Retail Items Topic

Munty

Howdy guys, this is something I've been meaning to set up for a whileand finally found a little time to get it started today whilst busy procrastinating! 

As we all know, The Lego Group is great at producing interesting Point of Sale items, display cases and other interesting little pieces that are meant to be 'disposed of' following use. Luckily for us, that doesn't always happen and so some of these items make their way to collectors like us and become great centrepieces and talking points (not to mention just being plain cool!)

There are several different categories that items in this topic will fall into and I'm probably forgetting a few so please feel free to add any relevant information as time goes on and even as new items are produced. For now I think it breaks down into three distinct categories;

Advertising and Point of Sales;

These are generally cardboard constructions, things like shelves or pictures. We've seen a few 3D pieces in the past like the Rahkshi display for example. The sort of items that fit into this category will become clearer as pictures and information is added but right now I only have time for one category and this is not the one I've chosen! 

Cloth Banners;

I'll update this post to cover these in more depth at a later date (and also to ask for contributions regarding information and images of certain items that may be missing!) Simply put, these are the cloth banners that were hung in store throughout Gen1, often with several made for each particular line.

Shop display tubes (and cases);

These are the pre-built canister sets displayed in plastic tubes in Lego stores and other retailers. I've already started looking into these, particularly the individual display tubes, so information on the various available items will follow below. The larger multi-set or titan cases will follow a little later and any information regarding those in existence would be appreciated to help in expanding the list! 

I've tagged this post as official and hope it will serve as a hub for gathering more relevant information in the future. If it's seen as useful it would be great to see it pinned at some point, for now I'll work on more content though and welcome any input regarding other items that may belong on this list.

I hope this will become a place to discuss these items for those who are looking to buy/sell or trade them in the future. Or if you have some of these items show them off here, particularly if you can provide a better quality image than currently exists (and especially if there is no entry yet for the item you own!!)

Shop display tubes

For now, I already took a little time to research the Shop Display tubes from Gen1 and a new entry for the 2015 line I was lucky enough to obtain so below I'll list these. This list is NOT guaranteed to be complete as there actually exist two Piraka tubes making more 'duplicates' a definite possibility. It's also worth noting that only 8/13 current entries below feature the 'leader' or primary red set from their respective lines.

We also seem to be lacking a villain entry from 2008 when they split the teams between Phantoka and Mistika. Tahu Mistika gives us the Red Leader set for that year but the Phantoka canister gives us green Lewa as another good-guy as opposed to the expected red baddie Makuta Antroz which is an odd choice. This makes it possible that more tubes may or may not exist so please if you've seen any or can find an image of them do post here with said information! For now, here are the ones I've been able to find in chronological order.

MOD NOTE These pics are of vastly differing sizes and would benefit from being thumbnails but I don't think I know how to do that. If you can magic them into smaller pics somehow that'd be much appreciated. I'd rather they were able to remain thumbnails than be turned into hyperlinks if at all possible. Would it help if each category had separate posts as opposed to putting all info gathered in this one?

2002 - Tahu Nuva

This is by far the most unique display tube I've come across so far. It's very different to later examples and I can't find any other similar items produced by LEgo so it could be a unique design. All 6 Nuva are displayed together in a particularly cool display piece but that belongs in the display cases section which will be given attention later on (You can see it on Bricklink here in the meantime!)

BDT03_zpsgmlvxe6j.jpg

2005 - Hordika

We then have a gap of several years unless I'm missing something. Please let me know if you've seen the Toa Metru or Vahki in tubes (but only if you can prove it!) Here is Vakama, the Red Leader.

BDT08_zpso1rdvfgx.jpg

2005 - Visorak

Using the same tube as Vakama this time we get a green set instead of red. According to BS01 though "This group was led by a Keelerak", so here is the Not Red Leader...

BDT09_zpspq1cc5rn.jpg

2006 - Piraka

This is the funny one, our odd one out! Here we get two tubes, one of which I own myself. First up is the Red Leader Hakaan.

