Content limit

Underscore

I tried doing an advanced search (click the gear icon next to the search bar in the upper right corner) and filling only the "Find author" field in, but that seemed to give fewer results than even the "Find content" thing. I'm not sure it's possible, unless there's something that can be tweaked in the ACP to take off the limitation.

Furthermore, a search of the Q&A forum and the Tracker shows that the date limitation has been acknowledged, but not complained about. Let's see if there's something that can be done.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you, but I do have an update. It seems there is an option to increase or decrease the restriction placed on "Find content" searches, but there's concern about server load for people who post a lot.

So long answer is yes, it is possible to set things up so the entirety of a member's content is listed, but for now the one-year limit is going to stay in place.

• Upvote 1

One thing to note is that individual searches are quite fast and of course list all relevant forums content. For instance, I searched for a MOC of mine from 2011, and it quickly came up.

Another thing that can be done if it's your own content that you want to track is to use a specific tag for all of your threads you'll want to later find easily. I did this myself a couple of years ago when I realized a the content tab only went back a year. As you can see here, the Ballom tag turns up all of my tagged threads, going back to 2011. Useful!

~B~

• Upvote 2