Similarities Between G1 and G2

Has anyone else noticed some similarities between the original generation and new generation? I've noticed Skull Slicer kinda looks like Nocturn.

It's a bit of a stretch, and only applies to the sets, but think about it. Both are green (to an extent), both wield silver swords, both have long whip-esque weapons, both have four arms, etc. Of course, it could just be me, but what do you think? Also, what other similarities between G1 and G2 have you found?

Golly gee! It's almost like the designers designed the designs with the old designs in mind! Spooky huh!

In terms of odd similarities though, the fikou are pretty weird, with their skull spiderocity.

People seem to dislike the hand pieces but they forget that the Toa Mata also had hands that were way worse, so that's something.

But I see G2 Bionicle being the Teen Titans Go! of Bionicle.

Just like to comment on this though, TTG was a complete flanderization of all the characters and a restructure of the show so much to the point that they're not even the same thing. The other one made one character bad at telling jokes.

• Upvote 5

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

But I see G2 Bionicle being the Teen Titans Go! of Bionicle.

Just like to comment on this though, TTG was a complete flanderization of all the characters and a restructure of the show so much to the point that they're not even the same thing. The other one made one character bad at telling jokes.

True, true, but later on I can see it becoming more like TTG in comparison.

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I mean, there are bound to be a lot of similarities (some intentional, some coincidental), considering they're two generations of the same property. It's not like they're going out of their way to avoid doing anything in G2 that had been done in G1.

The comparison between Skull Spiders and Fikou has obviously been made. The Protectors are obviously quite similar in concept to the Turaga (the Turaga were even described in 2001 as the protectors of their Toa's legends). The wall inscribed with the Prophecy of Heroes is reminiscent of Ta-Koro's Wall of History. The scene where the Protector of Fire encounters Tahu very plainly echoes the scene from Mata Nui Online Game where Vakama encounters Tahu. The Toa go on a mask quest similar to (but shorter than) their mask quest in 2001. And all of the promotional transparent masks that have been distributed through various promotions seem to be reminiscent of the "Transparent Lewa Mask" given out at LEGOLAND parks in 2001 — flashy-looking but without any particular storyline significance.

• Upvote 4