Boshi - Toa of Plantlife

Well looky here. My first MOC post.

Boshi is a Toa of Plantlife who watches over his village. He was never a Matoran, so no one is exactly sure where he came from.

Boshi is very kind and warm-hearted, helping Matoran with anything they need. He loves animals, and often spends time alone in the forest, recollecting on the day and visiting with the wildlife.

With the Kanohi Miru, he is always safe in his home in the treetops, drifting from tree to tree like a bird Rahi. Wielding a scythe, he is capable of manipulating plants at his will. The three-pronged tip on the other end doubles as both a spear and a club.

Sometime soon I'll make a Matoran to go along with him. Until then, he's a loner.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/76824081@N08/sets/72157654212068575

Edited by Toa Vanson
  • Upvote 7

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Happy? You mean gappy?  :P  Yes, he's very flexible. That was intentional, since I've always seen Toa of Plantlife as very thin and lanky, like a monkey. Thanks for your feedback.

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

Thank you  :D . I don't MOC much, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing a lot of the time. Does anyone have any good MOCing tips?

EDIT: I'm also considering getting 4 more teal Y-joints for his upper arms. DO you guys think that would look better, as opposed to just a block of lime?

Edited by Toa Vanson

I saw yours. It looks very good.  :D

Thank you  :D

And a matoran companion sounds nice. Maybe we can make matoran companions a thing with Plantlife Toa

I was thinking of making a Chronicler's Company-esque group of Matoran, plus a couple extra Toa, to make a resistance team of sorts.

Edited by Toa Vanson

I saw yours. It looks very good. :D

Thank you :D

And a matoran companion sounds nice. Maybe we can make matoran companions a thing with Plantlife Toa

I was thinking of making a Chronicler's Company-esque group of Matoran, plus a couple extra Toa, to make a resistance team of sorts.

Well I'll be posting a how-to post on building my toa. It'll include how I create the palette, so maybe you can find use for it :D

I saw yours. It looks very good. :D

Thank you :D

Well I'll be posting a how-to post on building my toa. It'll include how I create the palette, so maybe you can find use for it :D

Possibly. I'll credit you if I do.

The arms have gaps, which kind of distract me from the whole model, I think an extra piece could be fitted in there to fill it up and his eyes are a bit hard to see, do you have any brighter eyepieces to use?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

The arm gaps are so the elbows can bend relatively far. There's not really any way to close that up without restricting mobility. There used to light blue eyes, but I lost my 1x1 light blue stud, so I had to find a different color.

The arm gaps are so the elbows can bend relatively far. There's not really any way to close that up without restricting mobility. There used to light blue eyes, but I lost my 1x1 light blue stud, so I had to find a different color.

You can fill gaps with the rubber covers on ear buds.

Since the arm pieces are those egg-shaped cams, I might just move the connection point up one axle hole.

You know, it's a rather simple design, but I quite like it. Kudos especially for making an innovative-looking staff, too. I don't think I'm sold on the waist and its articulation, and the lime green pieces on the legs seem to make things a bit too wide there. That said, I think the shoulders are an example of added width that works well with the proportions.

Nice job, I'd say!

• Upvote 1

You know, it's a rather simple design, but I quite like it. Kudos especially for making an innovative-looking staff, too. I don't think I'm sold on the waist and its articulation, and the lime green pieces on the legs seem to make things a bit too wide there. That said, I think the shoulders are an example of added width that works well with the proportions.

Nice job, I'd say!

Thank you! I'm not particularly happy with the waist/hips either, but anything else looked to big or awkward.

Edited by Toa Vanson

I like this, and applaud your use for custom limbs. I don't see it at all for Toa Mata-sized builds.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I like this, and applaud your use for custom limbs. I don't see it at all for Toa Mata-sized builds.

I use custom limbs for everything. There may or may not be a fully custom Metrutoran sized MOC in the future. 

I like this a lot! It’s simple, which in this case works in its favor, while having a lot of custom elements and not conforming to any preestablished build. It’s also old-school, which I love.

My only criticism is that while the color scheme is awesome, it could use a tiny bit more lime in the legs, but I know that's difficult, and it's not even that much of a concern; it's really the only thing that bothers me at all.

I know other people have mentioned the gappiness, and honestly I like it. It adds to the retro feel, and reminds you that it's BIONICLE, and not just an action figure, which is something that sometimes I feel the CCBS stuff gives off a bit too much.

Keep up the great work! :D

banner.jpg

Thank you! Old school is the only thing I know how to do well. I actually don't own any CCBS whatsoever. 

Unfortunately, I don't thank there's really any way to add more lime. If I replaced any of the turquoise parts in the legs, it would look too lime-heavy or off balance.

The gappiness is mainly because of the custom limbs, but it works well. Think of how gappy G1 limbs were, with all of the pin holes and pistons.