How to shutdown account?

Mocmaker

How do I shutdown my account?  I searched it and couldn't find out how to do it.

Thanks!

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

The answer is incredibly short and simple.

You can't.

Why can't you leave and shut down your account?  Were basically prisoners here if we want to go out.

Indeed, you can't. And that's a good thing. If you don't want to use the site, then don't. But deactivating your account so you don't have the option anymore would be just stupid.

How come that's a good thing?  He doesn't want to return here because ALMOST everyone has bee being rude by seeing that in topics.  Honestly, if anyone wants to leave, then let them "decommission" their account.  At least Lego lets you shut down your account on their site.

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

Indeed, you can't. And that's a good thing. If you don't want to use the site, then don't. But deactivating your account so you don't have the option anymore would be just stupid.

I don't see why it would be stupid, which leads me to my next answer/reason. ↓

Why would you want to leave?

I want to leave because it seems now I can't go to one topic without being caught in a flame war or corrected for my "misconception" of information when I respectfully state my opinion and clarify that it is an opinion.  And I have been talked down to as well, I was going to report but when I realized how much this stuff had been happening and everything I decided that this forum is not for me.  Of course I can block those people but that would mean blocking so much of the forum that I would only be chatting with seven or eight people.

Oh and I have to remember to scramble my password to something I don't know in order to lock myself out of my account so I can't revisit my account in the future as a 24 year old.    

Edited by Mocmaker

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

If you REALLY want to leave this site and make your leave permanent, send B6 a PM and ask him to permanently ban you. This doesn't "shutdown" your account per se, but it basically deactivates your account from use.

-Rez

• Upvote 1

You can't.

Why can't you leave and shut down your account?  Were basically prisoners here if we want to go out.

How to leave BZPower:

1. log out
  2. close the window/tab
  3. never return

I don't see how shutting down your account is a necessary part of that, nor how it makes you a prisoner when it is both possible and simple to leave.

• Upvote 5

You can't.

How to leave BZPower:

1. log out
  2. close the window/tab
  3. never return

I don't see how shutting down your account is a necessary part of that, nor how it makes you a prisoner when it is both possible and simple to leave.

I was talking about SHUTTING DOWN  the account.  Its "necessary" to shut down the account because you don't want to return.

If you REALLY want to leave this site and make your leave permanent, send B6 a PM and ask him to permanently ban you. This doesn't "shutdown" your account per se, but it basically deactivates your account from use.

-Rez

That seems good enough for shutting down the account.  

Edited by Gipsy Danger

You can't.

How to leave BZPower:

1. log out
  2. close the window/tab
  3. never return

I was talking about SHUTTING DOWN  the account.  Its "necessary" to shut down the account because you don't want to return. 

...I guess I see how it works as far as ensuring you can't come back, but if you don't want to return, all you have to do is not return. Nobody is a prisoner by not being able to shut down their account. (save for asking an admin to ban them.)

• Upvote 2

You can't.

How to leave BZPower:

1. log out
  2. close the window/tab
  3. never return

...I guess I see how it works as far as ensuring you can't come back, but if you don't want to return, all you have to do is not return. Nobody is a prisoner by not being able to shut down their account. (save for asking an admin to ban them.)

Yeah, and ALL of us MIGHT come back.  To me, were considered to be prisoner since we can't shut down our account.

So lets stop this "flame war" in a sense.  And I DON'T mean to be rude or anything.

Edited by Gipsy Danger

-Rez

This is the correct information. Black Six (or Tufi) can deactivate your account on request. Simply PM them.

• Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

While I agree with Dina that generally, we suggest leaving your account open in case you want to return, per Reznas and Makaru, you can PM one of the admins and ask them to deactivate your account; it's up to their discretion after that.

Question's been answered and the topic's getting a bit too back-and-forth for Q&A, so I'm closing this down.

• Upvote 4

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42