Here is an update of one of my songs from a while ago: https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/matoran-battle-song/s-bJ0nP

Again, ignore the faint whispering that happens occasionally.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Here is an update of one of my songs from a while ago: https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/matoran-battle-song/s-bJ0nP

I liked the little marching drums near the end. And I think I heard the whispering, but I thought it added to the song since i couldn't understand it and it was very quiet. The fact that it says 'That was a little sharp' fits with the battle song. :P Like, some guy gets cut in conflict and he says that. Derp. :lol:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I liked the little marching drums near the end. And I think I heard the whispering, but I thought it added to the song since i couldn't understand it and it was very quiet. The fact that it says 'That was a little sharp' fits with the battle song. :P Like, some guy gets cut in conflict and he says that. Derp. :lol:

*slice* *decapitation*

That one was a little sharp.

• Upvote 1

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

So I have been having ideas for the culture of the vorox.

I imagine them being a mixture of different influences such as some south-west US native american, mesoamerican weaponry, and others, while retaining some of the old world influences that make up their ancient past with Jararradat. After the Shattering and much of their desert cities turned into glass (which from there a lot of it disintegrated back into the sand), the vorox had to adapt to this destruction of civilization by converting into heavily localized and mostly-isolationist tribes and bands. They never had a chance to uniting into larger unified kingdoms because they were plagued by ostonigosa raiding. I imagine that they could have had a legendary hero of some-sort that was able to annihilate all the local bone hunters and unite a couple of tribes to form a kingdom of some-sort, though this kingdom would have to be far south of Neala as civilized vorox were never depicted in 2009. Though Mata Nui revitalized the planet, much of Bara Magna was a desert even before The Shattering, so much of that vegetation withered within a few years (maybe even less then that) and some parts only had arid grass with the per-existing palm trees and fig trees.

Weapons used by most vorox would be similar to that of the pre-colonial mesoamericans, weapons called 'macanas'. Macanas utilize wood in conjunction with extremely hard rock (usually obsidian). The most well known macana weapon would be the sword-like arm known as a macuahuitl. Some vorox macanas would sometimes also utilize sharp teeth from beasts in their weaponry along with the hard rock. They would also utilize atlals. Iron smithing was done in only a couple-to-few villages through all of Bara Magna. Ones in-contact with Neala, Onyu or Zhonyu states would often have iron and sometimes exisdian imported from the merchants, and once arriving at places that had forges they would create helmets for noblemen and chieftains, the higher ranking the more ornate (usually incorporating some gold/silver and glass/jewels found in the desert or brought by traders). Short antlers would be fastened to the sides to give the appearance of arthropodic mandibles/pincers in symbolic reference to the little creatures that their backs and stinger tails were inspired by when created by Jarraradat and Tahedin/Velika from the main agori race. Antlers facing the other way would also be fastened to the helmet on the sides just a little bit above of the ones jutting forward to create balance in weight distribution. Everyone else utilized animal skulls that would be chiseled out by individuals to make better fitting helmets and combined with leather (don't forget the antler-pincers!), and to those that simply cannot get a skull-helmet or are not even warriors at that moment usually wear a scarf-like desert garb around their head.

After The Melding of Spherus Magna, increased contact with 'more civilized' nations and matoran immigrants led to some 'modernization' of vorox tribes that were closer to the aforementioned communities. This also means that there are vorox that have abandoned their old isolationist ways, allowing foreigners (in small quantities) and their own people out. There are bound to be a few fully robed vorox around New Atero and other places. They used to occupy the Zone of Treason (formerly called the Dunes of Treason), but since The Melding the region became settled by various Matoran Universe races; though most vorox tribes have abandoned the area to go elsewhere (most heading south of the Skrall River).

When it comes to their music, they practice both throat singing (due to forced contact with the ostonigosa) and a strange mixture between Arabic chanting and native american chanting (not sure what that would sound like, bet it sounds cool though!), and war chants combining native american chants with throat singing (very intense). Instruments include drums of various sizes, flutes and arabic strings. Spiritual beliefs are a tribal-ized version of Gruncharism mixed with Great Being and Element Lord-rooted polytheism, some communities even having some 'heathen' geroikoi influences about the sky and heavens. These combinations have created unique myths that vary from the four waste regions of Bara Magna (West, Central, South, and East). Their main gods usually include Grunchar, Tahedin/Velika, and Jarraradat (the three creators).

