Let's Talk Bionicle: Best Moments of Bionicle (G1)

Hey there,

Througout Bionicle's first run, there were some moments in the story that were enjoyable and memorable. We could say all of it was enjoyable and memorable, and it was, but I'm talking about specific moments that really appealed to us.

There are many examples such as Matoro's death, the arrival of the Toa Mata, the final battle of Metru Nui (2005) and Mata Nui Rising. So I ask you. Which moment of Bionicle made you want to get your figures and renact those scenes over and over again (What was your favourite).

Share away!

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

The Death of Matoro...

I think the best moment of G1 had to be the battle between Mata Nui and Teridax at the end, even though people in the community at the time had mixed feelings about the ending of Bionicle as a whole.

Yeah, the whole 'bionicle ending' thing really got me out of lego entirely until recently when I found this forum... :3

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Some of the best moments from Gen 1 Bionicle IMO, in no particular order, are:

1. Makuta's takeover of the MU.

2. Matoro's sacrificing his life for the universe.

3. The final battle between Teridax and Mata Nui.

4. Vakama's showdown with Teridax in Time Trap.

5. Zaktan's threat to kill Irnakk. 

There are more, of course, but I can't think of them right now. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Everyone always talks about Matoro's sacrifice, but honestly that's not my favorite moment for the character. One of my all time favorite scenes from the book is when Pridak summons his army of Takea sharks and Matoro summons his own army of undead sea creatures.

"Across the span of black water. two armies stared into each other's cold eyes - one living, one an imitation of life. Pridak's gaze was fixed on Toa Matoro, searching for some sign of weakness. He saw none.

"We appear to be evenly matched," said the Barraki finally.

"Not so," Matoro replied, flashing a cold smile as he gestured to his reanimated army. "My side has nothing left to lose.""

Still gives me chills.

• Upvote 3

I almost forgot about the moment that brought me back to Bionicle for good.

Back in August 2012, I played through MNOG for the first time. After the Le-Wahi Nui-Rama hive battle, the Le-Matoran have a dance party. Sure, the dance party looks fun, but the part that hit home with me took place on another platform in Le-Koro. Tamaru, sitting on the edge of one of the platforms, pretends that he is flying even though he is afraid of heights. That day, Tamaru became my favorite Matoran, and that moment made me think about characters in Bionicle in a whole new light.

The parts from the movies did not make me get the figures because of that.  I got the figures because they looked cool and my brother had some so I was basically following him in his footsteps.  Now I am trying to collect all of 2006 (I'm half way).

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

•Jaller's Death

•The Fight between Lewa and Onua

•Hewkii and Macku nearly kissing

•Onua nearly killing himself and Pohatu in MoL

•Every scene where Kopaka ditches the team

•Taipu dancing with the Bohrok shell stuck on his head.

•Takua nearly killing Vakama

Not adding Matoro's Death because I actually hated that scene. Wish he could've lived. :(

• Upvote 2

•Jaller's Death

Not adding Matoro's Death because I actually hated that scene. Wish he could've lived. :(

If you'd like to see what would happen if Matoro DID LIVE and didn't sacrifice his life, I'd suggest reading The Kingdom. ;)

|

•Jaller's Death

If you'd like to see what would happen if Matoro DID LIVE and didn't sacrifice his life, I'd suggest reading The Kingdom. ;)

I know I know. But I think it would've been a more powerful scene if a toa nuva did it. Don't hate me for saying that. I just think it would've made the scene more powerful.

• Upvote 1

I loved Hafu carving the statue of himself out of rock.

"It's one of my greatest creations!" -Hafu

I thought you were going to say "Another Hafu original!" -Hafu.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I like a lot of things people have been saying.

But for me, it's the plot of Challenge of the Hordika (don't know if this counts as just a moment, but whatever). The way the book is written makes it so perfect. The continuity between the various perspectives was very professional and the final showdown between the Hordika and the Visorak was so amazing. And the Zivon only made things more epic.

Plus we got to meet Kualus, one of my favorite Bionicle personalities.

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Best moments?

In "Bionicle #3 City of Legends": Vakama is being cornered by a vahki and Vakama is saying, "We're not your enemy!  We didn't kidnap Toa Lhikan, we're trying to save him!"  Then the vahki is smashed by a metal beam and Matau says, "There much easier to reason with him in smaller pieces."

In "Bionicle #4 Trial By Fire": When Roodaka is holding a visorak by the "neck" and saying,"We lost a Kahgarak.  The Toa Hordika and Rahaga have eluded capture again... and Sidorak says I shouldn't worry???"  Then the visorak said, "Well, take heart-do you know the old saying about bad news, 'Don't kill the messenger'?"  And finally Roodaka says, "Too bad--I always kill the messenger."  And they are zoomed in on her in the panel showing a "krakkk" sound effect showing that she killed the messenger/visorak.  And that is why Roodaka is my favorite villain!  :D

• Upvote 1

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

Thinking about it more, I actually think one of the most powerful moments was in Journey's End when Mata Nui came back from the Great Volcano and requested to use the Prototype Robot that was their home. There was just this fantastic tension in those scenes. Raanu's disbelief, disdain, and immediate refusal followed by his inner monologues that oozed character development. The stale silence around the campfire and seeing a new side of Gresh, who wasn't sure if he could trust Mata Nui anymore after hearing he used to hold the power to destroy worlds. Mata Nui's frustration and cold "I could use your help, otherwise get out of my way" mentality let us know he meant business. Finally Mata Nui's urgency after learning the truth about everything. His doubt that, even if he took the robot body and stole the Agori's home, it still wouldn't be enough to complete his destiny. And his genuine fear of Makuta's arrival; it all just felt so heavy.

