Weekend Whip Music Video

Keen-eyed Gatanui has spotted a new section on the Ninjago website - a <a href="http://ninjago.lego.com/en-us/World/Videos/movies-musicvideo-360633.aspx" target="offsite">music video for The Weekend Whip</a>, a song by The Fold promoting Ninjago. That reminded me that LEGO had actually provided the song file to Ambassadors a little while ago, so if you enjoy it you can grab it <a href=" " target="offsite">right here</a>. It's a catchy little tune, and a funny video, so check it out!

View the full article

I actually like the song, but her's my review on the video.Pros:.The kid was about the right age to be a fan of the series, you know, some where around the age of 8-10..Song's not half bad..Kai costume is pretty cool and if i owned one, i would keep it and possibly wear it at BrickFest..For what it was, it wasn't too kiddy, it just is just a boy having a good time..The band didn't look like they were TRYING to be kid friendly. What i mean by that is that some time when a band sings in a music video for something like this they seemed kinda corny, but these guys didn't. In fact, if i met these guys i wouldn't have a problem hanging out with them (probably because i play a instrument).Cons:.Well, the kid is not really the age you would expect him to dress up as a character and play in his yard pretending to be the character..He didn't have any friends in the video, i kinda felt like this was the nerdy kid from school that really is the ONLY one interested in Lego Bricks and pokemon and not shooting video games and foot ball and thus having no real friends at school (the story of my 3rd grade year)..I didn't really get the part where he he ended up singing with the band, was it like his brother singing in the garage or something..I would have been real cool if lego did do some part where he did do spinjitzu at some part but then again, might have made it too kiddy if done wrong..re-used clips from the tv show wan't the best choice ever imo.Little easter egg: There is a Stormer2.0 in the kid's room.

naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

I just listened to the song recently, and I totally like it! :D But the only problem is that, to me, it didn't fit with the whole Ninjago theme, and it sounded more like a theme song to a Nickelodeon live-action sitcom. Nevertheless that song hasn't changed a single thing about Ninjago! ~:haunu: VM0111 :haunu:

Vakama Montana's Chronicles: The Official Blog of V.M.Torious 4.0!
BZP Member V.M.Torious 4.0 (formerly Vakama Montana0111), a.k.a. Lego Club/MLN Member Vakama4688.
mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

The one thing I disliked about this video was the choreography. Specifically, the "ninja moves" the kid used tended to be slow and stealthy, which might work in other ninja-related intellectual properties but not Ninjago, where the focus is fast-paced action and wild spinning. Since the fast-paced nature of the theme is reflected by the song it sort of seemed at odds with the slow, determined actions seen in the video.Chances are the reason for this is just not having the most experienced child actor for the job. But it's not like I would expect perfection from a live-action music video advertising a toy line and cartoon series. It was still plenty enjoyable just by virtue of the awesome Kai costume and of course the song itself with all its saturday-morning-cartoon majesty.

That was alright, I guess. Really reminds me of Bionicle and how they used a song every now and then for adverts. It really makes me wonder why Lego didn't attempt this with Hero Factory, as it's clear now they don't think it's a bad marketing idea. I'm not saying we need Cryoshell, Artakha no, why spoil their good name? But just something would be preferable. As long as it isn't rap.Also, that kid is the worst ninja. I can quite clearly see him right there.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Best and worst part: when the kid walked into his room. I was immediately struck with both respect for the kid, and total jealousy in that he had all the dragons. :lol:...Seriously though, if I was that kid I would probably want all those sets as payment for being in the commercial. Hopefully he did get them... :P

I own all the dragons. And the link to the song is to the original, the new video is slightly different. An example of this is that it doesn't go "Ninja... go! go" at the begining of the new one. It's still an awsome song though. Edited by DragonofWind