Review: Vanquished Alliance

Irrie

Would that include Mokuii? Because Mokuii was in the tower, but is also a Rahi (dog-like, in nature) I'm unsure of whether or not it applies.

Second and third question, have I been using Bronze as a backpack or something this whole time, and is the Bronze Armour in there as well?

I wondered the same thing... If there were members in the Tower at the time of the copy, did it clone them, too?

On the subject of Bronze, since he's a member, I'm guessing he likely was involved in the earlier civil war that broke out among the Force. Irrie describes that event as either killing or scattering the members. Either he's temporarily "dead," or is wandering around somewhere, staying out of the way of the Staffers. 

Or he was imprisoned, as many underlings were, and I've been using him as a backpack since.

Would that include Mokuii? Because Mokuii was in the tower, but is also a Rahi (dog-like, in nature) I'm unsure of whether or not it applies.

Second and third question, have I been using Bronze as a backpack or something this whole time, and is the Bronze Armour in there as well?

I wondered the same thing... If there were members in the Tower at the time of the copy, did it clone them, too?

On the subject of Bronze, since he's a member, I'm guessing he likely was involved in the earlier civil war that broke out among the Force. Irrie describes that event as either killing or scattering the members. Either he's temporarily "dead," or is wandering around somewhere, staying out of the way of the Staffers. 

Or he was imprisoned, as many underlings were, and I've been using him as a backpack since.

Maybe his armor was destroyed. Then he'd just be a mask. The Staffers might have taken him into special custody, since there's no way a mask can break out of anything.

Unless... Unless he has a suit of armor similar to Tony's Heartbreaker armor. You know, the faulty one which flies to him on command? That'd be pretty cool, I think. :) Staff try to imprison him as a mask, and the mask just calls the broken armor to him and restores his body. 

And since no one would be guarding a mask, there'd be no one to stop him. Could easily have escaped. Unless he was in the Tower... 

NEW THEORY! :D Bronzejet was killed during the battle, but since he's a mask, his form was easily copied into the Spiegel Stone along with the Tower. Now that the Tower has been restored, so has Bronze! 

Irrie, how close am I? :P

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

That's a problem that I've noticed while I was writing it. 

IcarusBen's fate will be revealed in the next chapter, while the rest of the KF affiliates and members were scattered following the destruction of the tower. They either assumed new identities or went into hiding. 

I might use a few of them in the future, but I think that IcarusBen will be the only one involved in the current arc. 

And no, the Spiegel Stone only copied inorganic material within the area. So that means that if someone was wearing armor during the time of the copying, a copy of the armor would be placed into the new tower, but not the being itself. So I suppose that that would depend on if Bronze had any organic material on him. If not, then a second one was created. 

bZpOwEr

That's a problem that I've noticed while I was writing it. 

IcarusBen's fate will be revealed in the next chapter, while the rest of the KF affiliates and members were scattered following the destruction of the tower. They either assumed new identities or went into hiding. 

I might use a few of them in the future, but I think that IcarusBen will be the only one involved in the current arc. 

And no, the Spiegel Stone only copied inorganic material within the area. So that means that if someone was wearing armor during the time of the copying, a copy of the armor would be placed into the new tower, but not the being itself. So I suppose that that would depend on if Bronze had any organic material on him. If not, then a second one was created. 

Are Kanohi Organic?

Not normally.

So he was cloned.

Though I do believe a Heartbreaker-style bronze armor is in order for the sapient Kakama eventually.

While we're discussing things that would have been copied with the Tower, another thing to consider is the vehicles. A few of the comedy chapters have features them before, but we haven't seen things like Flamewing and Kovika's Frost Cycle. Since many of the members either don't have vehicles or haven't mentioned what they are, you might ask about and include everyone's transport in the parking garage if they should feel a need to retrieve them. Just a thought. :)

But, like I said, my vehicles would likely be on-call in the Coliseum. I can remotely activate the Marendar and the ShadeCycle, but then the Staffers would just follow them straight to us. (P.S. The Marendar can carry the ShadeCycle on its back when the time comes.) Since we don't want the Staff finding us, best to save mine for later. :)

(A note on Flamewing: since it's basically a giant mass of elemental Fire tied to a burial urn and powered by Arzaki, I imagine it would have been copied. If the powered urn was in the Tower, Arzaki should be able to wake the phoenix from the copy.)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Could you add a page for Mokuii and another for the Bronze Armor?

Sure. Just two questions:

1) What exactly is the Mokuii

and

2) Isn't Bronjet's body comprised of the Bronze Armor? That sort of thing should go in the "Powers and Abilities" section, if that's the case.