BDT10A_zpsdmsmuhru.jpg

But also our blue friend Vezok with a special light up brain feature. The lid is different for this item but the tube is essentially the same. The red switch is simply wired up to a standard brain to replicate the original function.

BDT10B_zpsr67n9hk8.jpg

2006 - Inika

Back to Red Leader Jaller for the Inika, now using a different, roughly hexagonal, tube. This guy lights up as well, presumably his sword! I don't own this piece so am forced to make some assumptions but I guess the red button is wired into the sword in a similar way to Vezok's brain!

BDT11_zpsd9h9fncz.jpg

2007 - Barraki

The Barraki return to the older style tube and once again stick with Red Leader formula with Kalmah.

BDT12_zpshcjwe5vq.jpg

2007 - Mahri

For some reason the Mahri don't get Jaller (perhaps because of the crab?) and instead we have Nuparu in the old style tube again. This is a peculiar tube as it seems to be using the light up tube lid and some wires and possibly LEDs seem to be in the top there but without a button. It seems to be a legitimate tube as it shows his set information but the lid is a mystery to me and will remain one until I hear from someone who owns one of these!

BDT13_zpsmaqtbthy.jpg

2008 - Phantoka

This is the odd one I mentioned earlier. I imagined we would get Red Leader Antroz but instead we have Green goodguy Lewa instead. This is a return to the hexagonal tube and features a combiner sticker showing how Lewa can carry his little buddy on his back!

BDT14_zpss1sgdrgt.jpg

Here's a rather poor quality image of another tube that so far seems to be one of a kind! This is another Lewa Phantoka tube, making this the ONLY time we see the same set displayed in two separate tubes (not counting large displays) This time he has his little matoran buddy with him and the tube looks gigantic! At a guess I'd say this is probably the same sort of size as the 2015 Tahu display tube but it looks a lot shorter. I found this image via google and it linked to the 'what's your collection like?' topic here at BZP. Sadly the image is nowhere to be seen and I couldn't find any text relating to it so have no idea who owns this interesting piece...

BDT14B_zps2lbkbydm.jpg

2008 Mistika

Back to Red Leader for the Mistika who get Tahu in the classic tube variant!

BDT15_zpswtbbdfqw.jpg

2009 - Glatorian

Someone will need to explain to me why we get Gresh here as I'm not a huge fan of the Spherus Magna story but he's definitely not Red! He is pretty dapper in that hexagonal tube though!

BDT16_zpswjrypbi6.jpg

2009 - Legends

This time we definitely get the 'Leader' in terms of the most recognisable set brand-wise but he still isn't red. I guess tha's unavoidable in this case though... Wither way, here is Mata Nui in a new style of tube which is slightly smaller than previous years. I believe this same design was used in some Hero Factory pieces but I don't own any myself so can't confirm that currently.

BDT17_zps5pdlxgi2.jpg

2010 - Stars 

Thanks to Cheesy Mac n Cheese for finding this Tahu Stars display tube, featuring (as predicted) all 6 pieces of golden armour. Given that the Stars sets were a bit of a disappointment for many fans, I think this is still a very cool display piece. It looks to use the same semi-circular tube type as Mata Nui from the year before so is probably one of the smallest pieces ever circulated.

BDT18_zpsajdjeosy.jpg

2015 - Gen2

We don't seem to have a display tube for the Stars, probably because the tube would be more interesting than the sets. It would've been cool to have little Mini Tahu in his Golden armour though so still a shame. I don't think the Stars actually got a display case either which would mean this whole line was pretty poorly represented. Perhaps simply a result of Lego's pulling the brand that year?

Anyway! What we do get is a revival of the Store Display Tubes in 2015. Here is a very cool and very LARGE tube showcasing Tahu, Master of Fire! This is my pic so you can compare it's size to the Mata Nui, Barraki and Piraka images I used. They were all taken in the same place, it's really THAT MUCH bigger!

