Your Profile Picture

IcarusBen

Roman Augustus [Emperor] "Megas" Konstantine again. Going to look for a hat when i have time. The guy is cool and all (actually pretty epic), but he's too serious. He needs to chill out, and put something other than a civic crown on his head.

At least he's better than Commodus Aurelius, Nero Claudius Caesar, Tiberius Caesar, Germanicus "Caligula" Caesar, and the entire Angelos family (may all those emperors rot in Heck, God willing).

EDIT: Now it's Roman Basilios [Emperor] Alexios I Komnenos: a good man, albeit brutal by our standards, but by his time's standards he was more than generous.

If it would fit, I would have used this picture of Alexios I: http://img01.deviantart.net/1209/i/2015/074/b/1/alexios_komnenos_by_alexiosi-d8lur5c.jpg

Also, I couldn't find a suitable hat. So enjoy Alexios in his golden mosaic glory. [/semi_mockingly]

This avatar is also a fitting parallel to Irrie's Alp Arslan avatar. :P

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Well, with the arrival of the 2016 images, and some decent frontal shots of some of the new masks, I figured it was time to begin the next wave of official Kanohi Force avatars! Surprisingly, this is the first time in a long time that my avatar does not feature some semblance of the 2001 Kakama; now, it sports the 2015/2016 Masks of Stone.

(By the way, should anyone reading this have an interest in one of our avatars--and perhaps joining the Force--just PM me and I'll get you set up. :) )

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

The same profile pic I had last December :D

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

82ZmmMf.png

Mine is currently my old avatar but now in a winter theme. I decided against just doing the traditional Christmas hat since it was just too easy (Because of the angle of the head it makes it possible for almost any santa hat to work well.

Pretty much my process for my current avatar was evaluating my previous one and building upon it. So I noticed that the light particles in my previous Avatar looked a little like snow, so I doubled the layer, made it look like snow and then added more falling snow on top of the image. I changed the background to more of a night-blue look, with some barely noticeable clouds at the top. I added a moon instead of the sun that was there before. I added moon rays where the sun's rays were previously. I changed the shading on the picture to better reflect the current atmosphere I had set up. I added a light ray across Soran's eyes and I added a visible breath like what often happens when people are outside. All in all I think it turned out pretty neato and I'm glad I decided to make it. It's only temporary though, I'm switching back probably on the first day of the new year.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Umm... its a picture. Of me. (Dodges tomatoes from those who use avatars as an artsy form of expression...) 

P.S. If you look at the picture though, you might get a subtle hint at my other interests... 

asdf movie reference?

Or is it a legitimate hobby of yours?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Umm... its a picture. Of me. (Dodges tomatoes from those who use avatars as an artsy form of expression...) 

P.S. If you look at the picture though, you might get a subtle hint at my other interests... 

asdf movie reference?

Or is it a legitimate hobby of yours?

I know the difference between an SD-40N and a GP-7. I can tell you the current status of SP 4449, UP 844, and all the steam engines on the Heber Valley Railroad. Then there is this: "http://xboxtravis.rrpicturearchives.net/" .Also note my signature that I pulled from Eurobricks... Legitimate enough?  :D

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Roman Emperor Alexios Komnenos from Civilization V. I don't have the game myself, but I found it to be welcome art of an oft overlooked historical figure, not to mention the main character of his own epic novel/chronicle written by his own daughter.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

The cover art for the science-fiction novel Legion, by Dan Abnett (Book 7 in the Horus Heresy series), detailing the meeting of the primarch Alpharius (or possibly one of his impersonators) with the Lord Commander Teng Namatjira and his warriors of 670th Imperial expedition fleet upon the desert planet Nurth.

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

The cover art for the science-fiction novel Legion, by Dan Abnett (Book 7 in the Horus Heresy series), detailing the meeting of the primarch Alpharius (or possibly one of his impersonators) with the Lord Commander Teng Namatjira and his warriors of 670th Imperial expedition fleet upon the desert planet Nurth.

I know the general lore surrounding the WH40k Universe, but as I have never read the books only things I could understand out of all of that was: "The cover art for the science-fiction novel Legion, by Dan Abnett (Book 7 in the Horus Heresy series)", "Imperial expedition", and "Nurth" sounds familiar.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 2 weeks later...