Official Ebay Auctions Topic

Watashi Wa

Anyone know where I can find a prototype/misprint Kraahkan? Preferably for cheap.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Anyone know where I can find a prototype/misprint Kraahkan? Preferably for cheap.

What kind? 

Oh and uh... "Cheap"? Good luck.

Read it again. And thanks!

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The only two known non-production Kraahkan are the gunmetal prototypes and five-hole mismoulds. Both are almost impossible to find, and if you do find them, they won't go for cheap. Actually the gunmetal Kraahkan are not allowed to be sold at all, since they were gifts from LEGO to BZP, but can be traded.

-Letagi

The only two known non-production Kraahkan are the gunmetal prototypes and five-hole mismoulds. Both are almost impossible to find, and if you do find them, they won't go for cheap. Actually the gunmetal Kraahkan are not allowed to be sold at all, since they were gifts from LEGO to BZP, but can be traded.

-Letagi

Dang...And I wanted a complete collection of Kraahkan too.

BZP gets all the good stuff.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

WMKK Popped up for $275.

I know nothing about these. Except they are really shiny. 

It looks a bit off. Is it?

And is that a decent price?

Just curious.

It looks pretty...Rusted? Can't tell.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

-Letagi

I find that "rule" to be pretty strange if you ask me. I mean, it's kinda stupid. As soon as bzp gives the person that piece, they should be able to do whatever they want with it. If it were me, and I needed cash, or wanted something else, I would trade it. People shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to sell them, in my opinion, it makes bzp sound like a cult or dictatorship, or something. Also, are you saying something like that if one was for sale on bzp, it would be taken down? Because that is also giving me a very negative feeling towards that rule.

This is all my opinion though.

Also about the WMKK, it's a little overpriced, but it doesn'tl look rusty, or tarnished. I'm not sure if they can tarnish. I'd just look at the pictures and see what you think, the average cost of a WMKK is about $200-$250.

MC

Edited by Mask collector

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I find that "rule" to be pretty strange if you ask me. I mean, it's kinda stupid. As soon as bzp gives the person that piece, they should be able to do whatever they want with it. If it were me, and I needed cash, or wanted something else, I would trade it. People shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to sell them, in my opinion, it makes bzp sound like a cult or dictatorship, or something. Also, are you saying something like that if one was for sale on bzp, it would be taken down? Because that is also giving me a very negative feeling towards that rule.

I understand why that rule exists. These prototypes are gifts from Lego that aren't obtainable in any other way (or shouldn't be at least) and I don't think it would make a very good impression if people started selling these for high prices around here.

Hail Denmark

This is all my opinion though.

Also about the WMKK, it's a little overpriced, but it doesn'tl look rusty, or tarnished. I'm not sure if they can tarnish. I'd just look at the pictures and see what you think, the average cost of a WMKK is about $200-$250.

MC

I agree, the rule is pretty ridiculous in my opinion but I'm not going to launch into any huge debate over it as no doubt it will turn into a big deal... As far as I'm concerned though, if someone gives something to me then it's mine. They relinquish all rights of ownership in the act of giving, because that's what giving is. If I want to sell it, trade it, eat it of set it on fire then that's noone elses business, including the person who gave it to me.

• Upvote 2

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

That's kind of the point isn't it. I have some pretty cool foreign tender in notes and coins that would make a GREAT trade for anyone living outside the UK who has an interest in foreign currency. I could send that in trade for one of these masks provided you promise not to sell it! You could however trade it in at the bank for something of equal value...

Obviously BZP has no actual control over whether they're sold. Of course they're yours to do with as you wish. They've been sold before on occasion. It's not like anybody will take you to court, even if they could.

It's just a matter of respect. LEGO didn't have to give these pieces away. They could have kept them locked up in whatever vault they had been in for years, or melted them down and recycled the plastic like they do with most prototypes and defective pieces. Instead, someone in charge went out of their way to give them to Binkmeister, who brought them to BrickFest and gave them to Black Six, who then shipped some out to members via giveaways and hauled the rest across the country a dozen or so times. A series of people went out of their ways to bring these pieces to people like us who appreciate and enjoy them. Profiting off that wouldn't be right. It's as simple as that.

-Letagi

• Upvote 3

A series of people went out of their ways to bring these pieces to people like us who appreciate and enjoy them. Profiting off that wouldn't be right. It's as simple as that.

-Letagi

I think it's all a matter of perspective and opinion Letagi. While I understand entirely where you're coming from (and were I to have received a piece like this I would keep it forever in my own collection!) I think Lego was well aware that these items would have a monetary value attached to them if they were released to the community. I mean think about it, if the fans DIDN'T value the products they made they would be out of business. So I hardly think they expected Binky to just stick them in a cupboard full of old mobile phones and christmas cards. 

Besides, the point is it's very easy to trade these items in a way that still results in the buyer essentially giving money to the seller, so what's the difference? Nothing  ^_^

• Upvote 2

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

You're right.  just give it a cigar and it'll be Groucho Marx.   ("Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana. ")

Edited by Flintsmith

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I was up at 3am watching that VMKK Ca last night and bumped it to $200 right at the end but it went even higher than the one that recently sold here! It seems the market is getting ever more serious for these rare collectibles...