BDT19_zpss6jldmfq.jpg

That's all I have sources (and images) for so far. Let me know what you think and if this could be a handy resource. This stuff is undeniably less commonly owned and traded than items on other lists but I think it still deserves a place on the board as, regardless of whether it SHOULD be or not, it IS still available to us as collectors!

If anyone has any items that they feel belong in this topic please post them up with pictures and information if possible. I'm aware that many banners and display cases are listed on Bricklink so I'll add those later once I've looked into what other pieces are available in those categories. If you have something that is NOT listed though (like my light up Vezok iit seems!) please do post it here so everyone can appreciate the cool thing you have!

If you're looking to B/S/T anything that is discussed in or covered by this topic please feel free to discuss it here. I'm looking for a lot of this stuff myself and I'm sure I can't be the only one! 

Will update this post as and when I'm able but just this first post has taken a few hours so don't expect it to be done too soon! Again, contributions will make it quicker so please do help with information and images if you can and I'll edit them into the original post later! 

Edited by Munty
  • Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

How does one go about getting displays from the stores? 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Excellent stuff! I'm gonna need to come up with a decent "official" B/S/T thread. Just a few notes:

- You're gonna want to link those pictures. They're huge and no doubt this topic is gonna grow fast.

- I believe there is actually a stars Rahkshi display case somewhere. I'll see if I can locate a picture.

- Are items like the giant Lego Keelerak allowed? I would have said they count as retail items.

- Finally, you'll probably wanna get this topic pinned.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

How does one go about getting displays from the stores? 

I guess it's all down to the staff in said stores to be honest. There's a great bricklink seller, TT something or other, who has a whole load of retail items and is clearly connected to a store somehow in order to obtain the stock he has! Schmucks like us however need to just keep our eyes open for such gems on ebay or bricklink I guess. On the latter, they're listed under 'gear'.

Excellent stuff! I'm gonna need to come up with a decent "official" B/S/T thread. Just a few notes:

- You're gonna want to link those pictures. They're huge and no doubt this topic is gonna grow fast.

- I believe there is actually a stars Rahkshi display case somewhere. I'll see if I can locate a picture.

- Are items like the giant Lego Keelerak allowed? I would have said they count as retail items.

- Finally, you'll probably wanna get this topic pinned.

Cheers Bike, it's not really official till it gets a mods approval though I guess at which point hopefully it will have enough content/comments to justify pinning it :D

I know, the pics are big, might scale them down or something but will wait for the mods to tell me if I can get away with that or if they'll all need hyperlinking which will kinda suck :( 

Would love to see a Rahkshi stars case but a quick google doesn't show anything and I'm somewhat doubtful they wouldn't use Tahu for it what with the golden armour gimmick.

Stuff like the huge statues and such were pretty much one offs and so are pretty much unobtainable so I'm not sure they really have a place on this list. It's certainly worth thinking about though as a lot of things like advertising and shelving will also be likely unobtainable by now yet they still get a place on the list. Let's put it to the people and see what people think :D I'm going to work on the display cases and banners next anyway so let's go from there!

Nice initiative! I really love this kind of items and it's a great idea to get them all documented at one place :)

Thanks man, that's what I thought. Pleased to see I'm not the only one who thinks so :D

Looking good so far! I believe that technically official topics are supposed to be approved by a forum leader before being posted, but that might be an old rule. Tufi is the one to contact if you haven't already as she's forum leader for B/S/T.

Just two very minor notes - Hakann wasn't leader of the Piraka (Zaktan was), and it looks to me like Gresh's case is octagonal, not hexagonal.

-L

• Upvote 1

Looking good so far! I believe that technically official topics are supposed to be approved by a forum leader before being posted, but that might be an old rule. Tufi is the one to contact if you haven't already as she's forum leader for B/S/T.

Just two very minor notes - Hakann wasn't leader of the Piraka (Zaktan was), and it looks to me like Gresh's case is octagonal, not hexagonal.

-L

I thought that but Tufi seems to still be pretty busy with RL stuff right now so thought I'd just go with it and wait for a mod to come in here and yay or nay it! They can always edit out the official if they don't see it as a useful topic after all! 

Interesting that Zaktan was the leader of the Piraka yet we get two tubes neither of which contains him... I guess we got the red one which seems to be normal for the most part but it's certainly peculiar! Pretty sure Gresh is in the same hexagonal tube as the other two examples. I can only see six sides myself anyway so one of us is definitely counting wrong :P

I want to know the person who poses these things so we can have a "talk".

I know MC has the Tahu Mistika one as I think he bought it off one of us Brits if memory serves. I have four now and have my eyes on a few more but still a long way off having 13 and I have no idea who (if anyone!) might still have a Tahu Nuva one :s

-L

I thought that but Tufi seems to still be pretty busy with RL stuff right now so thought I'd just go with it and wait for a mod to come in here and yay or nay it! They can always edit out the official if they don't see it as a useful topic after all! 

Interesting that Zaktan was the leader of the Piraka yet we get two tubes neither of which contains him... I guess we got the red one which seems to be normal for the most part but it's certainly peculiar! Pretty sure Gresh is in the same hexagonal tube as the other two examples. I can only see six sides myself anyway so one of us is definitely counting wrong :P

I want to know the person who poses these things so we can have a "talk".

I know MC has the Tahu Mistika one as I think he bought it off one of us Brits if memory serves. I have four now and have my eyes on a few more but still a long way off having 13 and I have no idea who (if anyone!) might still have a Tahu Nuva one :s

It was I.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

-L

Whoops, I was looking at it as having eight sides of equal length. Now I see that the back is probably flat. :P

Also, I don't think that LEGO intentionally puts leaders into their displays, but rather the sets they figure will be most popular. Remember the purpose of these is to advertise the sets, not the story. Red sets just generally sell the best. The numbers also don't support it: only 7 of the 13 that you have listed follow the leadership forumla (Kalmah wasn't leader of the Barraki; it was Pridak).

-Letagi

Look at Nuparu as an example though. That is a really bad set, probaly the worst of the Mahri. Hewkii and Kongu were much better sets and Jaller was great too, so why use Nuparu? Surely that wasn't the most popular set was it? He certainly wasn't the leader, wasn't even red. So I can't imagine WHY they chose him to be the Mahri posterboy... 

Look at Nuparu as an example though. That is a really bad set, probaly the worst of the Mahri. Hewkii and Kongu were much better sets and Jaller was great too, so why use Nuparu? Surely that wasn't the most popular set was it? He certainly wasn't the leader, wasn't even red. So I can't imagine WHY they chose him to be the Mahri posterboy... 

I disagree with that actually - I thought Hewkii and Kongu were terrible, and that Nuparu was quite good in comparison :P. But regardless, Hahli was actually the postergirl for that wave of sets. I'm sure LEGO had their reasons, but is it possible there was more than one Toa Mahri displayed in this manner as there was for the Piraka?

-Letagi

Hey Munty, since official topics do indeed need approval from the forum's leader, I took "Official" out of the title for now. Just a heads-up!

Wait, when did you get back into power again Windy?
Uh, I don't think she ever left?

-Letagi

Hey Munty, since official topics do indeed need approval from the forum's leader, I took "Official" out of the title for now. Just a heads-up!

Wait, when did you get back into power again Windy?
Uh, I don't think she ever left?

-Letagi

She stopped for a while I'm sure of it.....

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Pay attention Bike, don't you read the news posts :P 

Welcome back Wind and thanks for the input. I figured if that was what needed to happen it would be done eventually! I still haven't found time to contact Tufi about this so will do it when I can and see what comes of it! 

I disagree with that actually - I thought Hewkii and Kongu were terrible, and that Nuparu was quite good in comparison :P. But regardless, Hahli was actually the postergirl for that wave of sets. I'm sure LEGO had their reasons, but is it possible there was more than one Toa Mahri displayed in this manner as there was for the Piraka?

-Letagi

It's all a matter of opinion I suppose so I guess, like you, Lego has different ideas about which sets look best on display :D It does occur to me that the other Mahri sets might have simply been too big to fit in these tubes though which could explain it. Kongu had TWO cordak blasters which made him very wide, while Jaller had his little crab friend of course. Hahli was a pretty cool set but maybe the wings made her too big? And Hewkii was quite squat but did have that long spear. I don't know though, I imagine if the tubes can fit Piraka they could fit Mahri too...

You're right of course, there could be more Mahri displays out there that I just haven't happened to come across yet. It's a shame there's no pre-existing official record of such things, google can only do so much after all :D

Gahh, right in the nostalgia.

Insulting my first set. :P

But Hewkii and Kongu were terrible. I'm glad Lego didn't use them.

Edited by Craig B

You disappoint me Craig, I liked those sets :P Nice find Cas! Unfortunately I don't think I can afford it or I'd be buying it off you right now... Let me know if you fancy a quick sell at a discount though :P

My real reason for posting here was that I stumbled across another display tube yesterday which confuses the list a little further! Here it is;

BDT14B_zps2lbkbydm.jpg

Clearly this is a Lewa combiner tub but it looks gigantic and obviously different to the other hexagonal Lewa Phantoka tube. I think it looks more like the 2015 Tahu tube size wise but it's shorter I think and has a black plastic top instead of clear so I don't know what the origin of this tube might be. 

Moving onto the origins of this image, it actually originated from the 'what's your collection like' topic here on BZP so the owner must be a member. Sadly the image is no longer viewable either on the site or at it's original location so I don't know if it's possible to track down the poster but if anyone remembers who this belongs to it would be great to get a higher quality picture of it. 

And of course I'd love to own it soooo... :P

Are you going to be listing other kinds of displays here? There's a ton of large multi-set cases out there. I added a couple to BrickLink a while back when I was under 18 and had to use my dad's account ( :P ).

There was one with a couple of Toa Mahri plus Hydraxon, Gadunka, and Karzahni. I thought it was interesting because it included a store-exclusive set. The picture is bad because I had to tilt the camera and hold it back all the way to the opposite store shelf to fit the whole thing.

EDIT: By the way, there is a Stronius display on eBay, but loose with no case or tube or anything. He could be from an individual tube, but he could also be from this Glatorian Legends case.

EDIT 2: Your hunch was right! There is a Golden Tahu Stars display tube.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 2

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Oh so you mentioned the tube display was sort of weird right? I agree completely, I just bought a Galidor one of the same make. Interesting, since both were from the same year. I can get better pics of it later, but here's what it looks like.

4ae5291189.JPGI got it for about $55, which considering the fact I've never seen anyone mention it as a thing before, seems like a steal.

• Upvote 2

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Oh so you mentioned the tube display was sort of weird right? I agree completely, I just bought a Galidor one of the same make. Interesting, since both were from the same year. I can get better pics of it later, but here's what it looks like.

4ae5291189.JPGI got it for about $55, which considering the fact I've never seen anyone mention it as a thing before, seems like a steal.

This makes me wonder if any of the other old constraction lines like Throwbots/Slizer and Roboriders got anything like this.

Are you going to be listing other kinds of displays here? There's a ton of large multi-set cases out there. I added a couple to BrickLink a while back when I was under 18 and had to use my dad's account ( :P ).

There was one with a couple of Toa Mahri plus Hydraxon, Gadunka, and Karzahni. I thought it was interesting because it included a store-exclusive set. The picture is bad because I had to tilt the camera and hold it back all the way to the opposite store shelf to fit the whole thing.

EDIT: By the way, there is a Stronius display on eBay, but loose with no case or tube or anything. He could be from an individual tube, but he could also be from this Glatorian Legends case.

EDIT 2: Your hunch was right! There is a Golden Tahu Stars display tube.

Hey Mac, yes definitely interested in the larger ones as well but it's hard to find time to look into it too much. Just putting up that original post (with the pics and research) took a good few hours and I think there are quite a variety of large displays around so will be tough to find info on them all! I'm meaning to get the banners up soon too as many of those are listed on bricklink already making it a reasonably simple job in comparison. Can also post them all as a single image which will help keep the posts a little more reasonable!

That Stronius... Something funny going on with that. The glue on it's feet looks REALLY messy and not like the other sets I have at all. In fact, my Mata Nui canister doesn't even USE glue, instead resorting to some sticky plastic strip things and zip-ties. Seems odd that just a few months earlier they would put out such a shoddy display... We already have images of canisters for the Glatorian AND Glatorian Legends lines too so I think this is unlikely to be another tube find but of course it could be since we've seen multiples from other years! What I DO think is that this set is from the larger display case (listed on bricklink) that shows all 6 glatorian sets displayed together. The simple name tag in the auction listing seems like it might fit with that display. BOOM > This one <

That Tahu Stars, wow. If it were half the price I'd already have bought it but that's horifically expensive, even if it is a pretty rare piece. Thanks for posting it up, I'll add it to the list when I can!

-pic-

for about $55, which considering the fact I've never seen anyone mention it as a thing before, seems like a steal.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing this great find with us, it looks amazing! If only it had been a Tahu one you'd found! Though I can't imagine you buying it would help me get it so maybe better that it's Galidor :D If you can share a few more images that would be great, it's not strictly Bionicle but it's the display we're interested in here and that's definitely the same!

On another note, I just picked up a Tahu Mistika tube from an ebay seller whose house just so happens to be visible from my bedroom window! It still has the protective film on and came in the original box that Lego sent it out to the shop in. I haven't taken the film off yet but I will in time, probably when I have somewhere to display them worked out!

Heh, I'm TeridaxXD001 on BrickLink, so that's me who added it...I hope I don't get in trouble for submitting the auction picture as a large image...

I have a lot of time on my hands (waiting for school to start at the end of the month) so maybe I could help with the large displays.

Think there were any Stars display cases? 2010 would hold the record for the only year of BIONICLE where every single set would fit in a single display case. You could even throw in an extra Golden Armor Tahu and Gaardus, and they'd still all fit in one of the larger cases.

Heh, I'm TeridaxXD001 on BrickLink, so that's me who added it...I hope I don't get in trouble for submitting the auction picture as a large image...

I have a lot of time on my hands (waiting for school to start at the end of the month) so maybe I could help with the large displays.

Hey Mac, are you referring to the cable crawler I got recently? The images I posted up here were added to Bricklink in my name but it wasn't me that did it. And I don't know how that's possible :P

If you needed something to do while you wait for school to kick off again (funny time for a holiday isn't it? What's the occassion?) I'd be very grateful of any help researching the other display items available. If you could get hold of some pics maybe you could post up a dropbox link or email them to me somehow? Or just post them up here yourself of course and I could copy them into the first post but that seems like more work for you :D Definitely feel free to pitch in though if you're up for it, I may work on the banners shortly as I'm at a pause right now! I should also edit the two newly discovered tubes into the first post so will do that as well!

Know anyone in Rochester?  Pick up only so you'll get it for a song.

This looks inexpensive.

Of course, you'll have to sell a kidney to ship them to the UK.

We have a Rochester in the UK (like every American city that stole a name from Europe :P) so you got me all excited there! They do look great though so thanks a lot for sharing them with us! If anyone on the forum is able to get hold of these it would be great to see some nice pictures of them! Also if anyone here already owns any of these pieces please spill the beans on them! It'll be much easier to gather information from current owners than it would be purely from google!!!

Think there were any Stars display cases? 2010 would hold the record for the only year of BIONICLE where every single set would fit in a single display case. You could even throw in an extra Golden Armor Tahu and Gaardus, and they'd still all fit in one of the larger cases.

