Tahu Mata Remake

Aetha

Hey guys, Aetha here again with another MoC. This time I decided to take on the task of building a Tahu Mata with more details, as I`ve seen a few other users have done. This is my first time constructing bodies purely out of Technic pieces, so tell me what you think! 

IMGUR ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/WC0x6#0

(And yes, I do know that a lot of the black and gray Technic pieces I used come in red as well, but unfortunately I simply did not have the parts.) 

Ok... I think I will have to agree with the first 2 posters as the trans red shell pieces you used was the first thing my eyes caught and not really in a good way. Though removing them may make Tahu look like he needs a Nui-Burger bad. Maybe if they were placed a bit lower or higher to even out the shape? It looks as though you were trying to mix Tahu Okoto in there with the added gold pieces yet there was no actual gold on Tahu Mata. Other than his mask that is. Tahu Mata's colors were Red and Orange.

The build otherwise looks really good and I am loving the holster on his back. Very nice addition there in case he needs both of his hands free. I don't think the Mata sets had actual places to store their weapons but I think I remember Lewa and even Tahu in the animations storing them on their backs. So this is a nice homage to that aspect. Love the use of the Original Hau instead of the Gen2 version.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I think he looks a lot better without the trans-orange shells on his waist, and he doesn't look super thin like you would think. The reason I put them there, however, is because without them you can see a hole through the middle of the torso which I needed to fill in somehow.

Later today I'll post 2 more versions, one with the shells in a different orientation which I feel looks better, and one without the shells at all. Also, I went for the gold armor pieces because he looked rather bland without them, I'll post pictures of that, too.

It looks pretty ok for the most part. The main things that need to be fixed are the torso gappiness and the trans-orange shells. Maybe find a way to put the shells on the chest area to fill it out and make it more proportionate? 

Edited by Toa Vanson
  • Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

• 2 weeks later...
So when did Tahu ate all the thornax stew, then got shot three times at both of his chest and his hot dog?

Anyways this isn't a good MOC at all, because of the obvious reason, the gaps, armor sticking out of the side of his body and the body in general, it would had been best to redo the body and make sure there isn't any gaps that look like he gotten killed by the Mexican Mafia.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube