Personally Recoloring CCBS Parts?

Owlexander

Hello all! I've been wondering this through out my day, as I have a cool idea for a MOC, and the color scheme I'm aiming for (Maroon & Gold) isn't exactly available as official parts in CCBS... so I was wondering if anyone did any personal recoloring of the CCBS bone parts, or would know how to do so effectively and efficiently, so that the joints could still move pretty well without there being too much friction. Is spray-painting an option, or is there a special type of paint used for this sorta thing?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, and if so, could someone please link the discussion and get this topic locked? Thank you. :)

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Actually if you're talking about a dark red as being maroon, those pieces do exist. They came in several of the Chima Ultrabuilds as well as Pyrox from the Brain Attack wave of Hero Factory.

Gold is also pretty common among CCBS pieces, particularly in the old Rocka Hero Factory sets, as well as being able to be obtained through some of the new 2015 Toa.

If the option of buying sets is too expensive, as it does sound quite pricey, I have no doubt the pieces can be found on Bricklink for a reasonable price.

As for the initial question, I unfortunately can't say I know for sure which type of paint works best. I am a purist MOCist and have had no need to paint pieces as of yet.

Hope this was helpful :)

Edited by Ekorak

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

Actually if you're talking about a dark red as being maroon, those pieces do exist. They came in several of the Chima Ultrabuilds as well as Pyrox from the Brain Attack wave of Hero Factory.

Gold is also pretty common among CCBS pieces, particularly in the old Rocka Hero Factory sets, as well as being able to be obtained through some of the new 2015 Toa.

If the option of buying sets is too expensive, as it does sound quite pricey, I have no doubt the pieces can be found on Bricklink for a reasonable price.

As for the initial question, I unfortunately can't say I know for sure which type of paint works best. I am a purist MOCist and have had no need to paint pieces as of yet.

It was indeed helpful! :D

Which Chima sets did the maroon pieces come in? Because I'd love to get some. I already have tons of gold, but wouldn't mind some more. ;)

Also, I was just using this as a reference, as I was considering doing more non-purist MOCs in the future. :)

Edited by Forgeta

|

Which Chima sets did the maroon pieces come in? Because I'd love to get some. I already have tons of gold, but wouldn't mind some more. ;)

Also, I was just using this as a reference, as I was considering doing more non-purist MOCs in the future. :)

The 2014, unfortunately non-American, Chima Ultrabuilds for Laval and Fluminox have them with some gold printing that could be removed if desired. The Pyrox set has no normal armor pieces, but has a dark red chestplate.

I also found this on Bricklink after a few minutes of investigation: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=59&itemID=99305

Although I'm not sure where they came from, and I can't find any information on it, there appear to be normal dark red CCBS pieces for sale.

:)

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

The 2014, unfortunately non-American, Chima Ultrabuilds for Laval and Fluminox have them with some gold printing that could be removed if desired. The Pyrox set has no normal armor pieces, but has a dark red chestplate.

I also found this on Bricklink after a few minutes of investigation: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=59&itemID=99305

Although I'm not sure where they came from, and I can't find any information on it, there appear to be normal dark red CCBS pieces for sale.

:)

Welp, there goes my 2015 Summer wave budget...

|

*hugs Forgets*

Only paint the CCBS pieces if it's absolutely necessary. And I suggest only buying from Bricklink if you have money to spare. (Which is why I don't buy from Bricklink yet. I only get $40 per two weeks to spend freely. Which I mainly use on Bionicles, or shaman clothes.)

*hugs Forgets*

Only paint the CCBS pieces if it's absolutely necessary. And I suggest only buying from Bricklink if you have money to spare. (Which is why I don't buy from Bricklink yet. I only get $40 per two weeks to spend freely. Which I mainly use on Bionicles, or shaman clothes.)

*hugs back* :3

Ye, figured I'd do some testing and come back here to tell everyone, I've got quite a budget at a moment so I wouldn't mind doing something like that with just a few pieces.

|