To me It was emotion and character devlopment, in Bionicle at least, at its finest.

• Upvote 1

Thinking about it more, I actually think one of the most powerful moments was in Journey's End when Mata Nui came back from the Great Volcano and requested to use the Prototype Robot that was their home. There was just this fantastic tension in those scenes. Raanu's disbelief, disdain, and immediate refusal followed by his inner monologues that oozed character development. The stale silence around the campfire and seeing a new side of Gresh, who wasn't sure if he could trust Mata Nui anymore after hearing he used to hold the power to destroy worlds. Mata Nui's frustration and cold "I could use your help, otherwise get out of my way" mentality let us know he meant business. Finally Mata Nui's urgency after learning the truth about everything. His doubt that, even if he took the robot body and stole the Agori's home, it still wouldn't be enough to complete his destiny. And his genuine fear of Makuta's arrival; it all just felt so heavy.

To me It was emotion and character devlopment, in Bionicle at least, at its finest.

I love that book so much, a well done ending for having to quickly wrap up a nigh-decade long tale. I even made this banner in honor of it when it came out:

journeys_end_join_me.png

Some of my favorite moments would have to be (in no particular order):

• The end to Sahmad's Tale. Epic reality warping conflict is epic.
  • Tahu being defeated by Zaktan.
  • The Battle of Bara Magna
  • Siege of Metru-Nui (Destiny War)
  • Conflict in the Bohrok Nest (Toa Mata v The Bahrag)
  • Battle of Mangaia (MNOG)
  • Vezon coming out of the lava pit and Fenerrak turned into Kardas
  • The Kanohi Ignika landing in the Codrex and then Mata Nui Rising

Admittedly, the waking and unleashing of Marendar was pretty cool, a shame that that couldn't have been resolved.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Yeah I actually liked Journey's End a bit. To me it was by far better than 2009.

BTW sorry for going a bit off topic here but I saw your Youtube vid about the Neck Articulation for the Toa Mata/Nuva and I'd like to say thank you for tha vid cause now I know how to make my Tahu and Onua turn left and right.

• Upvote 1

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Oh man, I was thinking of making a video for this back in November to hype up the reboot but never got around to it. My list was:

-Matoro's Death

-Vakama's Reveal: You are not the first Toa!

-TSO and Voporak vs Vakama and Keetongu vs Makuta in Time Trap

-The first battle with Makuta (MNOG)

-Takanuva comes into being

-Makuta Teridax vs Mata Nui 

-The Big Reveal/Twist in 2008

-The original Matoran become the Toa Inika

-The birth of the Toa Nuva

-Lhikan's story arc

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

One of the most memorable moments was Takua activating the Bohrok. We had been hinted of a secret and ominous force other than Makuta throughot MNOG, and then in the end, an ancient evil was awoken by our main protagonist. This was also the reveal of Takua.

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I think my favorite Bionicle thing ever was Regin of Shadows. The spirt of darkness was spreading fast, and everyone was trying to stop it. I genuinely thought Teridax was going to win. People were clamoring with hope for the first good guy they met...

invader-zim-gif-4427-20656-hd-wallpapers

cringe

Well one scene that comes to mind is a huge reveal when Bionicle 2 opens up and we see ANOTHER TOA, and then Lhikan battles with Nidhiki. Instant depth to the universe added

• Upvote 2

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The psychological showdown between Vakama and Teridax in Time Trap still gives me chills.

Yep

I've never read any of the BIONICLE Adventure books, but it is from my understanding that Time Trap is Bionicle's turning point with the head story developer going from Bob Thompson to Greg Farshety.  It is because of that that it is the main B.Adv. book i would like to get, but I wouldn't mind getting all of the others. (I have all of the Legends books and the last couple of the Mata-Nui island arch; I once had all of the B. Chronicle books but over the years most seemed to have vanished).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I just remember seeing the teaser images for Metru Nui and freaking out on BZPower about how the new Toa had a crossbow equipped and how it was the coolest thing ever. I still think it was pretty darn cool. Fond memories, there.

Not exactly a story moment, but it sure made me want to grab the sets. : P

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

I just remember seeing the teaser images for Metru Nui and freaking out on BZPower about how the new Toa had a crossbow equipped and how it was the coolest thing ever. I still think it was pretty darn cool. Fond memories, there.

Erm, none of the Toa Metru have crossbow. :(

Perhaps they meant the disk launcher? :P

The death of Matoro and the entire Mask of Light movie.

"Nothing gets past the captain of the guard... unless he wishes it. ;) "

Edited by Owlexander

|

The psychological showdown between Vakama and Teridax in Time Trap still gives me chills.

There's nothing about Time Trap I don't love, but this really does take the cake for me for that book. The moment you realize what Vakama is willing to do makes his previous actions look like that of a sniveling mess.

Honestly, that moment and Makuta's line "you cannot destroy me, for I am nothing" are what made G1 great. Too bad we didn't have a lot of those kinds of moments.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Vakama's disk launcher is 100% a crossbow variant.

• Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert