What will you do with your bionicles?

I would shove them all in a huge backpack that I would wear everywhere and whenever some non-LEGO fan mentioned 'Bionicles' I would get all in their faces like 'OH YOU MEAN THESE' and 'GET ON MY LEVEL, UNBELIEVER'!

I'd cover my house with them. Every room would have a designated 'season' or theme or something, like 2015 Toa in one place, Voya Nui Matoran in another, MOCs somewhere else... I wouldn't give a Manas if anyone else thought it was weird. :P

• Upvote 5

Not to get too off point, but a relationship should be about respecting each other's individualities.

Also, shot in the dark, but maybe there are lots of women with geek hobbies too?

That's what I've always thought, but all of the relationships I've been in have been toxic with me being used. They always dump me at bad times too. My first girlfriend dumped me at a dance, and the other after that on our anniversary. Hopefully my luck changes and I can find someone who views things as though we're equals instead of treating me as a slave to her whims.

Anyway, that's a quite personal and off-topic matter. I plan on keeping my BIONICLE sets and at some point giving them to my future children.

That sucks, well good luck to you.

I haven't had a problem with my partners knowing I have Bionicles. They actually ask me to narrate the main story for them too.

Not to go even MORE off topic than we already are buuuuuut...

I only really make it apparent to my friends that I'm a Bonkle fan, and barely ever mention it around my partners. :P

I actually managed to get my girl into Legos. She's not into bionicle at all really, but she's got all the Disney princess sets, and all our Lego movie sets are split between me and her. She has the guardians of the galaxy sets, and I even got her the ewok village. Including my bionicle collection, which makes up a good portion of this number, we have over 100 Lego sets on display at our place.

• Upvote 2

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

Not to get too off point, but a relationship should be about respecting each other's individualities.

Also, shot in the dark, but maybe there are lots of women with geek hobbies too?

That's what I've always thought, but all of the relationships I've been in have been toxic with me being used. They always dump me at bad times too. My first girlfriend dumped me at a dance, and the other after that on our anniversary. Hopefully my luck changes and I can find someone who views things as though we're equals instead of treating me as a slave to her whims.

Anyway, that's a quite personal and off-topic matter. I plan on keeping my BIONICLE sets and at some point giving them to my future children.

That sucks, well good luck to you.

I haven't had a problem with my partners knowing I have Bionicles. They actually ask me to narrate the main story for them too.

Not to go even MORE off topic than we already are buuuuuut...

I only really make it apparent to my friends that I'm a Bonkle fan, and barely ever mention it around my partners. :P

I actually managed to get my girl into Legos. She's not into bionicle at all really, but she's got all the Disney princess sets, and all our Lego movie sets are split between me and her. She has the guardians of the galaxy sets, and I even got her the ewok village. Including my bionicle collection, which makes up a good portion of this number, we have over 100 Lego sets on display at our place.

So lucky... ;~;

• Upvote 2

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Forgeta, maybe try reenacting the Hewkii x Macku scene :)

O~O ...with whom?

yourself

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

MOCing, MOCing and more MOCing. I intend to continue buying constraction as long as it's still being made, and if I can manage it, my sets are staying with me my whole life, assembled or not. I will never sell them for money.

I'll never sell mine either. Get enough to supply a Bricklink store, but I don't plan to sell them. (Plus I shed, which wouldn't be good for customer service XD)

• Upvote 3

Anything from 2001 is going to my office at Marvel wherever I end up, but I'll let my kids keep whatever they want. Maybe start 'em off with the McTorans and Stars and such until they're old enough to play with the really tiny pieces, ha ha. My comic-book collection is probably going to stay with my 2001 sets; especially the pre-Metru Nui comics. Everything else I'm going to hold on to for the time being and just see what happens.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

MOCing, MOCing and more MOCing. I intend to continue buying constraction as long as it's still being made, and if I can manage it, my sets are staying with me my whole life, assembled or not. I will never sell them for money.

