What will you do with your bionicles?

Who says I can't hold onto them, after all, isn't that what most AFOLs do? :)

But in all seriousness, I'll probably end up asking my kids (if I ever have any, cuz who knows :P ) and the ones they want they can keep, then the ones they don't want I'll probably sell to someone who wants them more than me. c:

The others that my kids don't want, but I think are cool, will remain on my shelves. :D

Edited by Forgeta
  • Upvote 7

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I'm 27 and still have displays and I still build and collect. I've been to college, own my own home. All my partners have been completely cool with it or have their own.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 9

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I've already finished college, and still have all my Bionicle sets. Currently, I have little need to get rid of any of them, though if it ever came to that I could probably part with a good portion of my G1 sets. I hardly ever display them or use their parts for MOCs, and if I should ever have children of my own, I'm sure the sets at that point would be much higher quality than the fragile parts and repetitive builds of the older sets.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'll just keep them on my shelves, simple as that. Aside from dusting them occasionally, keeping them there shouldn't distract from my life too much.

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Keep them, whether assembled or as parts. I fully plan on getting my eventual kids Duplo and Lego as a creative outlet

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

If I can't play 'n' display, probably see if my kids are interested, and if not, sell rare stuff and donate anything that doesn't have much value to underprivileged children charities or something of the like, so that they can have fun with them too.

• Upvote 2

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

I moved out for a year, realized I wouldn't have room for all my Bionicles anywhere, so I moved back to my house. And my house already ran out of room too .-. There's literally cases full of sets, and a few more random sets lying around the house. This is literally how my Baranus V7 has been displayed for the past year.

Edited by bioniclepluslotr
  • Upvote 6

I moved out for a year, realized I wouldn't have room for all my Bionicles anywhere, so I moved back to my house. And my house already ran out of room too .-. There's literally cases full of sets, and a few more random sets lying around the house. This is literally how my Baranus V7 has been displayed for the past year.

That picture is so glorious I actually considered paying $46.99 for it...

Edited by Forgeta

|

I've got a few sets displayed on my shelf, but most of my Lego and Bionicle sets are in storage right now. I expect they'll stay there until I finish university, as I don't have the space or time to do much else with them right now. After I graduate? I'll probably keep them. Maybe do some MOCing now and then. Give them to my kids eventually, I suppose.

Well for the past couple of years I have tried to sell them, but... i just can't. They belong to me and i have had them for most of my life (some of my earliest memories involve Bionicle). My mother noted this and I said just that. I'm keeping these and I'll probably let my children play with them when they're old and mature enough to respect my property. Now all I got to do is find someone that would be alright with me keeping these and displaying a couple of them. :)

It now has the potential to spawn endless copies of itself. 

'Tis most magnifique. It will always have a place in my heart, and in the Louvre for ages to come.

:P

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I'll keep them forever, have my kids play with them one day too. Plus, I'll never stop collecting. Still missing a few!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I have started at university and haven't even thought about getting rid of mine :)

I will be keeping them for as long as I possibly can. Getting a family shouldn't hinder you from keeping them either (Or keeping any hobby for that matter).
It's not really "big" money that you would earn on them anyway when you enter adulthood and have a job. The sentimental value is worth alot more.

Cherish and take care for what you love!  ^_^

Edited by martin2988
  • Upvote 2

oBDcYei.jpg

I'm 27 and still have displays and I still build and collect. I've been to college, own my own home. All my partners have been completely cool with it or have their own.

Ah so a fellow 27 year old on here. Welcome to the club. Though I will be 28 in a few short weeks. Glad your partners are cool with your toys coming along. Also that some of them have their own.

It now has the potential to spawn endless copies of itself.

I have no idea who or what I am looking at there but if I start seeing hundreds of Xerox of some guys butt I know where to look for the culprit.

As for my collection I think I will keep it. I still have most of the parts from Gen1 lost in boxes somewhere and right now that is where I have to store by Gen2 stuff as my space is quite small and my shelves also have Transformers and Legos on them. It is a bit of a mess.

