Jovan

Lhikan

Mavrah

Nocturn

One Ga-Matoran drowned by Tuyet

All the Nynrah Ghosts who created Gaardus

All the Nynrah Ghosts that created the Fohrak

Many Toa of Iron and Magnetism

Possibly Toa of Plasma, Sonics, and Gravity killed by Zaktan, Avak or Hakann, and Lariska respectively

Possibly several Toa of Water killed by Hakann

Possibly several non-Norik's team Toa Hagah killed by the Makuta 

Possibly a Toa travelling to Karzahni who wore a Suletu

Possibly a Toa allegedly killed by Charger

Deceased:

All Makuta minus Miserix (so 99 Makuta)

Ancient

Carapar

Certavus

Karzahni(Being)

Kodan

Krekka

Lein

Matoro

Naho, Nidhiki, and other all Toa Mangai minus Tuyet  and Lhikan (so 9)

Nikila and all other Toa Cordak minus Lesovikk (so 7)

Reysa

Sidorak

Telluris

Tren Krom

A couple Matoran who fell into a volcano on Voya Nui

Two Fire Tribe Glatorian

A Fire and Jungle Glatorian in the Core Processor

Many Glatorian in the Jungle of Blades

Many members of the Iron Tribe

Over a thousand Ice Agori (accidently) killed by Vastus

A Le-Matoran killed by Tuyet

A Ta-Matoran killed by Tuyet

Many Glatorian and most(?) Skrall killed by Baterra

A Tuyet from another universe that died in the Pit

A Mahri-Nui Ta-Matoran who died saving Hahli

Several Ta-Matoran who died attempting an escape to Mata Nui

Deceased (Other):

Morbuzahk

Karzahni(plant)

Enlarged Gadunka

Nivawk

Mutran's goopy, flying rahi thing killed by Toa Ignika

Matoran-Rahi combo killed by the energy storms

Anyone/anything in Karda Nui when the energy storms struck

There's probably a few that I missed, but by and large, that's it (barring casualties from the Core War, DH/BoM War, Toa/DH War, and OoMN/BoM War)  (and right now, I'm far too lazy to count up all of these people, so yeah ;)

Edit: Thanks Vanson for the numbers ;), if there's one thing I know about Bionicle, it's who is and isn't dead :P

Also, I added several red shirt Toa, some red shirt Matoran, Baterra kills, several Toa Hagah, Mutran's goopy rahi, the matoran-rahi combo thing, and whoever/whatever was in Karda Nui when the energy storms struck, bringing the total close to 1,300 revived/deceased characters, if not more.

Edited by unknown456
  • Upvote 7

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

Revived:

Botar

Gaardus

Guardian

(Original) Hydraxon

Ihu

Jaller

Jovan

Lhikan

Mavrah

Nocturn

One Ga-Matoran drowned by Tuyet

All the Nynrah Ghosts who created Gaardus

All the Nynrah Ghosts that created the Fohrak

Many Toa of Iron and Magnetism

Possibly Toa of Plasma, Sonics, and Gravity killed by Zaktan, Avak or Hakann, and Lariska respectively

Possibly several Toa of Water killed by Hakann

Deceased:

All Makuta minus Miserix (so 99 Makuta)

Ancient

Carapar

Certavus

Karzahni(Being)

Kodan

Krekka

Lein

Matoro

Naho, Nidhiki, and other all Toa Mangai minus Tuyet  and Lhikan (so 9)

Nikila and all other Toa Cordak minus Lesovikk (so 7)

Reysa

Sidorak

Telluris

Tren Krom

A couple Matoran who fell into a volcano on Voya Nui

Two Fire Tribe Glatorian

A Fire and Jungle Glatorian in the Core Processor

Many Glatorian in the Jungle of Blades

Many members of the Iron Tribe

Over a thousand Ice Agori (accidently) killed by Vastus

A Le-Matoran killed by Tuyet

A Ta-Matoran killed by Tuyet

Deceased (Other):