If I had to guess, I'd say probably not. But then we were mislead by the sudden appearance of that Tahu case so it IS possible... Maybe once we start looking into the larger cases and have a bit more information on the variants that were produced it might give us an idea of how likely it is that this piece exists?

If you needed something to do while you wait for school to kick off again (funny time for a holiday isn't it? What's the occassion?) I'd be very grateful of any help researching the other display items available. If you could get hold of some pics maybe you could post up a dropbox link or email them to me somehow? Or just post them up here yourself of course and I could copy them into the first post but that seems like more work for you :D Definitely feel free to pitch in though if you're up for it, I may work on the banners shortly as I'm at a pause right now! I should also edit the two newly discovered tubes into the first post so will do that as well!

Any specific items you're looking for?

• 3 months later...

Hey Martin this looks amazing! Of course it's one of the ones I'm missing from my own collection so I simply have to ask... Is it for sale?! :D

Moving onto the origins of this image, it actually originated from the 'what's your collection like' topic here on BZP so the owner must be a member. Sadly the image is no longer viewable either on the site or at it's original location so I don't know if it's possible to track down the poster but if anyone remembers who this belongs to it would be great to get a higher quality picture of it.

And of course I'd love to own it soooo... :P

A nice solution is to pm the poster :D

Anyway, I'm in touch with this topic creator, so more informations will come to you asap about this Lewa display.

965_1.gif

Indeed! It seems Piruk here is the owner of our mysterious Phantoka dual tube! He's going to provide us a better image for the topic shortly and hopefully at some point cave in to parting with it so I can have it for myself :P 

On a topic related note, apologies for not having updated anything here since it's initial inception. I've recently moved house, got married and gone back to work so things are busy here right now :P Will try to get round to adding the larger display pieces and banners at some point if anyone cares to share images of the ones that they own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I see this topic has been necro'd but has survived a few days since then so hopefully it will be allowed to remain due to what it is! Sadly I've had little time for anything much since moving and going back to work but I've managed to expand my personal collection of displays to near completion thanks in no small part to our friend Casputzhen! All I'm missing now is Tahu Nuva (which I may never find!) and another which is currently on order. The special Phantoka one currently evades my possession too but I know where it is so will get it one day when I have all the others to go along side it!

Thanks to those who have given us some new information on recent display pieces and particaularly for keeping Bricklink updated. Something I'm quite curious about is why we don't seem to have any single display tubes after the 2015 Tahu one. Why do we not have a skull villain tube? And I would certainly expect to see a Uniter of Ice tube from the current wave so it's all a bit odd...

Something to keep an eye out for is the possible existence of a Rahkshi display tube, something I always hoped may exist which may have been confirmed by Cas. Sadly we have no pictures or information but if it's out there I want it and it needs adding to the database too so eyes peeled guys and if you hppen to come across one I'd love to get hold of it! Chronologically we're missing 6 tubes right now. Mata, Bohrok, Kal, Rahkshi, Metru and Vahki. If anyone comes across any empty tubes I'm tempted to create some unofficial ones just so I can complete my collection so let me know if you find any empty, cheap or damaged tubes you want to earn a buck on :P

I hope this topic stays open despite it's reanimation, I'll try to pay it more attention from here on out and work on the larger display tubs soon if that's possible. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I believe I have found pictures of Rahkshi Display Tubes. Not very clear but you can tell what they are. Also i do not mind doing a similar database thing you have done for display tubes for banners as i am also taking that challenge to obtain as many as possible. It will mainly be pictures of Bricklink for the moment but at least we will have it all in one place rather than scattered across Bricklink and other places. 

Looking for rare Bionicle Promo Materials!

• Press Kits/Press Packs
  • Promo CD/DVDs
  • Style Guides
  • Promo posters/leaflets etc
  • Anything Unique or one of a kind!

Please message if you have anything of interest