Bionicle Character You Didn't Want To Die

Zaktan because I felt like he was one of the best developed and most interesting characters in Bionicle's lifespan.Botar because no one really cared about him anyways and thus killing him off was just unnecessary. Not to mention that they just replaced him with someone who is pretty much an exact replica, and is called "Botar's replacement". :PAncient because he was just really cool. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngAnd pretty much everyone that died after 2007, excluding a few.

oniban.png

Certainly Makuta Teridax. If he hadn't died, the storyline would have probably gone further, and Bionicle might not have ended when it did.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Certainly Makuta Teridax. If he hadn't died, the storyline would have probably gone further, and Bionicle might not have ended when it did.

Teridax remaining alive in the story wouldn't have stopped the Bionicle storyline from coming to an end back in 2010. In fact, I don't think anything aside from a huge surge in the sale of its sets would've stopped it from ending.
  • Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Teridax remaining alive in the story wouldn't have stopped the Bionicle storyline from coming to an end back in 2010. In fact, I don't think anything aside from a huge surge in the sale of its sets would've stopped it from ending.
I just said that the storyline might have gone further. I didn't say I thought sets would continue.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Zaktan because I felt like he was one of the best developed and most interesting characters in Bionicle's lifespan.Botar because no one really cared about him anyways and thus killing him off was just unnecessary. Not to mention that they just replaced him with someone who is pretty much an exact replica, and is called "Botar's replacement". :PAncient because he was just really cool. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngAnd pretty much everyone that died after 2007, excluding a few.

Yeah, you pretty much summed up my choices. Regarding Botar, I think Bionicle was trying to show that warfare has a price for both sides, but it came off feeling contrived, much like a lot of character deaths in war-based video games. I suppose it would've been nice to see more of the Karda Nui Makuta, but I really wasn't too attached to them.-Ced

• 2 years later...

I disliked the deaths of Zaktan, the Makuta race, and Tren Krom. Karzahni (geeze, I can never remember how to spell that guy's name) for me died after his confrontation with Makuta Teridala, his bodily death ensured that his mind would never be restored. :/

Carapar. He was my favorite Barraki, and I really liked how his set looked.I also wished that some of the Karda Nui Makuta would've survived. A lot of them (particually Krika, Icarax, and a couple others) had really cool potienal for future storylines. But now their dead. :(

Agreed. I liked the 2008 Makuta and Carapar also.Still don't get it why they had to kill Tren Krom and Karzahni, either.

It was going to lead into a new story somehow involving Velika, the Golden Skakdi Emperor, and Marendar.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I just said that the storyline might have gone further. I didn't say I thought sets would continue.

Bionicle ending is why Teridax was killed off. Of course, he would have died later anyway, probably in 2012, but the end battle was sped up because of declining sales. They already intended to discontinue Bionicle back in late 2008.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Looks like my main gripe has already been mentioned: Tren Krom :[

Likwise, Tren Krom shouldn't have died. He is an ancient being of untold power, whose mind was able to run the Matoran Universe (not at full strength, but he handled the system better than most would have. Mata-Nui and Makuta are the only ones better) He had been imprisoned for ages for crimes he might commit, which would have made for interesting interactions with the Great Beings. And he had some sort of attachment to the Matoran Universe, he seemed disturbed by what had happened to the MU after he was imprisoned and he did agree to save it. He had so much potential.

As well as most of the Makuta, & Nidhiki! Krekka dying could have been used better, as far as Hunters & Teridax interactions go... I didn't mind Carapar dying when & how he did, although seeing a bit more of some of the other Baraki could have been nice... Karzahni,  seemed like a wasted character as well.  Botar just seemed pointless all around, as was his replacement. ...Wait hang on;

Oh, where to begin.I think I'll start with the 2008 Makuta. Such interesting characters(specifically Krika, Mutran and Icarax) that were all "oh hey now you see us now you don't". Guh. It felt so cheap. Teridax is another one. I think he deserved a better death than just a moon(or rather, a fragment of one) to the back of the head. I also think Botar was a terrible excuse just to kill someone. It was all "oh cool I'm in the story oh wait no I'm not". Nidhiki and Krekka also felt cheap. Nidhiki was an intriguing character that deserved more than what he got, and I think Krekka had more potential than he was given credit for. Guardian and Ancient both seemed like excuses to kill off someone. Ancient had good potential and Guardian was just a Dark Hunter that had no real reason to die.

Then there is Karzahni. I think he had potential. Tren Krom is another. I mean, this being of pure power is finally set free of his bonds. And then he gets killed. Wow. That was meaningful.I think in the end, I think I would like to have the 2008 Makuta stay alive most. I think it would have been interesting to see their personalities for longer than half a year.

Characters such as Lhikan I didn't want to die, but there deaths worked well IMO.

...Hang on ...these dates?!

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Zaktan, Antroz, Lihkan, and Nocturn.I don't what everybody likes about Krika.... Antrox, Vamprah, Chirox, Mutran, and Icarax were a lot better.

I agree.  The early 2008 characters especially (Antrox, Vamprah, Chirox, Mutran, and Icarax) cool.  Teridax also gets a nod from me for dying.  He had so much potential.  The Teridax from the Melding is still out there though......