The Great Being Civil War: ideas are being solicited

As it has been recently confirmed by Greg F that he does not intend to complete the storyline in the near future, I am attempting an unofficial fan-fictional completion of it upon my own behalf. However, I find myself in need of awesome ideas for what, exactly, might happen if a bunch of Great Beings started throwing inventions at each other.

Currently we know that Teridax did not make the Skakdi Dream Fusion, so it seems logical that Velika was the inspiration, and if it was, then there is only one reason Velika would have for that. First, I presumed, he would get his systems in place, reveal himself as the Giver of Minds, then as a Matoran-bodied Great Being, and begin building support. Then he would visit the Fusion and say "I have a dream, creature. I dream of a planet where I am in charge, and the Malevolence is dead."

I decided to name Velika's party the Benevolence, and Angonce's the Malevolence for irony factor, as Velika thinks he's doing right. Alternate Teridax of course provides moral compass. Once the Dream takes place, I realized that of course Destiny would contradict the Dream if it decreed something undestined, and so of course there would be flaws in the dream, such as Miserix or the Malevolence surviving or the Shadowed One.

The problem of course is that I find myself in need of ideas for weird Great Being inventions, random Great Being events, or conflicts, that people would like to see happen in a Great Being civil war. Once this is all written up it will be posted here.

From my secret lair,

The Mad Great Being

ha ha I survived the bomb

Sleep spares him pain! Awake, he suffers!

When biking, I utter this at least twenty times in one week:
"SEND THESE CARS TO KARZAHNI!!"

Read here for the REAL story of Makuta's downfall!
The Concealed Battle: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...p;#entry6990269

The last missing piece of Bionicle saga! What happened to Tarduk's second journey?
Power of the Maze: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...=0#entry7264251

I always took it that Spherus Magna was actually at one point our Earth. With a distant future perspective of how our world would change after events of transcendence. The Great Beings actually being the first self aware AIs we created.

Someone get Alvis up in this.

Xenoblade Chronicles, anyone? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 3

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Both sides would try to get Takanuva on their side, since his destiny is in here.

The shadowed one would probably play both sides, providing mercenaries to whomever pays.

The vorox would either remain neutral or join the Toa, depending on how that business on Bota Magna turned out.

Tahu would be de facto general of the armed forces, Jaller likely being second-in-command, or a fairly highly ranked advisor.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I myself am working on some fan fiction (plus video game mod) with some friends that continues Bionicle's original continuity (my banner). If what you say about the Golden-Skinned Skakdi Fusion is true, then I really need to rework some stuff.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

To be clear, we don't have confirmation that Velika was behind the Golden Skinned Being.

I guess that's why it's fan-fiction.

What would great beings make? A giant robot Not sure, but it's confirmed by Greg that the Great Beings are only the nuclear physicist equivalent of their race, but as we don't hear anything about the rest of their race, a Great Being Species civil war could explain this. Did the Great Beings kill off the rest of their race for science? Was there some science versus religion war that lead to the Great Beings being exiled to Spherus Magna, or kicking the losers off Spherus Magna? It would also explain why the Great Beings are so anti-war during the Core War, while being able to create murderous machines like the Baterra.

I fear that Sphereus Magna is Jupiter-size, and in any case was never intended to be our earth. The Great Beings have been confirmed by Greg F to be of the Glatorian species, numbering no more than 20 (though whether there were more in the past is unknown; I posit about 100), nor have they ever space travelled aside from Mata Nui; Bota Magna is the closest they got, and that was involuntary. They were posited to be super-geniuses, with minds that must have had telepathy or they could not have eaten out of Annona: I'm pretty sure the Civil War would have revealed how they arose.

I was thinking in terms of what crazy inventions might Great Beings have thrown into the field. Sahmad as Element Lord of Iron, pocket suva,....come on, ideas here!

The Concealed Battle: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...p;#entry6990269

The last missing piece of Bionicle saga! What happened to Tarduk's second journey?

