President Business

Neat.  Fairly simple but instantly recognizable.  I do like the shape that you managed to achieve for the helmet, especially with the McToran torso, very creative.    I guess my biggest complaint would be the connection of the leg at the "knee", I feel like the flow is interupted there.  But still, nice design!

:music:

Not a bad likeness. You have a good representation of the mini-figure itself and also whatever them leg things he is standing on are. I am guessing stilts but not sure. Maybe it is just a pedestal or alike.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Neat.  Fairly simple but instantly recognizable.  I do like the shape that you managed to achieve for the helmet, especially with the McToran torso, very creative.    I guess my biggest complaint would be the connection of the leg at the "knee", I feel like the flow is interupted there.  But still, nice design!

:music:

You mean those grey Y-joints? I was trying to make minifigure feet. Glad you like the helmet.

Not a bad likeness. You have a good representation of the mini-figure itself and also whatever them leg things he is standing on are. I am guessing stilts but not sure. Maybe it is just a pedestal or alike.

Thanks, in the movie they are like giant leg-extensions, similar to stilts.

IetTsFQ.png

The head is basically the only thing I see on this MOC that is good, the legs and feet are not good at all, you could had use those mata hands for something much better and the arms are really odd, especially having the PoF and PoI problem.

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

The head is basically the only thing I see on this MOC that is good, the legs and feet are not good at all, you could had use those mata hands for something much better and the arms are really odd, especially having the PoF and PoI problem.

Posting just to describe why you think a MOC is bad isn't only against BBC rules, it's also a great way to get disqualified/barred from entering BBC contests. Drop the unsporting behaviour, please.

• Upvote 2
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

I'm not allowed to have an opinion, that makes no sense at all. It not like I said "omg this is the worse MOC I have even seen, you shouldn't even MOC ever again", I just said that I didn't like it and why I don't like it, nothing more, nothing less, I just gave him my constructive criticism.

Also I'm not even entering in the contest.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I'm not allowed to have an opinion, that makes no sense at all. It not like I said "omg this is the worse MOC I have even seen, you shouldn't even MOC ever again", I just said that I didn't like it and why I don't like it, nothing more, nothing less, I just gave him my constructive criticism.

There's nothing constructive about posting 'this part is bad, and so is this one, and this part is really bad, this is the only good part'. If you want to help somebody, give them suggestions as to what else might work. 'Constructive' is not a synonym for 'harsh'.

Again: poor conduct in BBC can get you blocked from entering future contests, or even have you suspended for a time to rethink how you interact with the rest of the community. No more posting just to tear down other builders and their MOCs. Do you understand?

There's nothing constructive about posting 'this part is bad, and so is this one, and this part is really bad, this is the only good part'. If you want to help somebody, give them suggestions as to what else might work. 'Constructive' is not a synonym for 'harsh'.

Again: poor conduct in BBC can get you blocked from entering future contests, or even have you suspended for a time to rethink how you interact with the rest of the community. No more posting just to tear down other builders and their MOCs. Do you understand?

So, if I am to have an opinion that is not positive I am not allowed to state it? Constructive criticism is explaining why you don't like certain aspects of something in hopes of it being improved. Are we, as users not allowed to state our thoughts on something? This must be one closed, and awful community then. If we lack the right to state an opinion what else do we lack? Are we supposed to buy and worship every set LEGO produces as well? I mean, not everyone is going to like a certain moc, yet you expect your users to praise and love every creation plastered on this forum. 
Edited by BestBionicleMoccerEver

A proper critique isn't just about saying bad things about something. It has to be a balance of both good and bad views. For each bad thing you point out, you must either note a good thing or give advice or suggestions on how to improve. Otherwise your critique will be seen as hate and pose no value to either to original poster or the other viewers.

This is a great moc, especially for the size. It isn't easy to make Bionicle figures of that scale but you did great. If the hands look too big, a Y-Joint is always good. Here, the hands look a little disproportionate. Not enough to throw the model off, but it is a nitpick to the more detail oriented. Other than that, you did well. I wish you good luck in the challenge. :)

So, if I am to have an opinion that is not positive I am not allowed to state it? Constructive criticism is explaining why you don't like certain aspects of something in hopes of it being improved. Are we, as users not allowed to state our thoughts on something? This must be one closed, and awful community then. If we lack the right to state an opinion what else do we lack? Are we supposed to buy and worship every set LEGO produces as well? I mean, not everyone is going to like a certain moc, yet you expect your users to praise and love every creation plastered on this forum. 

There's a lot of space between blind praise and bashing a MOC. Well-thought, genuinely constructive posts are a valued part of the community and the best way for builders to help each other grow. There's a difference between calling something 'bad' and actually explaining what makes you dislike it.

If you have any further comments on this issue, PM me.

• Upvote 2

There's a lot of space between blind praise and bashing a MOC. Well-thought, genuinely constructive posts are a valued part of the community and the best way for builders to help each other grow. There's a difference between calling something 'bad' and actually explaining what makes you dislike it.

You're right, there is a fine line between criticizing something and blind praise. That's why I'm NOT comparing the two. You call people out on not liking a moc like having an opinion is a bad thing, must I praise this creation? If one should balance the good and the bad, I'd like to hear the positive things about getting your arm chopped off, the holocaust, ect. ect. Sometimes people just straight up don't like things. I don't see why users are crucified for disliking certain creations. 

Edited by BestBionicleMoccerEver
  • Upvote 1

You're right, there is a fine line between criticizing something and blind praise. That's why I'm comparing the two. You call people out on not liking a moc like having an opinion is a bad thing, must I praise this creation? If one should balance the good and the bad, I'd like to hear the positive things about getting your arm chopped off, the holocaust, ect. ect. Sometimes people just straight up don't like things. I don't see why users are crucified for disliking certain creations. 

Basically, constructive criticism is not saying that something is bad, and not really even saying what about it you dislike. Constructive criticism is saying what you like, what you dislike, and how the latter can be improved.

bBhcfWO.png