Morbuzahk

Karzahni(plant)

Enlarged Gadunka

Nivawk

There's probably a few that I missed, but by and large, that's it (barring casualties from the DH BoM war, Toa DH war, and OoMN BoM war)  (and right now, I'm far too lazy to count up all of these people, so yeah ;)

Impressive :P 

I added up the deceased column(with estimations on some) and came to about 1,200. Adding revived, you get about 1,270.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

What is this this Vastus massacre thing I have never heard of?

yeah i find it weird, mostly 'cause vastus was never really an important character? o:

A death toll is always important in a storyline. It adds realism to it. Even if the characters aren't important to most.

I keep track of every death in the epic I'm writing, which I know will be important for many.

• Upvote 1

What is this this Vastus massacre thing I have never heard of?

From BS01:

During the Core War, he was enlisted by the Element Lord of Jungle to fight for the control of Energized Protodermis, and led troops as a field commander. He was designated to lead a covert unit, which infiltrated enemy villages to sabotage their efforts. One of their missions was to sneak into the Ice Tribe village and trigger an avalanche that would block the main road off from the mountain. However, an error created a larger slide than they had predicted, and half the village was destroyed, resulting in the death of over one thousand mostly non-combatant Agori. This event tormented Vastus, and he began to feel guilt over his actions.

That bit came from Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna, I think.

• Upvote 5

Kapura1234

What is this this Vastus massacre thing that I have never heard of?

(Kapura'd)

It came from 'Bionicle: Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna', where it was mentioned that one time and then probably never mentioned again in the main storyline.  I just remembered it off hand.

Which reminds me, that book also mentioned that, right before the Shattering, Tarix was leading a patrol with Kiina and several others, and were trapped in the desert for a considerable amount of time, during which several members of the patrol died.  Tidbits, they always some in handy.

CarumEsSarene

Thank you, but there's numbers missing.  Rahi, Rahkshi, Bohrok, etc; Those count too.

Okay, a bit harder to answer, just 'cause I'm not too sure myself about those statistics either.

But what the heck ,I'll wing it:

So, off the top of my head, some rahi that have died would be: the Red Serpent from the Maze of Shadows (and, indeed, most rahi that were in the maze (again, not sure how many or what they were)), several Razor Whales that were killed by Nocturn throughout his lifetime (no actual numbers I think) (also, that reminds me of more deaths: all of the inhabitants of Nocturn's island that died when he split his island in two), a brood of sea squid that Mantax ate (however many is in a brood, I have no idea), at least one sea squid eaten by Takadox, many rahi that died when Voya Nui left and returned to the M.U. (also, that reminds me once more: all the Matoran that died when Voya Nui first left the M.U., and then when Mahri Nui sank beneath the waves), like I previously said, any rahi caught up in the energy storms... probably some more that I'm forgetting.

Visorak: the OoMN  killed the entire species with a volcanic eruption on the island of Artidax.  But Great Spirit Teridax recreated the species, so yeah...

Vahki: All Vahki were destroyed either during the Great Cataclysm due to an energy surge, or by the Visorak after the G.C. (although I could have sworn that I heard that at least some Vahki were stolen by the Dark Hunters, but I don't know if this is true..)

Rahkshi: Welp, a bit tougher, but doable.  Staring off, I think that all six Rahkshi shells from the island of Mata Nui were destroyed/turned into the Ussanui, so there's that.  As for the kraata from those rahkshi, I'm not sure.  At least one made it back to Mangaia.  Now, just after the G.C., all the surviving rahkshi in Metru Nui were aged to dust by Voporak, and during the OoMN/BoM War, the beach of Nynrah was littered with broken pieces of rahkshi, so someone can try and figure how many rahkshi it takes to litter a beach.  Then of course there was Golden Armor Tahu, who annihilated all kraata on Bara Magna, but not(?) the rahkshi shells, which were mainly heat vision rahkshi, but also included a few others, like at least one quick healing rahkshi.

