Who were your Bionicle ships?

>click random topic

>find this:

Umbra x Kanohi Ignika.

>have entire perspective of the 2006-2008 storyline changed

>leaves

Seriously thought :P for some reason, 7-year-old JMSOG was incredibly predisposed to shipping...The most strong ones that I remember are Pohatu and Gali, and Vhisola and Orkahm...What led 7-year-old JMSOG to this conclusion, to this day, I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Teridax/himself, etc.

I was going to say, "Duh." then remembered that Alt. Teridax existed. :no:

As for me, I thought that Kiina X Berix and Kiina X Mata Nui were cases of unrequited love, although how deep that affection went is currently unknown. Nokama and Vakama had some chemistry, I thought, but they were really just good friends. 

• Upvote 3

No-one's mentioned Norik x Varian, or Mimic x Mimic's female companion yet. 

More ships:

Hewkii x Macku

Pohatu x Kopaka   "Grab my hand. We’re finding a way out of this." - Kopaka to Pohatu, The Powers That Be, Chapter 4.

Gali x Krika

Hafu x Himself

Mata Nui x Click

I never really got into shipping in BIONICLE, so that's as far as I can remember. I remember actively opposing Matau x Nokama and Tahu x Gali. I"m not sure why, but I don't think they have any chemistry.

Edited by Iku

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

I thought the Lhikan II was a far superior ship to the Lhikan.

NidhikixLariska4lyfe

I'm sorry but this is just wrong, this is the superior ship. Go to your room and think about what you've done.

Nah, Macku's Canoe is where it's at.

AOSR_Aqua_Magna.png

This one blows all of yours out of the water. 'Nuff said.

• Upvote 10

"Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld."

210pxthe_master_doctor_doom.jpg

NidhikixLariska4lyfe

I'm sorry but this is just wrong, this is the superior ship. Go to your room and think about what you've done.

AOSR_Aqua_Magna.png

Son sit down because I'm gonna show you how wrong you are with one simple fact. The blue boat is an iconic staple of early Bionicle. Everyone remembers the boat that lead the safety of Ga-koro. Where was your ship when Ga-Koro was under siege? I rest my case.
  • Upvote 1

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

NidhikixLariska4lyfe

AOSR_Aqua_Magna.png

Son sit down because I'm gonna show you how wrong you are with one simple fact. The blue boat is an iconic staple of early Bionicle. Everyone remembers the boat that lead the safety of Ga-koro. Where was your ship when Ga-Koro was under siege? I rest my case.

Look at that monster; it could eat Ga-Koro's boats for breakfast. Besides, what happened to your boats after 2003? They were never seen or mentioned again. Sorry, but now I rest my case. :P

• Upvote 4

"Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld."

Hafu x Himself

fbw0o9.jpg

>Man, I sure am sexy

NidhikixLariska4lyfe

AOSR_Aqua_Magna.png

Look at that monster; it could eat Ga-Koro's boats for breakfast. Besides, what happened to your boats after 2003? They were never seen or mentioned again. Sorry, but now I rest my case. :P

And how long was your boat canon? A year or two?  :P Macku's canoe has been canon since 2000.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Can totally see Lewa x Onua, as it was... it was Onua who like helped out Lewa with his krana problem, right? Or is my memory of MNOG II terrible?

If you think that happened in MNOLG 2, then yes, Your memory is more than terrible.

MakuXHuki? I guess? Muddy romantic subplots made my stomach shudder...

Eh... I kinda agree with the sentiment that romance subplots can be boring and cliche, so I didn't really have many. Maku and Huki (wow, so original), but other than that, I don't really know.

But how about G2? A Protector ship might be kinda interesting, but there's really no character to base anything off of. Maybe Skull Spiders x Faces?

• Upvote 2

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

But how about G2? A Protector ship might be kinda interesting, but there's really no character to base anything off of. Maybe Skull Spiders x Faces?