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Except for a couple of G2 sets, I'm keeping all my older sets in a box in my basement for now. I don't think I could ever give them away, but I don't play with them anymore and I don't really feel the need to display them. Not sure what I'll do with them once I move out and get my own place, but there's no way I'm selling them.

Hail Denmark

I'm definitely keeping a few specific G1 sets either intact or archived; Gali and Tahu Mata, Turaga and Toa Vakama, McToran Hewkii, the Tarakava, Kiina and my three Vahki Bordahk. This is alongside four Roboriders and my little troop of custom Slizers.

As for the rest of my G1 parts however, I'm not sure what to do. I've got a big box of the stuff, but I just don't touch it these days. I'm definitely keeping my Kanohi, Metru/Glatorian heads and a lot of my weapon parts... but now that I MOC primarily with Technic and CCBS, I think I'll separate out what little amount of other G1 stuff I want to keep, and then sell the rest. I may reassemble a couple of old sets that I liked beforehand (I'm thinking of my Rahkshi and Rahaga here), but otherwise it's just a big box of stuff somebody else could enjoy much more than I do.

As for CCBS, that's definitely my shtick these days. I use a few styles of G1 parts with CCBS (Vorox armour, Ehlek spines, Metru and Glatorian heads and various weapons), but CCBS and Technic are my primary MOCing medium now. So, my CCBS collection is definitely here to stay, and is only gonna keep growing. I'm probably gonna stick to it for as long as it captivates my interest, and when I look at how System has kept me interested since day dot, I think it'll be a long time until that ends :)

TL;DR: Most of my G1 stuff will go, some favourite G1 sets will stay, but my CCBS and Technic parts won't be disappearing for a long time.

• Upvote 2

I'm 24 and live in a 3 story condo with my girlfriend. Every room has Legos on display. The living room has most of my bionicle sets. I still play with them everyday. Metru nuju, her favorite guy, actually hangs out on our bedside table. I don't see this changing anytime soon, or ever.

• Upvote 7

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I'm 24 and live in a 3 story condo with my girlfriend. Every room has Legos on display. The living room has most of my bionicle sets. I still play with them everyday. Metru nuju, her favorite guy, actually hangs out on our bedside table. I don't see this changing anytime soon, or ever.

How does one achieve finding someone so perfect that they'll put up with a nerdy guy collecting a child's toy line? I need someone like that some time in my life.

• Upvote 7

Not to get too off point, but a relationship should be about respecting each other's individualities.

Also, shot in the dark, but maybe there are lots of women with geek hobbies too?

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 9

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Not to get too off point, but a relationship should be about respecting each other's individualities.

Also, shot in the dark, but maybe there are lots of women with geek hobbies too?

That's what I've always thought, but all of the relationships I've been in have been toxic with me being used. They always dump me at bad times too. My first girlfriend dumped me at a dance, and the other after that on our anniversary. Hopefully my luck changes and I can find someone who views things as though we're equals instead of treating me as a slave to her whims.

Anyway, that's a quite personal and off-topic matter. I plan on keeping my BIONICLE sets and at some point giving them to my future children.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 4

That's what I've always thought, but all of the relationships I've been in have been toxic with me being used. They always dump me at bad times too. My first girlfriend dumped me at a dance, and the other after that on our anniversary. Hopefully my luck changes and I can find someone who views things as though we're equals instead of treating me as a slave to her whims.

Anyway, that's a quite personal and off-topic matter. I plan on keeping my BIONICLE sets and at some point giving them to my future children.

That sucks, well good luck to you.

I haven't had a problem with my partners knowing I have Bionicles. They actually ask me to narrate the main story for them too.

• Upvote 3

That sucks, well good luck to you.

I haven't had a problem with my partners knowing I have Bionicles. They actually ask me to narrate the main story for them too.

Not to go even MORE off topic than we already are buuuuuut...

I only really make it apparent to my friends that I'm a Bonkle fan, and barely ever mention it around my partners. :P

|

I would just be doing the same thing of what TJOmega do, review them and have them on my shelf (or with me, have the set beside the one I like the most in plastic boxes and have my MOCs on the shelf). I would also be doing MOCing still because I suck at drawing, especially when I have so many idea that I want it seen on paper for my project Taran (I still need to find a better name for that)

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube