Light and Shadow Skakdi

I would think that anybody in the MU could become a being of Shadow, voluntarily or otherwise; but unless Spiriah used all of the MU elemental powers while he was experimenting on them, I don't think there are any Skakdi of Light or Shadow.

Edited by SilverCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

While I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a Skakdi with light as their element existing in the MU, I highly doubt that any of them have said element. Especially since Spiriah 'gave' the Skakdi their elemental powers. I really don't see him purposefully giving a Skakdi that element.

Shadow, on the other hand, is an element I could see a Skakdi possessing. Though maybe to a rarer extent than the other elements.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

None were created, and shadow and light seems like an almost impossibility for skakdi to become as they lack the mental concentration; while I bet the draining of a skakdi via a shadow leach could create a shadow skakdi, and as their race has become twisted and inherently evil (probably some exceptions out there as always) it would be more in their nature to stay that way. I can only see there being one light skakdi in all of history, one that will probably exist in the future, correct the errs of his bodily makeup and try to lead a band of skakdi to a new beginning.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

It's likely that any skakdi can gain the mental focus to channel their elemental powers without the need for a partner or a weapon, but it would be difficult for them to do so. Skakdi of light would be non existent and there wouldn't be any true skakdi of shadow, just those that can manipulate their anger and fear.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Toa Smoke Monster makes a good point about Skakdi of Light: if the Brotherhood was so worried about a Toa of Light ever existing, I doubt that one of them would purposefully give Elemental Powers of light to a Skakdi. But theoretically a Skakdi of Light would be very moral yet very violent. I imagine they'd get angry very quickly at any injustice or evil they saw and would be the first to join the fight against it.

Skakdi of Shadow would be downright nasty.

Edit: Although one question that comes to mind is: if it's possible for a Skakdi to drain their light by doing immoral things and become Skakdi of Shadow, why didn't this happen to any of the Skakdi we met? They don't seem to have done much good in their lives...

Edited by Thormen

If you want to willingly become a being of Shadow, you must consciously reject your inner Light. As has been said several times, Skakdi probably don't have the mental focus to do that. To become a being of Light, you must banish your inner darkness, and the only characters seen that were able to do that were the Melding AU Makuta, and Greg said it was hard even for them, so I doubt that Skakdi, who are much less mentally disciplined than a Makuta, could do it.

And yes, doubt Spiriah would want to give Skakdi Light powers. The Makuta wanted there to be as little Light elementals as possible, which is partially why they used Shadow Leeches on the Av-Matoran in Karda Nui (the other reason was to create potential Toa of Shadow).

• Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Yes, but I didn't mean them becoming Shadow Skakdi willingly, but accidentally. Apparently Roodaka mostly focussed on the emotions of anger and aggression to develop Shadow powers, you don't have to tell a Skakdi to do that, they do it willingly.

As has been said, I don't imagine Spiriah would give any Skakdi Light powers. I bet he would give at least some Shadow, though.

Also of note is that, while moral Light/Shadow and elemental Light/Shadow are often related, they aren't exactly the same. Take post-Shadow Leech Gavla, for example: an Av-Matoran, yet cynical and bitter, wishing she was still of Shadow. Or alternate Teridax just prior to the total shunning of his inner darkness: apparently he still had elemental Shadow powers at that point, but he would still have been nearly as noble and wise as the fully-light Teridax we encountered. Not only that, but in Skakdi, the tie between elemental affiliations and morality are probably weaker than they are in other beings, since the affiliations are artificial. My point in all this is that Skakdi of Shadow need not be any nastier than Skakdi of other varieties.

(That said, if I may be allowed a brief digression, I've always imagined that at the time of Spiriah's experiments, a handful of Skakdi diplomats, merchants, and the like were off the island, and as such remained powerless and benevolent. Quite possibly some would have wound up killed by their violent and powerful brethren upon their return, but I imagine others would have survived, some possibly joining the Order of Mata Nui.)

• Upvote 3

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Oh, I am so definitely going to use these ideas in my Great Being Civil War epic. I already have Brutaka creating a whole new Makuta out of a Toa of Iron using the Antidermis Pool, via secrets he found in the Red Star Tower, and this Makuta taking over the Skakdi by defusing Goldie and beating up anyone who objects; he could easily with mental powers aid the Skakdi concentration ability in training. And he would be benign, so he would certainly want to create a Skakdi of Light, if for no other reason than to impress his host.

(begins Mad Great Being cackle....)

Sleep spares him pain! Awake, he suffers!

When biking, I utter this at least twenty times in one week:
"SEND THESE CARS TO KARZAHNI!!"

Read here for the REAL story of Makuta's downfall!
The Concealed Battle: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...p;#entry6990269

The last missing piece of Bionicle saga! What happened to Tarduk's second journey?
Power of the Maze: http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...=0#entry7264251