For more stuff that I have based the above off of, here is an excerpt of something I have been writing:

“This area used to be called the Dunes of Treason, not the Zone of Treason like it is now. I think it sounded better before, but hey, Neala is no longer like much of the rest of Bara Magna. Gotta adapt, y’know? …Everybody thinks that all the vorox in this area have abandoned it, but this was their home. I think a lot of them move down south in the wake of all the vegetation, but I think there are still a couple of tribes.” You looked at him confused. You had always heard of the vorox being nothing more than beasts, but he said tribes… and so did you in interest. He responded, “Yeah, tribes. The vorox peoples are not animalistic as many of them claim. Sure, some are more barbaric then others and maybe that’s where the animalistic rumors came from, but the same could be said about the skrall and yet no one calls them animals (unless it’s an insult of course).”

“I lived among a tribe for a year, and they are not animals; savages perhaps, but not animals. They have a complex culture that is wrapped in a mixture of history and mythology and they are very misunderstood. Many have been isolationist and hostile towards outsiders, and they were very involved in their old tales and the practices that were rooted in those tales. But after many of them saw the Battle of Bara Magna, what they originally saw as giant stone men fighting upon and above the surface and mountains being shattered, and coming to find out that they were of ancient technology and later metal people coming out of the larger one’s body, many vorox had their mythological histories shattered as well as their understanding of the world. Some openly denied the truths behind the battle and the later reformation and restoration of Spherus Magna, deciding that unity through their culture and traditions were more important than the truth. But some have either partially or fully abandoned their traditions; no more do they make weapons out of wood and sharpened obsidian called macanas, or everything out of wood and stone with little metal. As a side note, only high ranking nobles and chieftains were allowed to use metal, specifically in place of obsidian in a macana or in special decorative yet still useful helmets. Some of them have accepted Nealite influence and adapted, while others have heeded the call to their ancient ruler, the Element Lord of Sand, Jararradat I think his name was…”

So, anyone have anything to add to the vorox of Bara Magna? Any comments?

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I was thinking that you could add some northern african type culture into the mix, as in their garb, not big turbans but the type of clothes that they where i'm saying, perhaps if they are to have something on their heads it would be like a scarf, like a desert scarf, or a mix between that and a type of helmet.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I was thinking that you could add some northern african type culture into the mix, as in their garb, not big turbans but the type of clothes that they where i'm saying, perhaps if they are to have something on their heads it would be like a scarf, like a desert scarf, or a mix between that and a type of helmet.

Sounds good. I have edited that post to add that detail.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hey um, a while ago I made an improved version of the Bota Magna flag

united_bota_magna_flag_2.jpg

You should probably use this one instead of the one that is represented currently.

pure_muscle.png

Hey um, a while ago I made an improved version of the Bota Magna flag

united_bota_magna_flag_2.jpg

You should probably use this one instead of the one that is represented currently.

Done.

If you could make separate country descriptions that would be great. That is the only reason why they do not have a description despite you having made one for your region of Luhneah.

}----|]I||I[|----{

To those of you with EUIV and an account on ParadoxPlaza, you can check out the A Rude Awakening topic here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/project-a-rude-awakening.884592/

To those without either, I apologize but it will be impossible for you to view it. This is done to reduce piracy, as games like EUIV are played mostly for the mods and most mods are featured there. You will not be missing much, it is basically an advertisement seeking people who would be interested in making their own stories and locations on Spherus Magna as well as mod game development. But since it is there it is also now in the presence of highly skilled individuals.

69718596602d11906ebc9004d38b4d6cdea2f1ee

~ quote 'some guy on ParadoxPlaza'.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have made another Vorox flag (and this one was made is school  :P )

khineer.jpg

Khineer

pure_muscle.png

Nice. Hey, could you make one with a little bit of purple?

Hey guys, I'm currently in a Star Wars and Warhammer 40k phase right now, so my interest in the project is currently a little low. I'll be takin' a hiatus for a little while until my interest returns (and really, I've been on hiatus since my last post here). I have been sketching out some anatomical ideas for the vorox race, so once I'm done I'll take a picture.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Okay, cool. I know how much Star Wars can suck you in, it's happened to me myself :P.

Imrukii, how do you make the Vorox flags look hand-drawn?

• Upvote 2

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted

I've made a new Vorox flag. It's a bit deferent from the others that I have made thus far, and there's a reason for that................... These Vorox are mostly made up of intellectuals, and thus practically are not heard of from the other tribes. hence the strange symbol. Who knows, perhaps they hold the key to either bring back Makuta Teridax............. Or the one to Destroy him permanently, and for good.

dolhemiire.jpg

Dolhemiire

pure_muscle.png

Would you need any samples of throat-singing? I think it would fit well for the Ostonigosa, and I can record some samples.

• Upvote 1

Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

Would you need any samples of throat-singing? I think it would fit well for the Ostonigosa, and I can record some samples.

If you can throat sing, I want to hear it. :lol:

I've made a new Vorox flag. It's a bit deferent from the others that I have made thus far, and there's a reason for that................... These Vorox are mostly made up of intellectuals, and thus practically are not heard of from the other tribes. hence the strange symbol. Who knows, perhaps they hold the key to either bring back Makuta Teridax............. Or the one to Destroy him permanently, and for good.

dolhemiire.jpg

Dolhemiire

Quite a strange flag ...Are those radioactive symbols? Also, what do you mean 'of intellectuals'? Tribal peoples can be intelligent to. If you mean creating a city and producing moderately modern technology, then how could they have done that if they were under constant attack by Bone Hunter raids?

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

dolhemiire.jpg

Dolhemiire

Quite a strange flag ...Are those radioactive symbols? Also, what do you mean 'of intellectuals'? Tribal peoples can be intelligent to. If you mean creating a city and producing moderately modern technology, then how could they have done that if they were under constant attack by Bone Hunter raids?

Well thats the thing, they sealed themselves underground, so they would focus on philosophical concepts as a posed to constant war and fighting. For tens of hundreds of years they lived underground in torch-lit and semi sun-lit caves, protected by thick cave walls, and long twisting mazes. 

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

dolhemiire.jpg

Dolhemiire

Well thats the thing, they sealed themselves underground, so they would focus on philosophical concepts as a posed to constant war and fighting. For tens of hundreds of years they lived underground in torch-lit and semi sun-lit caves, protected by thick cave walls, and long twisting mazes. 

First off, could you explain the flag to me? So far it is hard to understand what it is I am looking at (which leads to me disliking it. :/ ).

Carving complex mazes not only means comprehension of advanced mathematics, but also a sizable army or a well trained legion to protect the diggers and artisans from attacks (both inside and outside the crust). It also requires resources that would have been scarce in a post-apocalyptic desert planetoid. Also being forced underground and trapping themselves down there makes me think that these underground vorox would regress to near-animalistic states like the Snow Elves in The Elder Scrolls. The only work around I can think of is that the vorox did not produce this technology themselves, but like Vorwoud they were helped by Velika/Tahedin in his preparation for planetary conquest. It is unlikely that Tahedin would have helped in the production in the mazes, but these vorox could have utilized the little bit of technology he could have given to them to produce such works over the course of a few hundred years. If you want, we can create a representation of there being one sane society in these mountain tunnels, while being surrounded by feral vorox that live in savage tribes.

One thing though: I personally do not like the name. Anyone else feel the same way or am I alone on this? The way one pronounces it sounds like it would be better fitted for the skrall.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

dolhemiire.jpg

Dolhemiire

First off, could you explain the flag to me? So far it is hard to understand what it is I am looking at (which leads to me disliking it. :/ ).

Carving complex mazes not only means comprehension of advanced mathematics, but also a sizable army or a well trained legion to protect the diggers and artisans from attacks (both inside and outside the crust). It also requires resources that would have been scarce in a post-apocalyptic desert planetoid. Also being forced underground and trapping themselves down there makes me think that these underground vorox would regress to near-animalistic states like the Snow Elves in The Elder Scrolls. The only work around I can think of is that the vorox did not produce this technology themselves, but like Vorwoud they were helped by Velika/Tahedin in his preparation for planetary conquest. It is unlikely that Tahedin would have helped in the production in the mazes, but these vorox could have utilized the little bit of technology he could have given to them to produce such works over the course of a few hundred years. If you want, we can create a representation of there being one sane society in these mountain tunnels, while being surrounded by feral vorox that live in savage tribes.

One thing though: I personally do not like the name. Anyone else feel the same way or am I alone on this? The way one pronounces it sounds like it would be better fitted for the skrall.

okay, Mow 'bout just Dolmeehra instead? Or Dolhmra?

pure_muscle.png

Ditto. I could use some good vocals in some songs.

Alright, I might be able to get a sample soon, my house is crowded so can't make one right now. Expect one in a few days.

Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

https://soundcloud.com/monto-soy/ostonigosa-throat-singing

Done. I'm sick right now, my throat is sorta tight so the high tone didn't come out very loud. Also, I'm using my headset mic, which is pretty garbage.

i appreciate the attempt, but the bit about the audio being garbage is all too true. Also, I don't think your voice is deep enough; you can cheat by making it deeper through audio manipulation if you want. I was trying it out myself, but I am also a bit sick so it didn't come out sounding the best.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Done. I'm sick right now, my throat is sorta tight so the high tone didn't come out very loud. Also, I'm using my headset mic, which is pretty garbage.

i appreciate the attempt, but the bit about the audio being garbage is all too true. Also, I don't think your voice is deep enough; you can cheat by making it deeper through audio manipulation if you want. I was trying it out myself, but I am also a bit sick so it didn't come out sounding the best.

I have a pretty deep voice myself. But there's only one problem. I don't have a microphone. The closest thing I have is my iPad Mic, but thats it.

I can hit pretty low notes and high notes.

Another problem is that I don't have a room that I can record things in. There is my dad's guitar room, but that's just about it.

Hmm... He does have microphones, but no way for me to record anything. Unless if he actually does have something to do that, but I don't know of it.

pure_muscle.png

I have a pretty deep voice myself. But there's only one problem. I don't have a microphone. The closest thing I have is my iPad Mic, but thats it.

I can hit pretty low notes and high notes.

Another problem is that I don't have a room that I can record things in. There is my dad's guitar room, but that's just about it.

Hmm... He does have microphones, but no way for me to record anything. Unless if he actually does have something to do that, but I don't know of it.

FYI, closets with clothes in them are very good audio recording booths. They're quiet, and the clothes absorb background noise. I might give it a go later. 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys there is an off-site game called Terra Magna. I've had some help in writing the history and I implemented some influences for A Rude Awakening. These details can be considered legends to some extent for Spherus Magna natives so people can make their own history. Anyway, I come here to see if anyone would like to join us.

It takes place an alternate timeline where Teridax won the Battle of Bara Magna and he has created an interstellar empire as God-Emperor of Shadows in the body of the Great Spirit. He uses Spherus Magna natives as slaves and connects planets via star gate ripoffs called space gates. MU colonists loyal to their physically dead god Mata Nui and revolting SM native slaves on the planet of Terra Magna have overthrown and exiled Teridax's viceroy for Terra Magna to a far away land while also destroying the space gate to Spherus Magna. In the wake of this many of these free peoples are being led by the former heads of anti-Teridax terrorist cells and trying to start anew. Y'all can make your own nations and control it in a nation-simulator. I personally am king of an enlightened despotate for vorox peoples.

So, what do you say? Any of you guys want to join us? :)

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A music question: are we assuming that folk music in this universe is similar to earthly folk music? I already did the song "The Bard", which borrowed heavily from Russian and traditional Klezmer music. I just started on a very folky song that sounds very American, a bit like Amazing Grace or something similar. Would any group have music like this?

Edited by Jacquestodian Vanson

A music question: are we assuming that folk music in this universe is similar to earthly folk music? I already did the song "The Bard", which borrowed heavily from Russian and traditional Klezmer music. I just started on a very folky song that sounds very American, a bit like Amazing Grace or something similar. Would any group have music like this?

Maybe a sort of Reformed matron universe mixed with wither cultures possibly (Luhneahn, or maybe even Skakdi, for example)

I also have a concept for a new culture

Reformed Makutine

The basic idea is that, they have abandoned their ideas of Teridax being the one and only Makuta, and actually see themselves as a race, rather than a group of cultists.

And see Miserix as the Greatest Makuta, since he remained Good.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Maybe a sort of Reformed matron universe mixed with wither cultures possibly (Luhneahn, or maybe even Skakdi, for example)

I also have a concept for a new culture

Reformed Makutine

The basic idea is that, they have abandoned their ideas of Teridax being the one and only Makuta, and actually see themselves as a race, rather than a group of cultists.

And see Miserix as the Greatest Makuta, since he remained Good.

Sort of like how main-line Christianity sees only two races in humanity: those that have accepted Christ, and those that have not. It has nothing to do with blood but rather with soul. Hmm, interesting. However, I doubt that Miserix will put up with people worshiping him (though people do that with Superman in DC Comics...) as he himself served Mata Nui before going crazy. Also, one of the things that makes people worship Teridax is that he kept dieing and kept returning, but the main part is that he successfully overthrow and exiled the god of the matoran. Miserix was overthrown himself by Teridax, thought to be dead but was imprisoned and forced to eat bugs for thousands of years, and then just as he tastes freedom he is turned into a painting. Miserix is not a good Makuta, he allowed himself to be totally consumed by shadow so that he would not have any weaknesses to Teridax. He grew mindless with hatred and spite which i=I imagine that after the Battle of Bara Magna he would just become a depressed sad-sack with no meaning to his life until eventually deciding to snap out of that and form the creature creating New Destral. Going back to basics. Or maybe he does something else with New Destral, that was just my idea.

I don't exactly know. Much of Spherus Magna incorporates Bara Magna, which includes Neala. That means that there is going to be a lot of desert and ancient influence.

I am going to be honest. From what I remember I didn't like The Bard too much in the context it is supposed to belong in. It didn't have a Greco-Roman feel to it, felt more purely Slavic. And this is talking mostly about instruments. The tambouras and other similar lyres should be fine. It is possible that my memory is failing here, if you want I will dig up the song and listen to it again to have a fresh hear. But only later, I am pretty sick right now and i have put off finishing this message for far too long. Glad it's finally done.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I don't exactly know. Much of Spherus Magna incorporates Bara Magna, which includes Neala. That means that there is going to be a lot of desert and ancient influence.

I am going to be honest. From what I remember I didn't like The Bard too much in the context it is supposed to belong in. It didn't have a Greco-Roman feel to it, felt more purely Slavic. And this is talking mostly about instruments. The tambouras and other similar lyres should be fine. It is possible that my memory is failing here, if you want I will dig up the song and listen to it again to have a fresh hear. But only later, I am pretty sick right now and i have put off finishing this message for far too long. Glad it's finally done.

Critique away: https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/the-bard-2/s-cjMQD

Thank you my good man. Now I remember why I didn't like it. 1. Kind of bland. 2. No tambouras (didn't know the name of the instrument at that time but now I do) or other old Mediterranean/Near-Eastern instruments/sounds (I am really unsure on my phrasing of this). 3. Abrupt ending (it was just a test so that's alright but that's probably why I disliked The Bard so much).

I am sorry if I sound picky, but I would just like to get it right. :shrugs:  Really want a Roman and/or Greek-styled lyre in there with some influences from the Near East. I know you are more used to things Matoran-like so it's alright. I am just thankful that you are part of this project and willing to put up with my nit-pickiness.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Thank you my good man. Now I remember why I didn't like it. 1. Kind of bland. 2. No tambouras (didn't know the name of the instrument at that time but now I do) or other old Mediterranean/Near-Eastern instruments/sounds (I am really unsure on my phrasing of this). 3. Abrupt ending (it was just a test so that's alright but that's probably why I disliked The Bard so much).

I am sorry if I sound picky, but I would just like to get it right. :shrugs:  Really want a Roman and/or Greek-styled lyre in there with some influences from the Near East. I know you are more used to things Matoran-like so it's alright. I am just thankful that you are part of this project and willing to put up with my nit-pickiness.

Despite it's obvious down sides, this song on it's own I feel would work greatly for the farther easteren Vorox tribes, maybe even Worvoud to an extent. Or, at least something along those lines.

pure_muscle.png

There is a lyre in the song, as well as an oboe and a doumbek, all of which are traditionally Middle Eastern sounding. I'm afraid I can't do anything to add a tamboura, since my range of acoustic instruments is only that of an orchestra.

There is a lyre in the song, as well as an oboe and a doumbek, all of which are traditionally Middle Eastern sounding. I'm afraid I can't do anything to add a tamboura, since my range of acoustic instruments is only that of an orchestra.

Hmm. Then maybe it was just the abrupt ending. But I don't know, it still doesn't sound right... Just a theory, but maybe it is the last instrument added before the song ends.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hmm. Then maybe it was just the abrupt ending. But I don't know, it still doesn't sound right... Just a theory, but maybe it is the last instrument added before the song ends.

The oboe at 0:40?

Yep.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Yep.

Would you rather that be a flute or a violin or something like that?

Yep.

Would you rather that be a flute or a violin or something like that?

Let's try a regional flute.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

So, It's been a while since I've posted anything here...

I've been thinking it over in my head of what I want the music of Tyran'fotius and Isskun to sound like. I've been searching for music that in my mind would sound like what I'd think would fit for These two nations (grant it, we're going to make our own music in the end, the following examples are simply that. Examples)

Tyran'fotius

My idea for Tyran'fotius was to have the music much like this one, all be it with hard metal rock and other extreme sounds to emphasize they're fiery nature. They are comparable in there government as kind of like a mix of Sparta and some very sight middle eastern vibes.

Isskun

As for Isskun, I was thinking sort of medieval sounding imperial music, that would fits a rising regime of fascism and one-mindedness.

Oh, and speaking of Isskun, I think it's far past time to change the flag to the newer one I made a while back.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

So, It's been a while since I've posted anything here...

I've been thinking it over in my head of what I want the music of Tyran'fotius and Isskun to sound like. I've been searching for music that in my mind would sound like what I'd think would fit for These two nations (grant it, we're going to make our own music in the end, the following examples are simply that. Examples)

Tyran'fotius

My idea for Tyran'fotius was to have the music much like this one, all be it with hard metal rock and other extreme sounds to emphasize they're fiery nature. They are comparable in there government as kind of like a mix of Sparta and some very sight middle eastern vibes.

Isskun

As for Isskun, I was thinking sort of medieval sounding imperial music, that would fits a rising regime of fascism and one-mindedness.

Oh, and speaking of Isskun, I think it's far past time to change the flag to the newer one I made a while back.

I am sorry, i can't listen to 'Victory'. I plan on getting Battlecry by TSFH and I have promised myself to not listen to any of the songs from the two-CD album before getting it physically (I already have Invincible and Archangel).

That second song is called Preliator, by Globus. it is a remix of their parent-company immediate Music's top song, Lacrimosa. From the lyrics, which were written in Latin to give it a medieval-vibe, the song is about fanatical crusaders and their struggle. I like the militaristic feel to it as well, in fact i think that some of the battle songs should sound like this but with a Bionicle-vibe. However, Spherus Magna has a lot of ancient feels to it so some sort of an ancient near-east hybrid new age stuff should be mixed in appropriately to rip open the imagination to the maximum. I don't think we should use the song exactly because I know what the singers are saying and it doesn't fit in with modern Spherus Magna (maybe united Neala in the second era and it's holy wars against giants and antidermis, but not the modern day).

And the flag. i knew you would bring it up eventually. Thing is, while I love the new flag, I think the one currently on the front page fits more, since he is the ice mountains and he controls and sees everything in his territory. Has a nice ancient yet 'big brother' feel to it. I have been wondering on where the flag could be used, but I don't know. I want Iconox to have a flag containing 'the Sword of Certavus' and have magical swooshes spin around it, but I can't seem to get it right; I don't know who should use it then, maybe a custom fiefdom in the Great Mountains north of Neala. Want to give me a hand with that?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png