Bohrok: welp, at least one bohrok (a Gahlok) was turned into a Boxor (how many Boxors were actually made from Bohrok?  Is there any sort of indication?), um... several Bohrok and Bohrok Va were probably destroyed during the Bohrok Wars(no idea how many), and their krana were all collected and put into pits, where they were eventually freed by the reawakened Bohrok swarms, and returned to the nests.  In between that time (end of the Bohrok Wars and appearance of the Kal), the bohrok were reprogrammed by the Matoran to serve them, although they too returned to the nest eventually (except for those Tahnok that are in space...)

Bohrok-Kal: all the kal were effectively killed by their own powers, so there's that.  As for the Krana-Kal, those that weren't inside that Kal at their defeat are probably still somewhere... 

Zyglak: Several zyglak were killed by Ehlek's species   

Dark Hunters: several D.H.'s were killed by Skakdi when they were fleeing the above mentioned Zyglak

That's all that I can think of for now, but of course, anyone feel free to correct me or add to my list. 

Edited by unknown456
  • Upvote 2

Kapura1234

What is this this Vastus massacre thing that I have never heard of?

(Kapura'd)

It came from 'Bionicle: Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna', where it was mentioned that one time and then probably never mentioned again in the main storyline.  I just remembered it off hand.

Which reminds me, that book also mentioned that, right before the Shattering, Tarix was leading a patrol with Kiina and several others, and were trapped in the desert for a considerable amount of time, during which several members of the patrol died.  Tidbits, they always some in handy.

CarumEsSarene

Thank you, but there's numbers missing.  Rahi, Rahkshi, Bohrok, etc; Those count too.

Okay, a bit harder to answer, just 'cause I'm not too sure myself about those statistics either.

But what the heck ,I'll wing it:

So, off the top of my head, some rahi that have died would be: the Red Serpent from the Maze of Shadows (and, indeed. most rahi that were in the maze (again, not sure how many or what they were)), several Razor Whales that were killed by Nocturn throughout his lifetime (no actual numbers I think) (also, that reminds me of more deaths: all of the inhabitants of Nocturn's island that died when he split his island in two), a brood of sea squid that Mantax ate (however many is in a brood, I have no idea), at least one sea squid eaten by Takadox, many rahi that died when Voya Nui left and returned to the M.U. (also, that reminds me once more: all the Matoran that died when Voya Nui first left the M.U., and then when Mahri Nui sank beneath the waves), like I previously said, any rahi caught up in the energy storms... probably some more that I'm forgetting.

Visorak: the OoMN  killed the entire species with a volcanic eruption on the island of Artidax.  But Great Spirit Teridax recreated the species, so yeah...

Vahki: All Vahki were destroyed either during the Great Cataclysm due to an energy surge, or by the Visorak after the G.C. (although I could have sworn that I heard that at least some Vahki were stolen by the Dark Hunters, but I don't know if this is true..)

Rahkshi: Welp, a bit tougher, but doable.  Staring off, I think that all six Rahkshoi shells from the island of Mata Nui were destroyed/turned into the Ussanui, so there's that.  As for the kraata form those rahkshi, I'm not sure.  At least one made it back to Mangaia.  Now, just after the G.C., all the surviving rahkshi in Metru Nui were aged to dust by Voporak, and during the OoMN/BoM War, the beach of Nynrah was littered with broken pieces of rahkshi, so someone can try and figure how many rahkshi it takes to litter a beach.  Then of course there was Golden Armor Tahu, who annihilated all karata on Bara Magna, but not(?) the rahkshi shells, which was mainly heat vision rahkshi, but also included a few others, like at least one quick healing rahkshi.