Best romantic subplot I've seen in Bionicle so far. Jaller and Hahli had something in Mask of Light, but I don't think they had much development in that area since (someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't read any of the 2007 books save the first).

TahuGali

JallerHahli (duh)

HewkiiMack (^)

WhenuaNuju

NokamaVakama

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

NidhikixLariska4lyfe

AOSR_Aqua_Magna.png

Neither was your dragon boat, besides people at least know about the basic ga-matoran boat. It has a nice simplicity to it anyone can pilot it. Your boat on the other hand looks terribly complex to control. 

• Upvote 1

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Gali x Tahu

Hewkii x Macku

Hahli x Jaller

Nidhiki x Krekka ???

Brutaka x Lariska

Gali x Krika (I felt this in Bionicle Legends #11: The Final Battle :begging:)

Matau x Kiina  :yinyang: (Those two "deserve" each other  <_<)

Edited by Toa of Cinema
  • Upvote 1

Onua.png

For me it had to be:

Hewkii and Macku

Takanuva and Gali

Jaller and Hahli

Nokama and Matau

Gresh and Kiina (Movie versions just because) :P

Takua and Nixie

Nuhvok-Kal and Gahlok-Kal lol

Lesovikk and Nikila! I almost forgot about that tragic love story! Soo implied, even if Greg swore it wasn't canon!

Edited by AZBlue
  • Upvote 3

I think you have missed out on one crucial ship. Gorast x Reidak. They're both partially black, both morally corrupt villains, her little stinger-mouth must be great for kissing... yeah, I think my brother was onto something with this ship.

• Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

(i'm not a fan of the male spectrum of same gender romance)

I mean, the bionicle universe is canonically, like, 90% dudes. If we're gonna talk romance being a thing here, statistically, there's gotta be some gay dudes in there.

My friend and I were just joking about this. We said that all elements except for Light and Psionics are gay since there's no other bigender tribes. Therefore, Takua has blue armor because he is expressing the fact that he likes girls, just like Ga-Matoran  :P

Edited by Toa Vanson

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

I mean, the bionicle universe is canonically, like, 90% dudes. If we're gonna talk romance being a thing here, statistically, there's gotta be some gay dudes in there.

My friend and I were just joking about this. We said that all elements except for Light and Psionics are gay since there's no other bigender tribes. Therefore, Takua has blue armor because he is expressing the fact that he likes girls, just like Ga-Matoran  :P

That's not a fair argument to make, Jalla and Hewkii both have girlfriends. Takua, on the other hand, even after becoming a Toa, doesn't ever get a love interest.

I think a more fair argument to make would be that every male Matoran is gay, except for the few that managed to snag female love interest.

EDIT: With this in mind, I'm headcanoning Takua x Jaller happening before Hahli catches his eye.

Edited by D5 Petewa

That's not a fair argument to make, Jalla and Hewkii both have girlfriends. Takua, on the other hand, even after becoming a Toa, doesn't ever get a love interest.

I think a more fair argument to make would be that every male Matoran is gay, except for the few that managed to snag female love interest.

EDIT: With this in mind, I'm headcanoning Takua x Jaller happening before Hahli catches his eye.

I did say we were joking  :P

But I like that idea. Maybe all Matoran are gay but they brush off their attraction since they're always around possible love interests. The ones who have an opposite-gender love interest are those who are a little more open or observatory. Hewkii's a sporty tough guy, so he doesn't have time to be with someone who might be on the other Kolhii team sometime. Jaller is in the military so he only wants professional relations with his comrades. Both have love interests who are far away, so it's not like they're taking time out of every day to see them when they're so busy.

Used to like Jaller/Hahli, but kinda fell apart after they became Toa and showed very little affection for each other, even as a friendship. Hahli/Matoro would have worked better, I think... I am liking the idea of Jaller/Takua, though. There's definitely a lot to work with there.

I would have liked to see more of Hewkii and Macku hanging out together, even played out as a purely platonic friendship.( I just want a big ugly Toa running around with a lil blue Matoran sitting on his shoulder sassing him, okay?)