To be clear, we don't have confirmation that Velika was behind the Golden Skinned Being.

Ah. His wording made it sound otherwise. Thanks for the clarification. :D

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Since you're already going with planned but unused content, my first thought would be to bring in the Element Lords and bionic dinosaurs in some fashion.  The Red Star plotline also comes to mind.  It'd also be interesting to see if the tensions between SM and MU societies could be used to make this civil war even greater, but since opinions on the Great Beings are mixed on all sides that might be a little tricky.

As for inventions, revamped Exo-Toa would be something I'd really like to see, and maybe some creatures akin to Vahki and Bohrok. (Or maybe the Bohrok/Bahrag themselves being involved, as they no longer have a purpose with the GSR out of commission.) If the GBs already have technology for disabling Elemental Powers, then it's also possible they can cancel out Kanohi or Kaita (even Makuta can cancel out Kaita), which would put the Toa on completely equal grounds with the Glatorian.  It also could be possible that the GBs could create a new, perhaps slightly altered group of Toa completely loyal to them.  I'd also expect someone will probably want to go after the three Legendary Kanohi, even if just to keep track of them.

Hope the story goes well for you! :)

• Upvote 2

The Great Beings have been confirmed by Greg F to be of the Glatorian species

I don't ever recall this being confirmed. Do you have a source on this?

Since you're already going with planned but unused content, my first thought would be to bring in the Element Lords and bionic dinosaurs in some fashion.

The Element Lords were actually used in-story, in the serial Riddle of the Great Beings. Tarduk and two other Agori come into contact with all the ELs except the EL of Earth and the EL of Sand.

Sorry, I don't have many ideas for a GB civil war. I thought I'd just clear some things up.

Edited by Iku

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

An interesting quote on the GBs:

SInce we don't have many pictures of the Great Beings, I was wondering what they look like. I know Velika disguised himself as a Matoran, but in most of the pictures of unnamed Great Beings they don't look like Bionicles at all! Are they totally organic? And I was also wondering what turned Velika evil.

I always saw them as being most likely of the same species as the Glatorian. We never discussed the concept of them coming from some other world or anything like that. But exactly what they look like was never determined.

Source

• Upvote 1

An interesting quote on the GBs:

SInce we don't have many pictures of the Great Beings, I was wondering what they look like. I know Velika disguised himself as a Matoran, but in most of the pictures of unnamed Great Beings they don't look like Bionicles at all! Are they totally organic? And I was also wondering what turned Velika evil.

I always saw them as being most likely of the same species as the Glatorian. We never discussed the concept of them coming from some other world or anything like that. But exactly what they look like was never determined.

Source

Intersting, the Skrall were related to the Glatorian species, & Greg said that he assumed the Great Beings were similar to the Glatorian. It is possible that the Great Beings used to co-exist with the residents of Spheres Magna, but they eventually evolved (development of creativity), similar to how some Rock Agori evolved into Bone Hunters. And the Agori-Glatorian society was having a considerable amount of trouble fixing & relying on previous technology. Perhaps this is due to the certain kind of evolution of the Great Beings that I have in mind.  ^_^

Edited by Toa of Cinema

Onua.png

• 3 weeks later...

I, the Mad Great Being, wish to announce that I have successfully written the draft for the Real and Ultimate End of Bionicle.

It takes the general shape of three full-length books, though no doubt GF would have split the content up among various serials, podcasts, comics and novels, as is usually the way when dealing with people of short attention span, most unlike myself who prefers a long book. After all, my library kept coming alive every time I went near it, and one grows tired of being bitten by pages; but now that the Ignika has cured me, I can read my head off.

Where was I? Oh yes, I'm still not quite sane.

The first book is named "Benevolence". It contains the interrupted serials as beginning, and my part takes up from where I was nearly destroyed. I saw my brother in the bushes. He had a small body, and it was a body of our creation. He was hurting the stones, and they screamed, and their scream was heat, but the heat came to life near me, and I lived....but he killed the little ones. Why did he kill the little ones? The Matoran died, Axonn died...

