.