I'll never sell mine either. Get enough to supply a Bricklink store, but I don't plan to sell them. (Plus I shed, which wouldn't be good for customer service XD)

I probably won't sell any of mine either, but if I ever do need extra cash to buy more, I'll sell the ones that aren't getting much use so they can go to someone else who wants them more. :3

Also, totally getting my kids into Bionicle (IF I HAD ANY).

|

My Gen 2 sets will probably stay with me, but I'm starting to consider getting rid of most of my Gen 1 sets (save for the Toa Mata and Nuva and Bohrok). I love Gen 1, but they're just taking up so much space. I don't really need them at this point. The Gen 2 sets look better on display anyway and have more functionality. If there's a Gen 3, I'll likely collect those as well.

• Upvote 2

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

My Gen 2 sets will probably stay with me, but I'm starting to consider getting rid of most of my Gen 1 sets (save for the Toa Mata and Nuva and Bohrok). I love Gen 1, but they're just taking up so much space. I don't really need them at this point. The Gen 2 sets look better on display anyway and have more functionality. If there's a Gen 3, I'll likely collect those as well.

I'll most likely collect any or all Bionicle generations to come... perhaps this'll be a pattern? 10 years of Bionicle, then stop for 5, repeat? o.0

• Upvote 2

|

I guess it really depends. I'll keep all of my Bionicles as long as possible, but if It came down to it, I'd sell my old G1 Bionicles for the extra cash.

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm not letting go off mine, i might have graduated, be unemployed at 29 without a lady friend. But that doesnt mean i stop caring about me sets. I'll keep them for a least good 20-30 years more.

Until then people are gonna have to pry them from my stone cold dead hands before i consider such a horrible fate as selling them, i'm at least waiting till their values rise by a good ammount.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Upvote 5

qs3135.jpg

Currently I have been revamping them and MOCing them for use in stop motion.  My plan is to use them for stop motion until I am 18 or a bit younger then pack them up and save them for my kids in the future.  Because I don't want to be a 24 year old (or older) who still plays with his toys and purchases new ones for himself; maybe my signature can show you what I mean. ↓

Edited by Mocmaker
  • Upvote 2

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

I consider it an artistic endeavor and will defend it as such to anyone who thinks it's childish.

I think I'll always be tinkering with MOCing whenever I have the time. They may eventually get packed away for years, but I doubt I'd ever sell them unless I really had to.

• Upvote 2

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Anyone know how to store Gali and Lewa in their boxes? I want to put them away to free up some space, but I couldn't find a good way to make them fit in since the flaps on the bottom of their boxes just pop off and the pieces spill out.

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Probably keep them, unless they bwcome extremely valuable in the next 20-30 years or so. :)

• Upvote 3

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I brought Pohatu, Gali, and the LoSS with me to grad school after winter break. All my Gen 1 sets, save Lhikan, are in pieces in a box, so if Gen 2 hadn't come around I don't know if I would have even bothered.

But speaking of that box filled with parts, will I ever part with it? Unlikely.

• Upvote 3

I'm 27 and still have displays and I still build and collect. I've been to college, own my own home. All my partners have been completely cool with it or have their own.

I find this incredibly reassuring, Im glad theres hope for a Bionicle nerd.

I moved out for a year, realized I wouldn't have room for all my Bionicles anywhere, so I moved back to my house. And my house already ran out of room too .-. There's literally cases full of sets, and a few more random sets lying around the house. This is literally how my Baranus V7 has been displayed for the past year.

That picture is so glorious I actually considered paying $46.99 for it...

Aesthetic??

As for my collection, I feel like i will end up selling off a lot of my redundant g1 parts (so. many. limbs.) and build my collections of CCBS. In the future, I can see myself keeping and displaying them, and letting my children play with them.

• Upvote 2

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

Well, one corner of my room has a couple totes filled with LEGOs, so I'll probably just bring them along wherever I go. It's not that much space. Certain Bonkles will remain unpacked, assembled, and displayed for all eternity. These include, but are not limited to, all of the MoLToran, all of the Vahki, and the Toa Mata and Toa Metru once I get them all.

Edited by Toa Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I'll probably store them in various categorised containers, in pieces. I'm thinking of placing all of the containers in a giant chest, if possible. That way, they can be preserved somewhere safe.

Though I might request to have one or two inside my coffin, with my deceased body.

• Upvote 2

I'm 27 and still have displays and I still build and collect. I've been to college, own my own home. All my partners have been completely cool with it or have their own.

What about your girl friend?  What are her thoughts on it?

• Upvote 1

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!