Forgive me, the memory haunts me even yet.

It was when the Benevolence came out of the fortress where the Red Star was built that Velika revealed himself, and revealed as well how he gave minds to his creations. He warned us that the Great Beings were divided, one faction led by him being the Benevolence, and the rest calling themselves the Malevolence. How ironic, for the Benevolence is most decidedly malevolent, and the Malevolence has no intrest in domination.

The book ends with Velika meeting the Skakdi Fusion.....

Book Two, MALEVOLENCE, describes the brand-new perfect society Velika called up from scratch via the Skakdi Fusion, and problems surfacing in it as people began to become aware of a time gap in their memories. The strategies of the benign Malevolence and the malevolent Benevolence play across the society, neither side caring for anything except to win. Velika transforms an entire cityful of beings into monsters, while the Malevolence creates a Great-Being-eating astral spider that consumes Heremus. Meanwhile, Alternate Teridax and the Element Lord of Earth gather the fugitives from Velika and the flaws in Velika's great dream, and unleash the Great Being Civil War.

Book Three, MALEFICIENCE, concerns the Great Being Civil War. The last remaining Original Skakdi, some from the Red Star and one survival from the MU, penetrate the Skakdi Mountains and encounter the Shadowed One, who is trying to control Destiny Itself, as well as a new Makuta who has browbeaten the Skakdi under his rule and slain the Fusion. Drinking from the Well of Destiny, they discover how the Great Beings arose. Krahka, penetrating the Maze, is caught by the sinister Malevolence GB who made the Mind-spider. She shapeshifts into...the Great Being. All she gets off is one mental blast that flattens the other before her new power overwhelms her and she faints. Angonce tells her she will now become a Great Being for good, if she survives.

As war unfurls across Bara Bagna, I watch in some dismay from where I assist Teridax in his concealed lair, and I fear, for the mind-spider shakes the astral realm, and it will eat all our minds, Benevolent or Malevolent alike, if Mata Nui cannot kill it. But the First Matoran, the Toa of Light, has my share in destiny I poured into him, and no Great Being's direct action can harm him. I hope he reaches Velika's true body in time.

(And yes, there is love in Bionicle. What happens when a female Agori falls in love with a very fuddled Lewa, whose ultimate ideas of intimacy is touching maskless faces? What happens when a female Matoran lives with Tarduk and doesn't know about clothes and bathrooms, walking in on him? Perhaps Ignika can transform the Bionicles to be capable of biologic reproduction.)

• Upvote 2

I remember reading somewhere about a cancelled Shadow Toa Ahkmou set, but I don't know if it was originally planned for 2008 or 2011. It would've been great to see an epic Toa of Light vs Toa of Shadow battle, with a Great Beings war raging around them. That would've been such a great finale. 

EDIT: Yep, it was planned for 2008.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Right.  That canceled set lead to the in-universe idea that Icarax had been planning to make Ahkmou into a Shadow Matoran, but ended up attacking Takanuva instead.

I wasn't aware that Toa Ahkmou had been (somewhat) recognized in-story. Nice of Greggory to put that thought in there. :)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Currently we know that Teridax did not make the Skakdi Dream Fusion,

Whoa, wait what? Source please.

• Upvote 2

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Actually, I had a battle of Alternate Teridax vs. at least seven Shadow Toa. And yes, he used the Mask of Shadows.

Ahkmou also figures in this, but as a Matoran. I had him run across Metus and Sahmad and they reacted for a while. When they realized the Great Beings were going to war, Ahkmou and Metus fled for the hills.

I always took it that Spherus Magna was actually at one point our Earth. With a distant future perspective of how our world would change after events of transcendence. The Great Beings actually being the first self aware AIs we created.

Someone get Alvis up in this.

Xenoblade Chronicles, anyone? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You called?

• Upvote 3
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 1 month later...

The first chapter has been released, in the Epics forum, as "The Great Being Civil War".

Edited by The Mad Great Being