THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER 2: THE RACE FOR THE MASK OF TIME

fishers64

END OF ROUND 2 DISK FINDING

It appears that Pahrak #0579 can still swim. Or perhaps his swimming skills on long-ago Metru Nui translated into his good swimming skills on Okoto. In any event, Pahrak was able to get inside that nasty sea monster and get his Great Disk of Regeneration, but not without a considerable struggle against a beast that was trying to swallow him and failing, because he was too big. 

After that, he was really out of time to go disk hunting in Le-Metru, and frankly, after all that swimming, swimming in a chute was not in the cards at all. 

Pahrak #0579: Ga-Metru Great Disk: Success
Pahrak #0579: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Aerixx's flying car swerved through Le-Metru with ease to swipe a Great Disk out of a chute strut. Today, he had thought to bring a map. 

This was also helpful in Ga-Metru as the racecar driver followed one of Ga-Metru's more treacherous canals. The plunge into the cool water was almost welcome after the drive in the hot sun.

Aerixx: Le-Metru and Ga-Metru Great Disks: Success

ToaGhost's wanderings through the Archives introduced him to a lot of Rahi exhibits...but alas, no Great Disk. And in an unlikely series of events, the currents around Ga-Metru were too dangerous for his ghostly form to risk today. Probably because of Pahrak's angry sea monster from earlier.

ToaGhost: Onu-Metru and Ga-Metru Great Disks: Failure

Portal snatched a Great Disk from the inside of a Knowledge Tower, causing a commotion, so he portalled to Le-Metru...only for a Great Disk to fall from a power cable tangle above him and hit him on the mask. No, not the face...not the...

Portal: Ko-Metru Great Disk and Le-Metru Great Disk: Success. (You lucky Tahu, you!)

Toa Kapura zipped through the chute system and the Archives quite easily.

Toa Kapura: Le-Metru and Onu-Metru Great Disks: Success

While Underscore's twins easily climbed the Ko-Metru Knowledge towers, the Great Disk they were after in Le-Metru they accidentally knocked out of a troller nest, while they were fighting said troller. Said disk ended up hitting Portal's mask, but that's neither here nor there.

Underscore: Ko-Metru Great Disk: Success
Underscore: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure 

Dallior decided to hunt for the Le-Metru Great Disk himself this time...and STILL couldn't find the blasted thing. Meanwhile, Dallior's Rahkshi threatened an Onu-Metru archivist into handing over an Onu-Metru Great Disk.

Dallior: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Dallior: Onu-Metru Great Disk: Success

Lucina's swimming abilities, admittedly, were not that great. Tracking down the Great Disk while not drowning in the middle of a strong current was not happening. Drenched, the shapeswitcher browsed around the Ga-Metru labs and, as a result, decided to follow a bunch of tourists to Onu-Metru. It wasn't too hard for the dashing gal to make an excuse and slip away to retrieve a Great Disk.

Voltex: Ga-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Voltex: Onu-Metru Great Disk: Success

Liuth retreated to his lab to synthesize some extremely pure protodermis. After an arduous day of measurements, calculations, and forging, he emerged with two Great Disks.

Liuth: Ga-Metru and Onu-Metru Great Disks: Success

BEGINNING OF ROUND 2 DEATH MATCH

PMs will be sent out, as per usual. If you are able to do so (aka have not lost your MoUP) you may respond to said PM with your attack.

END OF ROUND 2 DEATH MATCH

The night began with Toa Kapura, fresh off his speeding though the city, decided to go target Pahrak #0579 again. Pahrak #0579 just punched him using one of his handsheilds and stomped off, leaving Toa Kapura sprawling on the pavement.

Only for him to get slugged in the gut. Toa Kapura couldn't see his attacker as his powered Mask was ripped off of his face. When he got up, he found that both of his Masks of Ultimate Power were gone.

Somewhere else, Lucina was sitting at a deserted all night cafe, sipping coffee and looking rather dejected. The TV flickered across the screen, chronicling the investigation of Ghidora's insane asylum escape, various Ko- and Ga- Matoran sightings of a flying car, and a bunch of imperious-sounding statements by Turaga Dume that the Vahki would handle the chaos and that working hours would remain as normal, despite opposition by a particular Ta-Matoran and his labor union...

"Hey," Liuth said.

"Leave me alone," Voltex said. The shift happened without him thinking about it, as it sometimes did.

"I don't think so." Liuth said, trying to slug Voltex in the stomach. He missed, because the guy backed up. His coffee tottered on the counter, but did not spill.

"What did I do?" Lucina asked.

"Nothing," said Liuth. "I just felt like attacking you."

"Our real enemy," said Voltex, pointing at the screen, "is him. He's the one who brought us to this Mata Nui-forsaken city, and he is the one who must pay."

Liuth shook his head. "I was already here."

"Forget it," Voltex grumbled. "Just stay out of stuff that isn't your business."

And that's when a horde of Rahkshi broke down the door and pointed a bunch of staffs at Voltex. The shapeswitcher put his hands up, but that didn't stop the creatures from knocking him over and grabbing his hard-won Mask of Ultimate Power.

