Should the elements be mono-gendered...?

I think the *headdesk* is more for the fact that these always go in the same direction, circling the same logical drain they always do until the attention span of this forum drifts away.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I think the *headdesk* is more for the fact that these always go in the same direction, circling the same logical drain they always do until the attention span of this forum drifts away.

I am in agreement with this. These topics always seem to go in a cycle of debates/discussions that's happened before that ends up accumulating to nothing.

Edited by Crunchyn
  • Upvote 2

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Cow-man is right.

Anyways, I think everything should just be half-and-half ratios.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The proposal I'm in favour of is changing the gender-lock to gender-dominance. The elements exist as is, with the majority of every element except water, lightning and psionics being masculine, but there are about 30% (max) of the matoran made since the MU came online that exhibit more traits of the opposite gender. If you want a reasoning, call it programming glitches. A 'Good Bad Bug', to trope it out. It could even be caused as a side effect of Velika raising the drones to full sentience.

Wham, bam, done. Gender balance more equal while allowing canon to remain unmolested.

• Upvote 4

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

The proposal I'm in favour of is changing the gender-lock to gender-dominance. The elements exist as is, with the majority of every element except water, lightning and psionics being masculine, but there are about 30% (max) of the matoran made since the MU came online that exhibit more traits of the opposite gender. If you want a reasoning, call it programming glitches. A 'Good Bad Bug', to trope it out. It could even be caused as a side effect of Velika raising the drones to full sentience.

Wham, bam, done. Gender balance more equal while allowing canon to remain unmolested.

This, basically.

Defining a gender in terms of "traits" is a tad inaccurate, since really the only thing that truly defines a person's gender is what they choose to identify as, but I like the idea of it being only a majority. I think Greg eventually canonised something like this after the Orde debacle, saying that there potentially are Matoran that identify as something other than what they were programmed to be, though the numbers would be far smaller than 30%. 

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

well, that's a crude mutilation of what i said to make it seem negative and crass, but whatever. :0

Says the one who called me out on facts about male and female psychology  :P

wait, what? how are these situations related?

"well, that's a crude mutilation of what i said to make it seem negative and crass"

Kinda what happened in the other thread.

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

well, that's a crude mutilation of what i said to make it seem negative and crass, but whatever. :0

"well, that's a crude mutilation of what i said to make it seem negative and crass"

somehow i don't recall the event in which i made a crude reconstruction of a phrase you said worded to sound like a jerk, if i did though, i do apologise, since that is a really really low thing to do. :0

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

somehow i don't recall the event in which i made a crude reconstruction of a phrase you said worded to sound like a jerk, if i did though, i do apologise, since that is a really really low thing to do. :0

I'm talking about the thread in which I said the reason that the Great Beings might program male and female AI because of the psychological differences they observed in organic lifeforms. Some of you guys took it the wrong way and that's what I was referring to  :P

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Uh, do you visit these threads with the sole intention of annoying yourself, then? :P You've already indicated that you don't like them... or are you referring to the type of discussion, as opposed to the subject itself?

• Upvote 2

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

A good rule of thumb: if the only reason you're posting in the thread is to passive-aggressively complain that the thread exists, don't post in it.

Let's get back on topic.

• Upvote 4

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I have a good solution. Make it so that the gender ratios mirror the exact gender ratios of real life. Problem solved.

How would that work out? Humanity doesn't divide neatly into six (12?) tribes, nor is the gender ratios simple enough to be applied to biomechanical, non-reproducing beings.
  • Upvote 2