Edited by T1Shadow: The Artisan

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Would that include Mokuii? Because Mokuii was in the tower, but is also a Rahi (dog-like, in nature)

Technically, his body is the Kakama, the armor is just something he pilots in order for interaction to be capable.

Okay, got it. Either way, I added a whole section in Powers and Abilities dedicated to the armor. You can add to it as you see fit. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Also makes me jealous of the lack of attention I get in this.

I've noticed this, too. I'm guilty of the same--all authors are. You get so into telling the story you start to focus in more on the characters you like writing for the best. Me, for example--When doing my comics, I tend to focus more on certain characters because of how well they work for me. 

But yeah, the rest of you need more screen time, I agree.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Also makes me jealous of the lack of attention I get in this.

I've noticed this, too. I'm guilty of the same--all authors are. You get so into telling the story you start to focus in more on the characters you like writing for the best. Me, for example--When doing my comics, I tend to focus more on certain characters because of how well they work for me. 

But yeah, the rest of you need more screen time, I agree.

Sorry, Jakura. 

But yeah, I am no exception to that rule. Shadow, being the creator of the universe, as well as wielding a huge array of powers and secrets, is a great character to write about. Alas, in some of my recent chapters I've given him a huge amount of screen time, while only using the other characters when they're needed or just to be there (i.e. Arzaki appearing with Shadow at my hut. (But I was able to salvage this by giving Arzaki an epic moment in his confrontation against Rustam.)) 

Anyway, the short-term story that I'm planning will involve Kovika some more, who I haven't used since the very beginning of the story with Finbarr. I've also been trying to figure out how I can incorporate Ghiddy in some more, since he is the b0ss of the Kanohi Force after all. 

Edited by Irrie: The Loremaster
  • Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

• 2 weeks later...

“No! Get back, it’s mine!” he screamed as he put the mask on his face. He shot a blast of energy at the rahi, reducing it and the tree to mere vapors. 

“My lovely mask, he wanted to hurt you! But don’t worry, I’ll keep you nice and safe from spooky thing like it.” 

#PetewaIsGollum2k15

EDIT: This chapter encouraged me to put a wingpack on my self-moc.

Edited by Dragon11603
  • Upvote 2

“No! Get back, it’s mine!” he screamed as he put the mask on his face. He shot a blast of energy at the rahi, reducing it and the tree to mere vapors. 

“My lovely mask, he wanted to hurt you! But don’t worry, I’ll keep you nice and safe from spooky thing like it.” 

#PetewaIsGollum2k15

*prepares eyebeams*

Freaking great conclusion! The last words said? Not sure where you got that, but I'm quoting it! Couldn't even tell I wasn't me.

Say, now that the force of destruction has been defeated in that future, what became of us? Making peace with the mods?

• Upvote 1

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Freaking great conclusion! The last words said? Not sure where you got that, but I'm quoting it! Couldn't even tell I wasn't me.

Say, now that the force of destruction has been defeated in that future, what became of us? Making peace with the mods?

I'll be adding a partial summary of that in the conclusion. 

But basically the staffers grant the Kanohi Force permission to continue operating, and they go on various missions to maintain peace throughout the various dimensions. 

bZpOwEr

But basically the staffers grant the Kanohi Force permission to continue operating, and they go on various missions to maintain peace throughout the various dimensions. 

Ooh, now there's a story I can't wait to read! :D You'll be working with Petewa extensively, I presume.

...... Vanquished Alliance is seriously the greatest piece of literature I've ever read. And I've read Tolkein and Crichton, mind you. You have completely blown me away, Irrie.

Dude, Tolkien's nothing compared to the genius that is Terry Brooks. His Shannara series is the best thing I've ever read! But I have to say, Irrie, you have shown yourself to have incredible potential, and I look forward to reading more of your masterpieces in the future! :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

And now for the long-awaited-expected Ghidora-somehow-cares review.

Despite the fact that you are a newb, and nearly as disturbing as me, you have more than earned your right to be called a professional writer. Although some areas were a little skittish, and others dragged out, you pulled it together nicely. Perhaps you can help me in my epic as well. ;)

So, in comparison to some great epics like Voltex's Extermination, i give you a 9/10 for absolutely blowing me away with your writing ability. :D

Irrie,

That bloody author's note...

You might be a fellow I argue with as far as KF story goes, but, well, I for once don't have any words to say..

*Bro hugs*

You're welcome for the assistance.

*Suckerpunches w/ knuckles made of ice*

That was for not noticing I wasn't me. :P

(In all seriousness, 9.89/10! Great job buddy!)

-K

• Upvote 1

(In all seriousness, 9.89/10! Great job buddy!)

9.89/10? this defeats the purpose of the number rating.

Kovika don't need no purpose to rate. Kovika rates what he wants. Kovika never forgets. Kovika never forgives.
True