Kopaka 2015 Gijinka; Marker Sketch

.melancholiste

koolpackteaser_by_melancholiste-d8wgrzf.

I didn't slip

Original Colour

Original Sketch

A rather quick rendering of Kopaka humanized, drawn with Copic markers & gouache. Enjoy!

So, I've finally done it! After years of refusing to draw Bionicles, I finally gave in...

Koolpak's always been my favourite, so it was only natural that it'd be him. :guilty:

A big thanks to EandPi2333 for letting me fuse his version of Kopaker with this guy (I had to start somewhere ;))!

Edited by .melancholiste
  • Upvote 9

sig1.jpg

I love the lines that he has and the colors; he looks so intense!!  I also love the way you made his mask partially obscure his face, it makes him look very tactical.  Amazing work on him!!

You know well that low-brow intense glares is my thing! As for the masks, I imagine them to be all partial face coverings as opposed to a full helmet kind of thing. Thank you!

Amazingly intense! Your marker skills are tremendous.

Aww, thank you! ^_^

sig1.jpg

Daaaang, that is gorgeous. I will forever be jealous of people who can use markers like that. Also a fascinating take on a human Kopaka.

Thank ya! I'm glad you think he's interesting. ^_^

I have a clover mite to thank for the orange splat on the top left corner. It couldn't resist the kopaker. BLOODSHED

sig1.jpg

That's done with markers?! The artists here never cease to impress me, but you hit a new level, man. The art looks intense, awesome, and drawn/colored nicely. Kopaka has an expression that suits him greatly and I like how you included most of the mask despite making him human. Also, the anime look gives you bonus points. Excellent job!

mindeth the cobwebs