Who were your Bionicle ships?

Matau x Nokama

"I picture us taking a romantic ride-drive."

"You think Vamaka has strange visions"

"huh?"

Best ship ever :P

I always saw Matau and Nokama having a "mother and son" type of relationship. Matau acting like a bad kid and Nokama constantly having to babysit him.

Also, I ship Onua and Lewa. Both in Gen 1 and Gen 2. We all know the connection in Gen 1, but in Gen 2 I always felt Lewa was flirting with Onua in his own comedic way.

Hewkii x Hafu is another too. During the Bohrok invasion it could be seen easily. I feel like after the invasion there was a big love triangle between Hewkii, Hafu, and Macku. Which would explain why Macku and Hafu were stuck on defense in MoL. Keep them away from killing each other over Hewkii's love.

The best ship that never happened is Shadow Takanuva and Light Makuta. 

Seriously, why isn't this a thing? These two deserve their own spin-off.

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

The best ship that never happened is Shadow Takanuva and Light Makuta.

Seriously, why isn't this a thing? These two deserve their own spin-off.

And in the spin-off they're always called Two-Face and chased by a dark character that looks like a bat-- wait

• Upvote 1

They'd be fantastic leading men for a great police procedural. The world's greatest detectives investigating the mysterious death of Mata Nui. And they're running out of time.

• Upvote 1

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

Also, I ship Onua and Lewa. Both in Gen 1 and Gen 2. We all know the connection in Gen 1, but in Gen 2 I always felt Lewa was flirting with Onua in his own comedic way.

"He knows how to grab a attention"

"How to 'grab' 'attention'"

"'Grab' 'attention'"

Lewa, you dirty girl/boy/indeterminate!

• Upvote 5

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I've shipped Matau x Nokama since I was like 8 and no one will ever stop me.

I also really like Lewa x Onua and Kopaka x Pohatu.

As for other ships, I'm a pretty flexible sailor. :P

Lewa x Onua forever!

I s2g tho, mentioning Lewa x Onua is like shouting into the prairie and watching a bunch of prairie dogs pop out of the ground whispering "Lewa x Onua?" amongst themselves for a couple minutes.

More people ship it than I thought... they're all just hiding lol

They had so many good moments in the books too, whether they're bro moments ("broments") or romantic or w/e, it's hard to deny that they've gotten pretty close. ;)

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

I s2g tho, mentioning Lewa x Onua is like shouting into the prairie and watching a bunch of prairie dogs pop out of the ground whispering "Lewa x Onua?" amongst themselves for a couple minutes.

you can't prove anything

(Also Tahu/Gali, in part because I shipped them when I was young and never got out of the habit and in part because it drives certain friends of mine insane and I enjoy watching them suffer.)

• Upvote 4

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I've noticed lots of yaoi-esque ships, ala Kirk/Spock. It's kinda weird, especially from a toy fandom.

yaoi-esque?

Gay,

They mean gay.

Language Lesson;

Both Yaoi and Yuri are Japanese terms for 'practice' relationships between two young boys or girls. The internet has coopted them into a full-on term for homosexual relationships; Yaoi is male, Yuri is female.

As for the center nested quote, what would you expect when ninety percent of the characters are 'male'?

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The Transformers fandom says hello.

Chromedome x Rewind for life! :D

Also... Kopaka x Nikila (it makes sense in my headcanon 'cuz they met up in the Red Star and stuff...yeah...)

Edited by unknown456

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

Nidiki and Lariska

Jaller and Hahli

Nokama and Vakama

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Kopaka x Pohatu is still pretty cute... >///.///>

Yes pls I will join you in shipping Kopaka x Pohatu

I ship it like FedEx

Also, I forgot to mention, but I totally dig Kiina and Berix being in some sort of platonic or romantic relationship (I don't care which lmao), because TLR actually gave them some sort of development. 

• Upvote 2
WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

As soon as I'm able to, I want to buy another Onua and Lewa. Then pose them on my shelf cuddling with each other. OTP

(/)^3^(\) ♥

Why can I now imagine them as an elderly couple, looking over their little Onua-Lewa babies.... o.0

Turaga Onua and Turaga Lewa watching their Matoran children turn into a toa. "They grow up so fast"

• Upvote 1

As soon as I'm able to, I want to buy another Onua and Lewa. Then pose them on my shelf cuddling with each other. OTP

(/)^3^(\) ♥

Why can I now imagine them as an elderly couple, looking over their little Onua-Lewa babies.... o.0

Turaga Onua and Turaga Lewa watching their Matoran children turn into a toa. "They grow up so fast"

So cute... ;u;

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

(/)^3^(\) ♥

So cute... ;u;

I need to make a fan fiction of this so badly now. Where's my pen and paper??

