Metal Kanohi (from the past)

Flintsmith

It's good to see you back on BZPower! These masks are pretty cool and I was wondering, do you have a way to cast transparent Kaukau or paint over them while leaving the visor transparent?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Wow these are really cool and pretty to look at. the Naturally two-toned Hau and the Kraata I think are my favorites even though I'd have no use for the later. Have you thought about going into the Gen2 era of Masks? Also di these work well as actual set masks or are they simply display pieces? I would think being metal over plastic they could make their wearer's a bit heavy in that regard yes?

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Oh wow, that would have some heft to it unless you had a really light alloy.  Still a fully metallic armored Toa would be cool to see. Would they maybe be of one of the metallic elements, Sonics, magnetism, Iron?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Polish it to a fine shine? Yeah tried to make a pun on the Light element, how well did it go over?

Onua.png

It'd be cool if you made the Ignika and the Mask of Creation (once it comes out) in the same color as your Vahi.  Then you could have a collection of all the legendary masks in gold.  That'd look awesome.  :)

TotBI

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing stuff, you know I'm a huge fan of your work and it's good to see you bringing the process back to the forum as your sig link has been broken for a long time! Sorry to see the flawed Huna is missing, that was always one of my personaly favourites ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I NEED to do this. Just built an aluminum forge!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Thanks Gonny!

You're welcome and I appreciate the shout out. I saw this topic a while back but forgot to post. I really like these masks. I feel like they may not all look perfect, but that sort of rough texture makes them look like more like they could have been worn by the characters in the story throughout their adventures. I find the process really interesting and am glad you took the time to describe the process in detail. I'm sure there are many people who'd like to attempt something like this if they had the right equipment.

This is off topic, but your link to the transparent purple Kaukau doesn't work.

That can also be viewed via webarchive. There's some interesting discussion of the mask there where you can see most people assumed it was molded and you can see what some of the original batch sold for in the B/S/T topic linked in the first post of the above link. I recall at one point, Flintsmith stating that the mask was not molded but had been made purple by applying certain chemicals. Bzpower member, Omega12, was able to achieve similar results.

Edited by Gonny

A Turaga

You are a very wise Turaga.

Ultimate Bionicle Knowledge Quiz