Where do YOU think Lego got the name NINJAGO from?

I always thought it was simply "Ninja" and "Go" put together. I wonder if it turned into a catchphrase amongst kids who got the spinners and battled each other. 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

As I understand it, it's a portmanteau of "Ninja" and "LEGO", though some things like the spinner instructions and certain promotional songs do use it as two words (Ninja Go) rather than one word (Ninjago). The pronunciation differs depending on the usage — the single-word theme name and location name is pronounced with the stress on the second syllable, while the word Ninja is pronounced with the stress on the first syllable.

• Upvote 2

"Go Ninja Go ninja Go Go"
"Go Ninja Go ninja Go Go"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEjL4GPpz8s

Wait that's probably copyrighted to turtles still if we make it one word maybe nobody will notice?

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

That was the only good scene from the 2014 TMNT movie.

Even though it was meant as a joke I should mention the song itself came from one of the original Turtles movies and I think it is Vanilla Ice who is singing it. That way nobody can say that Ninjago came first as the song itself is actually years older.
  • Upvote 3

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png