Probably my crackiest one was Nuparu/Berix. I also like the idea of Gelu fancying Chiara, but maybe not being reciprocated. Or maybe Gelu/Kiina. Or Chiara/Kiina.

But the one that I had the most emotional investment in was Lesovikk/Nikila. I was so happy when I heard about the Red Star thing, because Lesovikk had appeared in that storyline, and if anyone tries to tell me that Kopaka and Pohatu didn't discover Nikila alive and (mostly) sane up there, help her and the others escape and then reunite her with Lesovikk, I will fight them.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Don't discuss sexual orientation, it doesn't sit well with Bonesiii.

I shouldn't think that should matter, considering to my knowledge discussion of sexual orientation isn't prohibited by any rule unless it falls under the intolerance policies.

It doesn't. :lookaround: But he's trying to say that today is "be nice to bonesiii day". :P 

Or "just because you can do it, doesn't mean that it is a good idea." Which I'm inclined to agree on, seeing the amount of flames and destruction previous talks have generated. This topic really hasn't been an example - let's not make it one, shall we?

(Although discussing it is a good way to make bonesiii disappear, but that usually isn't a good thing, as more harsh and vicious members of the Staff class of being appear instead. :P)

Don't discuss sexual orientation, it doesn't sit well with Bonesiii.

I shouldn't think that should matter, considering to my knowledge discussion of sexual orientation isn't prohibited by any rule unless it falls under the intolerance policies.

It doesn't. :lookaround: But he's trying to say that today is "be nice to bonesiii day". :P

Or "just because you can do it, doesn't mean that it is a good idea." Which I'm inclined to agree on, seeing the amount of flames and destruction previous talks have generated. This topic really hasn't been an example - let's not make it one, shall we?

(Although discussing it is a good way to make bonesiii disappear, but that usually isn't a good thing, as more harsh and vicious members of the Staff class of being appear instead. :P)

The thing is, as long as people follow the tolerance rules on the subject, the flames and destruction shouldn't happen. As long as you aren't a jerk about sexual orientations that aren't your own, then the subject is fine. And if people don't follow those rules, there are any number of staff numbers that can handle it, most of which either are or or support those non-heterosexual orientations who could handle things properly.

With all of that in mind, I see no reason why discussion of non-straight orientations in a topic that's pretty closely linked to them is something to be afraid of simply because of a staff member who has yet to accept them.

I'm not trying to advocate being a jerk to bonesiii; I'm just struggling to see how his views on non-straight relationships should dictate whether or not they should be discussed, even if the rules contradict those views.

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 6

G2 Onua/Tahu... Did anyone else noticed Onua literally blushed when he caught him? 

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/027/7/0/bionicle_2015__tahu_x_onua_____by_ryanonicle-d8flhy3.jpg

You're right. Tahu's mask isn't as gold in this frame. 

Onua x Tahu for life. I knew Gali deserved better than Tahu all along! (Better meaning Kopaka)

G2 Onua/Tahu... Did anyone else noticed Onua literally blushed when he caught him?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/027/7/0/bionicle_2015__tahu_x_onua_____by_ryanonicle-d8flhy3.jpg

You're right. Tahu's mask isn't as gold in this frame.

Onua x Tahu for life. I knew Gali deserved better than Tahu all along! (Better meaning Kopaka)

The ship has sailed! Let it prosper long! :D

To people talking about homosexual Matoran, I like to headcanon both bi-gendered tribes as well as the 1-in-10 rule, which states that statistically, 1 in 10 people are homosexual.

Gives everything a much more earthly feel and something to ground the Matoran in reality.

As for my ships... I know my character Tallix has a Ga-Koronan cargo ship, does that count? Otherwise;

Matau x Nokama

Mata Nui x Kiina

Prime!Teridax x Prime!Teridax

Vezon x Ignika

Brutaka x Axonn (more bromance than anything else)

Fem!Tahu x Kopaka

Male!Tahu x Gali

And, of course, Hewkii x Macku.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png