LEGO to Make Captain America: Civil War Sets

Variety has revealed the list of partners that Marvel is working with to create tie-in products for next year's Captain America: Civil War movie, which comes out on May 6th next year. In addition to other companies such as Hasbro, Funko, Hot Wheels, Rubies, Kellogg's, and more, LEGO will be creating sets based on the film. I believe this is the first time LEGO will be making sets based directly on a Captain America movie, so it's certainly something to look forward to!

View the full article

It'll probably be only 2-4 small sets, but I'm excited nonetheless. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Although it sounds like the name of the movie will be problematic for Lego, given the rules it has against military themes...

It's fine. They had Nazi soldiers in the Indiana Jones sets, didn't they? And Star Wars has "military themes". You're just not going to see sets based on a real war, or a fictional war with people getting shot and killed regularly.

Interesting to hear about Lego branching out with more Marvel sets. Although it sounds like the name of the movie will be problematic for Lego, given the rules it has against military themes...

~B~

No more problematic than "Star Wars", which has been going strong for over a decade...

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

A lot of the previous Marvel sets were really cool, so I look forward to seeing these when they come out. 

Though I'll probably do what I did with the Avengers 2 sets and avoid looking at them until after I see the movie, just in case they spoil something from it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Although it sounds like the name of the movie will be problematic for Lego, given the rules it has against military themes...

It's fine. They had Nazi soldiers in the Indiana Jones sets, didn't they? And Star Wars has "military themes". You're just not going to see sets based on a real war, or a fictional war with people getting shot and killed regularly.

to be fair, the Indy sets featured genericised nazi soldeirs, and only fanatasy or generic military vehicles to go with them,

(but i'm p sure the cap movie is gonna be "war"-related in title only*, so it'll probs be like, yeha, how they used star-wars. :u)

*and i guess war/military themed by nature of being captain america too.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png