Bohrok: welp, at least one bohrok (a Gahlok) was turned into a Boxor (how many Boxors were actually made from Bohrok?  Is there any sort of indication?), um... several Bohrok and Bohrok Va were probably destroyed during the Bohrok Wars(no idea how many), and their krana were all collected and put into pits, where they were eventually freed by the reawakened Bohrok swarms, and returned to the nests.  In between that time (end of the Bohrok Wars and appearance of the Kal), the bohrok were reprogrammed by the Matoran to serve them, although they too returned to the nest eventually (except for those Tahnok that are in space...)

Bohrok-Kal: all the kal were effectively killed by their own powers, so there's that.  As for the Krana-Kal, those that weren't inside that Kal at their defeat are probably still somewhere... 

Zyglak: Several zyglak were killed by Ehlek's species   

Dark Hunters: several D.H.'s were killed by Skakdi when they were feeling the above mentioned Zyglak

That's all that I can think of for now, but of course, anyone feel free to correct me or add to my list. 

Are we counting robots as deaths, too? If not, Vahki don't count.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

What about fusions like Prototype, the Hordika Dragons, the Protocairns, or the Golden-Skinned Fusion?  What I mean is, how do we count the components of these fusions?  Alive, dead, or something else? 

Also, what about the Av-Matoran who've turned into Bohrok?  How should they count?  (Personally, I'd just call them zombies, since, well, their bodies continue to live on, but their minds/essences/'souls'/whatever are gone.)

How about AU deaths?

AU? Oh! It probably means Alternate Universe(s). if that's the case, I really don't think we should count those, as they don't really add anything to the story, just deepens the lore with extra info (unless AU characters entered the prime reality or while away threatened the life of a prime reality character, when that happens then they become important).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Already got those Matoran in my first post ;)

Although, I've done some thinking, and there are a few others that could be added:

A Visorak (Suukorak?) killed by Thok on Voya Nui

An entire heard of Kikanalo annihilated by Hakann on Voya Nui

An entire island full of rare Rahi that was blown up by the Vortixx

The Mountain

Many members of Tobduk's species, wiped out by the Visorak

All members of Keetongu's species (aside from Keetongu), wiped out by the Visorak

All members of Krahka's species (aside from Krahka), wiped out by the Visorak

Many members of Poison's species, wiped out by the Matoran

The Toa who first wore the Ignika

Annona

A Skakdi killed by Pridak 

Krekka's species: six killed by Gladiator, seven drowned by Takadox

Also, if we are counting robot destruction as deaths:

Exo-Toa: one destroyed by Mutran, six destroyed by the Bohrok-Kal, and 12 crushed by Onua

Maxilos: one that was possessed by Teridax and later destroyed by the Barraki and their armies (possibly one more that was eaten by a Shallows Cat)

Two ginormous robots: one crumbled to dust, the other got mooned

I'm going to chuck in a random number and say 1500 named and unnamed characters were killed or revived and trapped on the red star.

Off Topic Question: If the red star is designed to revive inhabitants that got killed, how come Jaller didn't end up there and placed back on Mata Nui with a new identity?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

It has been repeatedly stated that you do not need to be in the MU to be revived.

Was this on the LMB somewhere? As far as I knew it was unconfirmed.

What are you guys talking about? I follow LMB semi-regularly and I've seen Greg confirm multiple times that you have to be in the MU to be revived. A few years back it was unconfirmed, but Greg has since made up his mind. I can't pull up a direct quote at the moment, but I'm very confident in what I'm saying. It's why the people who died in the Battle of Bara Magna, Glatorian and Toa, weren't revived. 