(/)^3^(\) ♥

So cute... ;u;

Oh boy... what have I done...? XD

|

(/)^3^(\) ♥

So cute... ;u;

Relax, I'll keep it PG. Instead of actually having the kid, they just go to a Toys R' Us

(/)^3^(\) ♥

So cute... ;u;
Relax, I'll keep it PG. Instead of actually having the kid, they just go to a Toys R' Us

Still... WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

|

Hewkii x Macku

Jaller x Hahli

Matau x Nokama (These first three ships are as close as any G1 ship could be to "canon", since there was obvious and unmistakeable flirting between these characters)

Onewa x Krahka

Gali x Takanuva

Kopaka x Pohatu

Dalu x Balta

Axonn x Brutaka? Maybe? Probably? Never quite decided how I sit with that one. I started writing a fan fiction about those two, but never finished it and never quite decided how romantic I wanted their relationship to be — the central theme of the fan fiction would have had more to do with Axonn trying to be supportive and help Brutaka overcome his Antidermis addiction than anything else.

And of course, Kiina x Mata Nui. That one is an interesting one because it's unlikely that Kiina ever has an opportunity to open up about her feelings, and she knew Mata Nui for such a short time that it's hard to tell whether she was in love with him or with what he represented (the possibility of a life and a world beyond the dire desolation of Bara Magna). But I'd be prepared to say she had a crush on him, at any rate.

I used to ship Matoro with Nixie but nowadays I can't really defend that decision; it was mostly just because I was writing a Matoro-themed fan fiction at the time and wanted Matoro to have somebody special he had to decide between confiding in and keeping secrets from. Nixie seemed like a good candidate because as an astrologer, she too would have had special knowledge that set her apart from the other Matoran.

I also at one time shipped Roodaka with Makuta (since she seemed a bit obsessed with him in Web of Shadows) but obviously let go of that one in later years once it became clear that Roodaka was just a self-interested manipulator who didn't have any genuine interest in or loyalties to anybody. Makuta Gorast later sort of took on the role I had expected Roodaka to have, but I never really saw Gorast's fanatical loyalty in any potentially romantic light because unlike Roodaka, Gorast would never think of herself as Teridax's equal, just as his most devoted follower.

I don't have any G2 ships yet — I don't feel like we've seen enough one-on-one interactions between the characters for me to really decide which characters have good chemistry.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

Ok so in this topic when you mean "ship" you mean friendships and/or relationships? Because it seems pretty vague, since there are obviously more bromances than any actual gay relationships that some of you seem to be hinting at? Which is expected I guess since most fans do have their own take on a character (no matter how wrong they may choose to be). 

Officially there are no gay Bionicles, and they only possibly exist in fan fiction.... oh how some people's fantasy make other cringe... lol In fact all Bionicle characters are in canon: asexual, but generally with masculine and feminine characteristics of heterosexuals, but again minus the sexual attraction. (Although, I'm talking about characters from the Matoran universe, not the Glatorian characters... because I don't care to go into those character, because they can have offspring... somehow?)

Let's be real here, there is no official Bionicle character that displayed an openly gay personality. So the fact that people want to warp the idea of any bromance and act like they are gay is very dishonest. I mean... I make fun of bromances as much as the next guy, but most of the time it's just for good fun and I don't actually think they are gay, because usually one of them has a girlfriend. 

Also, genderbending, as far as fanfic goes... well if you are going to genderbend... it can't just be one main character from the story... it really should be all of them, like in most comic book stories. So all of those Pohato X Lady Kopaka.... that's just weird to me. lol Besides they were like opposite personalities that oddly work well together and that's it. (Pohatu turns to Kopaka and says, "You can be my wingman anytime." Kopaka face-palms....)

As for normal relationships/friendships... I actually always like Jaller and Hahli being in a complicated on and off relationship, sort of like Robin and Starfire from the Teen Titans (spoiler alert, they don't actually end up together... at least not in the comics, but they do almost get married.) 

Hewkii and Macku could still have a sort of close relationship, I mean Hewkii Mahri is one of the shortest toa. lol 

Gali never seemed that interested in the other toa really... and tend to care more about keeping the peace than anything else... but I think Kopaka and Tahu both sort of liked her, or at least just rivaled for her friendship a few times. 

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

Let's be real here, there is no official Bionicle character that displayed an openly gay personality.

"Gay personality" what is a... "gay" personality? and what are the signs of such a personality? can only people with "gay personalities" be gay? is there a "Bi personality" too? is it impossible to be anything but straight without the "gay personality"?

but really, with that horridly skewed gender ratio, there's a pretty decent chance of somebody in Bionicle being gay, if not most of them. :0

• Upvote 8

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Let's be real here, there is no official Bionicle character that displayed an openly gay personality.

"Gay personality" what is a... "gay" personality? and what are the signs of such a personality? can only people with "gay personalities" be gay? is there a "Bi personality" too? is it impossible to be anything but straight without the "gay personality"?

but really, with that horridly skewed gender ratio, there's a pretty decent chance of somebody in Bionicle being gay, if not most of them. :0

1st) You can still have a romantic relationship without sexual interaction. I have many partners who I only go as far as kissing and close cuddling.

2nd) The characters have shown a need to care for eachother, which means they also rely on companionship. If two characters rely heavily on each other to an extent, it CAN evolve into a romantic relationship.

3rd) It's a world where 90% of the known characters are male. And the gender identity is only through their thought process (AI). If they choose to love another of the same gender, it wouldn't seem like a big deal to them. They don't face the same social pressure we have from decades of suppression from monotheistic religions. So being gay would not bother them one bit.

Onua x Lewa forever