'Strange' Finds

Xabla

I also have a question: Has anybody else noticed that Whenua sold out faster than the other Turaga? I had all the other Turaga by early 2002, but I didn't get him until around 2005 on eBay. I think he was completely sold out by 2002, and no stores had him, not even LEGO Shop@Home. Was he popular or something?

Whenua was extremely common along with most of the turaga sets here in Europe. But turaga Matau gave me the most trouble, i spent 2 very long months hunting him down.

qs3135.jpg

Right now on eBay there's an in-restaurant display for the 2006 McDonalds toys for BIONICLE and The Little Mermaid. It's missing the plastic shell, but that's probably because the same cases were used for every promotion.

I also have a question: Has anybody else noticed that Whenua sold out faster than the other Turaga? I had all the other Turaga by early 2002, but I didn't get him until around 2005 on eBay. I think he was completely sold out by 2002, and no stores had him, not even LEGO Shop@Home. Was he popular or something?

Whenua was extremely common along with most of the turaga sets here in Europe. But turaga Matau gave me the most trouble, i spent 2 very long months hunting him down.

That's interesting, because I had to order him from the Netherlands. Did he sell out fast in North America? Or were there just limited numbers? Strange. You don't think a black and gray set would pop out at people and make them want to buy it more than a red/orange, green, blue, or even brown/tan one.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Right now on eBay there's an in-restaurant display for the 2006 McDonalds toys for BIONICLE and The Little Mermaid. It's missing the plastic shell, but that's probably because the same cases were used for every promotion.

That's interesting, because I had to order him from the Netherlands. Did he sell out fast in North America? Or were there just limited numbers? Strange. You don't think a black and gray set would pop out at people and make them want to buy it more than a red/orange, green, blue, or even brown/tan one.

I'm European, Iceland to be exact but turaga Matau was understocked compared to most sets in stores near me. So i'm not familiar with the north american sales.

Still on the subject of strange finds, i did once find a tan noble huna and a tan krana su(strength) in my familys old apartment although they werent mine part of my collection to begin with and i don't know how those masks got there. But that huna mask was a great addition to my collection.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

• 1 month later...

I went into Half Price Books to look around, when something in the glass case near the Video Games caught my eye. I saw a familiar looking logo and box art, and lo and behold, a Boxed Roodaka from 2005! I stared at it for a while, completely stunned, considering I had been after this set for a while, but usually people want the set for the same price incomplete. Sadly, I couldn't buy the set. I hope to go back soon and see if they still have that awesome Titan I've wanted since my childhood

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

I once found multiple packs of routchuka (how the heck is that supposed to spelled, are you kidding me?!) spinners at a creepy strip mall corner shop. I am honestly surprised that I survived. I also got a Keetohngu at a garage sale, boxed, for $2. She told me, much to my displeasure, that she had sold the original Toa and Bohrok the previous day. Even though I have them now, I can't help but feel disappointed.

• Upvote 1

I found a Nidhiki at a Walgreens in 2006, unopened. Not too weird, but nice all the same. Other than that, I think the only odd thing I've seen was all the Toa Iruni my local TRU had for a good 3-4 years, along with Visorak's Gate. I regret not buying the latter, although Iruni was pretty common. I think I have two of him? Not quite sure anymore.

There was another time when I saw a guy selling things at Comic-con. Polybags, a sealed technic Jango Fett, and a sealed Axalara T9. I remember the price was far too much, but I have one so I didn't inquire further. There's also an arcade in a nearby mall that sells sealed Star Wars sets, mostly 1999 ones. Pretty high mark ups, though, if I remember.

I remember finding parts to Onepu in a park once in 2001. I was young enough where I thought that like, that was a common thing and that if I went back to the park there'd be more. Needless to say I proved that wrong pretty quickly. Nothing like being a kid, eh?

• Upvote 4

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

The strangest thing I've come across was this discount store in town having a shelf full of Thoks and Vesoks in 2011. Other than that, there was that silver Bohrok tooth I found on the floor in the wood the one time, but that was probably mine anyway.

I remember finding parts to Onepu in a park once in 2001. I was young enough where I thought that like, that was a common thing and that if I went back to the park there'd be more. Needless to say I proved that wrong pretty quickly. Nothing like being a kid, eh?

That's adorable.

Edited by Logan McOwen
  • Upvote 2

I found a boxed Nuhrii at a 7/11 once. I would've gotten it, but I thought it was 'stealing' at the time.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I distinctly recall finding many Toa Onua (the original, Mata version) in a Boscovs many years after the fact. I'm not sure of the exact year, but I think it was 2005.. Didn't buy one because I had already owned him for years, but still was really neat to see at the time.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta say this HAS to be the weirdest find, anyway back in '04 I was walking outside checking the mail, when a car passes by. But while its passing by a Vahki Vorzakh flies out the window and into the street.... I still have that Vahki. Pretty weird huh.

• Upvote 3

I was walking in my neighborhood and found the actual pieces in the Hero Pack on the sidewalk; free trans orange Mask of Fire and blue skull spider :P

Do you live in Bizarro World?

Everyone else: Awesome! New mask and extra Skull Spider! posters are meh..

Person in your neighborhood: Awesome! New posters! Skull Spider and mask are meh... *tosses on street*

• Upvote 1

I was walking in my neighborhood and found the actual pieces in the Hero Pack on the sidewalk; free trans orange Mask of Fire and blue skull spider :P

Do you live in Bizarro World?

Everyone else: Awesome! New mask and extra Skull Spider! posters are meh..

Person in your neighborhood: Awesome! New posters! Skull Spider and mask are meh... *tosses on street*

I don't even know man! The pieces were wrapped in the internal packaging haha. I opened them a couple days later and now they sit on my shelves quite nicely. I was just out walking my dog and I saw something trans orange on the street and I was like "woah!!!" I looked around and made sure nobody was around, and then casually put the bag in my pocket and kept walking lol

• Upvote 4

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica