A good place to post pictures of mocs.

Vrokorta

I was wondering where a good place to post pictures of mocs is so I can post them here.

I already tried brickshelf I just don't know how to activate my account.

Edited by Vrokorta

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Brickshelf is one. A few others are flickr, deviantart and imgur. If you look up image hosting sites, you'll find quite a few, but on BZPower, brickshelf, majhost and the other mentioned sites are the most popular. I've also seen tumblr being used lately as a means to post images.

-Rez

EDIT: Also, please check out the Pictures Topic for future inquiries about pictures on BZP.

Edited by Reznas
  • Upvote 1

In addition to what Reznas said:

Brickshelf is not reliable, although its sister site Majhost seems to be down permanently. They run on the same kind of system so I wouldn't be certain of Brickshelf staying up.

I've hosted pictures on Tumblr before but the URLs of some of them tend to change occasionally, breaking the embedded images. I've still not picked over all my old posts and re-inserted the broken images, as some are just more trouble than they're worth. (Topics I've closed, for instance, need to be re-opened in order for me to edit the images I use in the closing posts, so I've taken to leaving them as they are and re-using the images later.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I would like to weigh in with my opinion if I may;

Despite it being a Yahoo affiliate, Flickr is miraculously okay. You can properly tag your photos and receive feedback from other users. You can also manage how they display six ways from Sunday and have a free basic in-browser editing program called Aviary that's pretty easy to use.

They ALSO have an app that you can install to your phone that allows you to upload, post and organize pictures as well as upload any photos you take automatically.

PLEASE NOTE that while it stores these photos as private (IE: YOUR EYES ONLY) that you must TURN OFF this feature if you do not wish to use it, as it is default.

It's also not Photobucket or Imgur, which is a definite plus.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Yeah, Flickr is pretty good, as Makaru explained. I wouldn't recommend Deviant Art, because while there are LEGO fan groups you can join, it isn't the safest in terms of the mature content that is displayed throughout pages of the site. BZPower has an official group on Flickr, which you can join.

I think either using Flickr or BZPower's own gallery system is the best option. I'm not sure about Imgur and Brickshelf, as I've never visited them as a actual user of their respective sites, and uploaded content.

Yeah, Flickr is pretty good, as Makaru explained. I wouldn't recommend Deviant Art, because while there are LEGO fan groups you can join, it isn't the safest in terms of the mature content that is displayed throughout pages of the site. BZPower has an official group on Flickr, which you can join.

I think either using Flickr or BZPower's own gallery system is the best option. I'm not sure about Imgur and Brickshelf, as I've never visited them as a actual user of their respective sites, and uploaded content.

Deviantart is large and bloated, some internet connections struggle to load it. Just checking in on it now and my internet which is three times faster than it was before (comcast never again) is having trouble. Of course this still pales in comparison to the old AOL dial up days, but it makes the site a less attractive option. Not sure about your mature content complaint, it's always locked behind a wall unless your account is listed as being a mature age - though if a poster doesn't flag their own content, some things may slip through. I actually can't remember a time in nearly three active years of having used it (for 'art' purposes when I was younger, but anyway) that I've seen real adult content out in the blue. Though there is a pretty large deal of lewd stuff, and profanity from some users (I'm not saying everyone is a sailor-mouth, but some are), which are valid concerns. I haven't actively used it in three years, so maybe my experience isn't quite so accurate to what's going on over there now.

Brickshelf has been struggling to stay online recently, it seems. It's still a good photo sharing site, but there's no community integration outside of linking to it from other websites.

I'd personally say Flickr is the best option - plus you can 'join' groups there as Rooster mentioned, to post your content to and get more attention (well you can do that on deviantart, too) , if your photos are near-professional quality, sometimes you will be featured by Explore (like deviantart's 'daily deviations', but far more than 10 a day are featured), which can give you a pretty serious signal boost. Three of my photographs so far have been featured, and the one least visited by explore viewers has double the view count than the next most popular photo of mine (2000-some views to 800 some views). The vast majority of those will be people have no interest in lego, but a handful may stick around to see what new content you make for the quality of your creations or photography.

I haven't used BZP's system, though, so I can't speak for that.

Edited by novuscarpus

You can find all of my mocs, custom parts, and other lego-related stuff at Flickr, Instagram, or Brickshelf.

• 1 month later...

You could upload them to the BZPower pictures.

This is true; members get a bit of Gallery space.

Do the above posts answer your question?

Yes, this helps. I forgot to follow the topic and I lost track of it, you can close it now.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!