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few others that I thought I'd add for completionist* sake ;):

Revived:

Toa: Most (all?) Toa at the Makoki Stone Guard Fortress that were killed by Frostelus (aside for Lhikan), apparently a team of Toa on the Northern Continent killed off for a D.H. plot**

One Vortixx killed by the Shadowed One 

Deceased:

Shadow Takanuva: Most were killed when Destral was invaded by the OoMN, three were killed by Alt. Teridax

Matoran: Several jumped into a pool of Energized Protodermis and died; only Firedracax survived 

Anyone or anything who knew the location of Artakha, including Rahkshi, Visorak, and Exo-Toa

Visorak: About 50 electrocuted by Chiara

Other:

The first Visorak assault wave on the island of Artahka, incinerated by Crystal Serpents

Many Rahkshi killed during the said assault on Artakha

Many Exo-Toa destroyed by Norik and Iruni during the Raid of Destral

All Fohrak were destroyed by Teridax's Toa Hagah

Victims of the Archives Massacre

*is that even a real word? :P

** I have no idea where this came from, so if someone could please source it, I'd be happy :)

Edited by unknown456

Jaller's revival, I believe, has since been explained: when a person wearing a mask dies, some residual life force of said person temporarily lingers in their mask. So Takutanuva used part of Teridax's life force to "stimulate" what was left of Jaller's and revive him. I don't feel like digging through the chat right now for a source.

I feel I should mention Takanuva, who apparently died when Takutanuva was crushed but somehow was revived from his mask. Given how nobody in particular revived him (it was the Three Virtues symbol on the floor, apparently) it remains unexplained and will probably always remain that way, unless one of the movie's script writers comes forward.

Onewa killed the Kahgarak who sent Krahka and Tahtorak to the Zone of Shadows out of Hordika-fueled revenge, since he had developed a friendship with Krahka. It is certainly possible (even likely) that other Visorak died during the Battle of Metru Nui. Odd considering Toa don't kill, usually not even Rahi, but then, they were Toa Hordika at that point and mentally unstable.

Vezon, while guarding the Ignika, used the Spear of Fusion to split several small flying Rahi each into two one-winged creatures, who then fell to the ground because they couldn't fly anymore and died on impact.

Two Glatorian (Jungle and Fire Tribe) were stationed in the Matoran Universe's Core Processor to "pilot" Mata Nui for the takeoff. They were supposed to safely eject after takeoff had started, but a malfunction prevented the ejection, and they stayed there and died, presumably of starvation or something. I believe their corpses were seen in Dwellers in Darkness (before Glatorian were officially unveiled).

As for fusions, Greg said that because a fusion is a composite being, the beings used to make the fusions are not dead. Source is the last post on this page.

• Upvote 2

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

This wasn't mentioned: Mata Nui died and was revived.

Also: Nocturn killed at least two mudfish with his "touch of death" curse when he had the Ignika.

Any Rahi/Aqua Magna creatures that the Barraki ate.

Fish Rahi seen for sale in Ga-Koro and Onu-Koro in the Mata Nui Online Game.

Malum killed the pack leader Vorox the day after he defeated and exiled it.

Teridax used his Rahi Control power to make Karzahni's army of Manas all kill each other.

Several beings died and were revived on the Red Star, but then died again (presumably permanently) because the Kestora dissected them.

Miserix absorbed Spiriah and the Makuta of Stelt.

Kojol was killed because he knew the location of Artakha.

Just curious: what media featured the Ta-Matoran dying trying to escape Mata Nui? I do remember this vaguely, but can't remember where it was first mentioned.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

How about AU deaths?

AU? Oh! It probably means Alternate Universe(s). if that's the case, I really don't think we should count those, as they don't really add anything to the story, just deepens the lore with extra info (unless AU characters entered the prime reality or while away threatened the life of a prime reality character, when that happens then they become important).

