Lizardmen, Makuta, and more! (HUGE set of MOCs)

Okay, I've got a massive pic dump of all my best builds of the last year or so to show off, so let's not waste time on exposition. (Except this: My good camera broke earlier this year, hence the potato quality on some of the images. This new phone sucks.)
Recent builds:

Lizardmen: http://imgur.com/a/myh3l
These two are the ones I'm most satisfied with, as they feel complete and free of major gaps.

Makuta: http://imgur.com/a/Xi5zd
Obviously he makes a comeback. Attempted to use mostly 2001 Rahi parts, to get a more rough, mechanical feel.

Evangelion and Skull Angel: http://imgur.com/a/CFYhV
Both were started as single components and built off that, with an arm for the EVA, and a Mata torso for Skully.

Akaku and The Mysterious Stranger: http://imgur.com/a/H8cTX
Akaku is an old character from about a year ago that I refined into a more final version earlier this year. The Mysterious Stranger is actually a revamp of an older build as well, but the original is lost, due to needing white pieces for other stuff..[CORRECTION: I never bothered to take a decent photo of him alone. You can see the original in my avatar.]

Takua Nuva and others: http://imgur.com/a/2dNeR
Toa Of Light, Captain of the Guard, and a ninja character. Nothing too special here, really.

And from late 2014 through mid-2015, we have:
Mini Bahrag and Exo-Toa (2014): http://imgur.com/a/3IjzV
Never owned either set, decided to do minis from my interpretation of the old photos I had seen in catalogues, but lacked correctly-coloured pieces to do something particularly amazing.

Titan Toa Mata:http://imgur.com/a/XJWPf
Toa Mata-based characters, with what few correctly coloured masks I had. The Lizardmen borrow heavily from their torso and limb builds.

Well, that's about it for now, unless I dig up some old experiment later. Hope you like what you see here, there'll be much more coming later in the year, hopefully.

Edited by Kathaarian
  • Upvote 3

"You know, there's something to be said for the simplicity of an axe and a couple nudges with the barrel of a Cordak as a way of getting others to cooperate." - Some Skakdi I just made up to say that quote

These a really cool. I really like the lizard men, especially the black the with his bone like spikes. My only problems are with the red ones upper arms because they look like elbows,  making his whole arm appear to have two elbows. Also the red ones weapon stands out due to the fact its trans purple, but I can excuse this because its a weapon and can be taken off.

Makuta is really amazing! I really like the sorta hunching feel on him as well as the use of tubes. Also the Infected Hau shoulder pads are cool as well as the fact you turned his staff into a scythe like in he movie. Mine main complaint is his foot size. I do understand what you were going for with the treads, but the foot size is still unnerving. also the leg width when it comes to size it rather annoying, but besides those two things, this is a really great Moc! :)

EVA and Angel are pretty cool. I have no idea what Evangelian is, so I have no reference point. EVA is my favorite because of those big tire shoulder pads, I like those a lot for some reason I'm not sure why. I really have no complaints with it besides maybe the slight gaps in the torso. Angel on the other hand I don't really like. Maybe its the nuva armor hips, or the wide spread shoulders, but I just don't really like it. The torso is really odd because of those hips that appear to stick out in front of the chest armor. I may like it better if I knew what it was meant to be, because then the torso design might make more sense

This mysterious stranger is pretty cool. I like the nice strong legs you gave him, my only complaint is that the knee armor is gunmetal, which stands out among the lighter colors. Akaku seems pretty basic, I cant think of much do say about him besides that he has a custom torso, which is always nice. Also the blue on ice ax stands out, but not much due to the trans light blue on the torso.  

I must say, Takua Nuva is awesome, I especially like chroniclers staff spear and(whats up with me and shoulders today? First the lizard mans shoulder spikes, next, Eva's tire shoulders and now this).  The ninja guy is cool, I really like the thin lower arms, which I find ninja-ish. I'm going to assume the other guy is supposed to be Jaller. My main complaint with him is the chest plate which appears to be darker than everything else, of course this could just be the lighting.

I really like these mini sets. It is amazing how you fit the functions into them. My only gripe is the Bahrags green teeth and claws, which I can assume is due to lack of parts.

Finally, the Titan Mata. I can't really say much about them besides the fact that they do look similar to their smaller counter parts. My only complaints is the red on Gali, and the over use of gunmetal on Lewa, which for both I can understand your lack of parts, as you had said. Besides those things. These are pretty cool (Especially Kopaka  :D )

The potato quality on some images.

You gotta love autocorrect  :P .

Edited by The Skakdi Chronicler
  • Upvote 1

EVA and Angel are pretty cool. I have no idea what Evangelian is, so I have no reference point. EVA is my favorite because of those big tire shoulder pads, I like those a lot for some reason I'm not sure why. I eally have no complaints with it besides maybe the slight gaps in the torso. Angel on the other hand I don't really like. Maybe its the nuva armor hips, or the wide spread shoulders, but I just don't really like it. The torso is really odd because of those hips that appear to stick out in front of the chest armor. I may like it better if I knew what it was meant to be, because then the torso design might make more sense

http://fc02.deviantart.net/images/i/2003/39/5/2/Eva_Unit_01_vs_Sachiel.jpg

That's the EVA and Angel I was using for inspiration. I've seen people do some good imitations of the anime designs, but not much custom units or angels.

I really like these mini sets. It is amazing how you fit the functions into them. My only gripe is the Bahrags green teeth and claws, which I can assume is due to lack of parts.

Finally, the Titan Mata. I can't really say much about them besides the fact that they do look similar to their smaller counter parts. My only complaints is the red on Gali, and the over use of gunmetal on Lewa, which for both I can understand your lack of parts, as you had said. Besides those things. These are pretty cool (Especially Kopaka  :D )

The potato quality on some images.

You gotta love autocorrect  :P .

Titan Mata were made before I got an enormous crate of 2001-2003 sets. I was going to redo them, but then I made other stuff. As always, Kopaka was the greatest.

Minis were made before I even moved to the city and got G2, and I'm extremely surprised at how good they came out.

As for potato, that was on purpose. Pretty sure a bowl of french fries would take better pictures.

I must say, Takua Nuva is awesome, I especially like chroniclers staff spear and(whats up with me and shoulders today? First the lizard mans shoulder spikes, next, Eva's tire shoulders and now this).  The ninja guy is cool, I really like the thin lower arms, which I find ninja-ish. I'm going to assume the other guy is supposed to be Jaller. My main complaint with him is the chest plate which appears to be darker than everything else, of course this could just be the lighting.

Takua Nuva actually has horrible balance, believe it or not. And hollow legs, but that's just another purchase away from a fix.

The ninja was intended to be a feminine character, but Bionicle doesn't do that well on that scale.

As for Jaller, his chestplate is standard silver like the rest of him. Probably just lighting or overexposure.

"You know, there's something to be said for the simplicity of an axe and a couple nudges with the barrel of a Cordak as a way of getting others to cooperate." - Some Skakdi I just made up to say that quote

The Titan-Toa are likey, I love the use of Bohrokd bodies as limbs. Makuta looks a little weak on the upper legs and arms, but has a good build, in overall. Nothing extremely original, that's it, but it's a cool MOC anyway. The black lizardman is great, though.

The black lizardman is what I consider my best work, which is funny when you realise that he's just the Titan-Toa build with a bigger CCBS torso beam and extra leg joint.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Titan toa was "He made Toa Maku?"

(Seriously, though, I like it)

That's half the reason I used that mask, the other half being that my other choice was Kaukau Nuva. I made the better choice, no?