Overcome by darkness

Taka Nuvia

Image ahead! Slightly darker this time, mostly because I'm going through some dark times myself at the moment, which reflects in my art, just as always. Anyhow, onto the pic itself!

overcome_3.jpg

(to view full drawing click thumbnail or this link)

Subject of this drawing is the very namesake of the current display name, aka a character that I came up with back in ~2007 upon joining BZPower. (why am I writing this though, most of you may know her already, anyway =D)

Media: ink pen (0.3 mm) and black coloured pencil.

Comments and criticism are very, very appreciated! :)

• Upvote 6

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Nicely done!

First off: what I like about this.

It's a very good sketch. You managed to put another twist into your ever-changing character. :P

Critique: it could use some better shading.

Otherwise, nicely done! :D

Thanks! Yes I know, I change her a lot. It was even worse back in 2008/early 2009 when I would come up with a new version every other month... :lol: It's a bit of an outlet for my own search for identity, I guess. ^^ (but wow, we've come a long way since the very first drawing she appeared in xD )

Aw. Would you mind specifying where exactly the shading should be improved? The light areas, or the wings...? It would be really helpful. :)

Oh wow, that's fantastic.

Thaank you! :D

Hooray for art!

Hooray indeed! Art is super important. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I love this! I love twisted-ish things (although people who draw them usually aren't going through a great time).
The shot is very 'cinematohraphic' if that makes any sense, it seems to have some perspective distortion. I like the black eyes a lot, she looks both in need of help and dangerous (the almost-symmetry makes her look more evil).
Nothing more to say, I love dark stuff and this is some very evocative dark stuff (and nicely made ^^).

hidron_nuva_idea.png