Just for fun:

City of Silver Pocket Dimension (not an alternate universe, but still worth mentioning)

All but one of the City-Building Creatures were hunted by the Kestora

Toa Empire Alternate Universe

Tahu (killed by Primal)

Gali (killed by Ahkmou)

Lewa (killed by Teridax)

Kopaka (killed by Lesovikk)

Tuyet (killed by closing dimensional gate)

Lhikan (killed by Nidhiki)

Nynrah Ghosts (killed by Nidhiki's team)

Brutaka (killed by Bomonga)

Kojol (killed by a Toa of Plasma)

Ahkmou (killed by Onua)

Primal (killed by Gali)

Dweller (killed by Toa)

The Kingdom Alternate Universe

Mata Nui (killed by Teridax, permanently)

Pohatu (killed by Rahkshi)

Hewkii (killed by Rahkshi)

Matoro (killed by Teridax)

Teridax (killed by Matoro)

Icarax (killed by Teridax)

Antroz (killed by Teridax)

Chirox (killed by Teridax)

Vamprah (killed by Teridax)

Mutran (killed by Teridax)

Bitil (killed by Teridax)

Gorast (killed by Teridax)

Krika (killed by Teridax)

Tridax (killed by Teridax)

Makuta of Stelt (killed by Teridax)

And all the same deaths as the core universe up to Nidhiki siding with Tuyet instead of Lhikan (Toa Empire Alternate Universe) and Matoro failing to revive Mata Nui (The Kingdom Alternate Universe).

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 1

Aren't you guys forgetting that Protection by InnerRayg implies that the worms killed at least one Rahi? ;)

[E]xcept for the exciting method of smothering their prey under their collective mass, they had no defence.

[...]

Using their mass together once more he assumed, they had to have broken into the pods.

(Emphasis mine)

Just curious, what media featured the Ta-Matoran dying trying to escape Mata Nui? I do remember this vaguely, but I can't remember where it was first mentioned.

The very last entry of Takanuva's Blog mentioned that a group of Ta-Matoran had escaped from Teridax controlled Metru Nui, were travelling to Mata Nui, and were supposed to send word back, but never did.  Greg later confirmed that these Matoran had died.  

Just curious, what media featured the Ta-Matoran dying trying to escape Mata Nui? I do remember this vaguely, but I can't remember where it was first mentioned.

The very last entry of Takanuva's Blog mentioned that a group of Ta-Matoran had escaped from Teridax controlled Metru Nui, were travelling to Mata Nui, and were supposed to send word back, but never did.  Greg later confirmed that these Matoran had died.  

Oh, that. I thought you said they were trying to escape Mata Nui, and that it was some obscure thing mentioned in the encyclopedia or something. Did he say how they died? If they did escape they either A) fell to their deaths from the robot's face, or B) if Teridax already took off, and they suffocated in the vacuum of space.

Just curious, what media featured the Ta-Matoran dying trying to escape Mata Nui? I do remember this vaguely, but I can't remember where it was first mentioned.

The very last entry of Takanuva's Blog mentioned that a group of Ta-Matoran had escaped from Teridax controlled Metru Nui, were travelling to Mata Nui, and were supposed to send word back, but never did. Greg later confirmed that these Matoran had died.

Oh, that. I thought you said they were trying to escape Mata Nui, and that it was some obscure thing mentioned in the encyclopedia or something. Did he say how they died? If they did escape they either A) fell to their deaths from the robot's face, or B) if Teridax already took off, and they suffocated in the vacuum of space.

Most likely B. The matoran would've stayed clung to Mata Nui. It has a center of gravity to itself so the matoran would have had no trouble walking around outside.

Just curious, what media featured the Ta-Matoran dying trying to escape Mata Nui? I do remember this vaguely, but I can't remember where it was first mentioned.

The very last entry of Takanuva's Blog mentioned that a group of Ta-Matoran had escaped from Teridax controlled Metru Nui, were travelling to Mata Nui, and were supposed to send word back, but never did. Greg later confirmed that these Matoran had died.

Most likely B. The matoran would've stayed clung to Mata Nui. It has a center of gravity to itself so the matoran would have had no trouble walking around outside.

I don't think it has a center of gravity outside the robot, at least not when on a planet, or else things from the surface of the planet would be flying toward it, and it would take foreign objects with it went it entered space.

• Upvote 2