"What the heck," he grumbled. "What did I ever do to deserve this?"

Underscore's twins were watching the scene, and promptly slugged Dallior in the face. "What did Lucina or Voltex do?" one of them snapped. "What is your problem?"

While they were beating up on Dallior, Aerixx tried to sneak up on them. Unfortunately, he was spotted, and retribution was swift indeed - earthen boots closed over his feet, and vines curled around his face.

Somewhere else, a large vacuum cleaner ran by some Vahki made a loud squealing noise. The Zadakh running the thing went down to investigate, only to find two Masks of Ultimate Power caught in the suction. Wordlessly, they pulled them out, only to see a ghostly spirit attached to the two masks. 

"Now this" hissed the Zadakh, "will be a rich prize for Turaga Dume."

ToaGhost: Abducted by Morbuzakh. 

BEGINNING OF ROUND 3 DISK FINDING

Unless you have been abducted by the Morbuzakh, post the disks that you wish to find below. PMs to clarify your status after the night round will be sent out momentarily. 

END OF ROUND 3 DISK FINDING

After 3 rounds of continual harrassment by the RNG, Dallior finally found his Le-Metru teleport disk. But telling his Rahkshi to stand on top of each other to get to the Po-Metru Great disk...it really wasn't one of their better ideas.

Dallior: Le-Metru Great Disk: Success
Dallior: Po-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Liuth went back to his lab. After several hours of tweaks to his formula, he emerged with his prizes.

Liuth: Ta-Metru and Ko-Metru Great Disks: Success

Lucina's sweltering trip to Po-Metru ended when a bunch of Vahki burst out from ambush. Voltex punched and destroyed more than a few of the errant machines. Annoyed with the heat, the shapeswitcher traveled to Ko-Metru, where more Vahki stood on top of the knowledge towers like misplaced flower decorations.

Voltex: Po-Metru and Ko-Metru Great Disks: Failure. 

Pahrak #0579 was having similar problems. The Ta-Metru fire pits were bad enough for him without having to destroy the Vahki guards with a huge rock, and finding the disk before the boom brought the entire city down on his head wasn't happening. He managed to get out via a chute jump, only to find the chute system just as infested.

The Bohrok ended up dangling from a power cable, Vahki stun staffs flashing all around him. All told, not one of his better days.

Pahrak #0579: Ta-Metru and Le-Metru Great Disks: Failure

Portal saw Voltex's decimation of the Vahki guards from a considerable distance away - only for a big brutish dark hunter named Krekka to sneak up behind him and punch him all the way into Ta-Metru, though a fire pit, and wow, a Great Disk! Whoosh!

Portal: Po-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Portal: Ta-Metru Great Disk: Success

Toa Kapura was chased by the Vahki though Ga-Metru all day. His subpar swimming skills did not help him with this at all - and the dreaded creature RNGs dragged him around underwater for awhile before he could escape.

Toa Kapura: Two Ga-Metru Great Disks: Failure to both.

Underscore's twins snuck into the Ta-Metru forges. Improbably, Toa Vakama walked by and handed them a Ta-Metru Great Disk.

Unfortunately, there was no such assistance in Ga-Metru. The RNGs in the water laughed.

Underscore: Ta-Metru Great Disk: Success
Underscore: Ga-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Aerixx: One missed disk finding round. 

BEGIN ROUND 3 DEATH MATCH

If you have one or more Mask of Ultimate Power in your possession, you have 24 hours to respond to my PM with your attack or abstention. 

If you do not have a Mask of Ultimate Power, you do not have to respond to the PM. 

Edited by fishers64

END OF ROUND 3 - TWISTS 2 & 5

The night began with a wave of water to that slammed a Bohrok into a stone wall. Stunned, it didn't see the Matoran that claimed one of its Masks. Stunned, Pahrak #0579 got up and went to go find Portal.

Portal, showing a surprising level of good sense, got away from the angry Pahrak - only to portal straight into a horde of Vahki.

Portal: Abducted by Morbuzakh

Said Portal was also surprised to see Voltex being hauled away inside a block of ice.

Voltex: Abducted by Morbuzakh

Underscore, who hadn't bothered to attack anyone, found his couch surrounded by Vahki and vines. They took his Masks of Ultimate Power and hauled him away. 

Underscore: Abducted by Morbuzakh. 

Dallior and his Rahkshi rode their Vahki transport to the Coliseaum, smashing their way through the Vahki guards with ease. A few minutes later, Dallior stood over the containment sphere of the crazytoran Ghidora. A burst from Dallior's mask revived the comatose being, and he scrambled out.

"So this is where Turaga Doomfeathers keeps his collection of chocolate berries."

Dallior smiled. "It's good to have you back."

Ghidora: Freed from the Morbuzakh. You may resume play as normal. 

TWIST 2: Powered Plant - If the Morbuzakh captures Mask(s) of Ultimate power with the people in abducts, its attacks will increase with the amount of Masks it acquires, just like a normal player.

TWIST 5: Player Rescue - In the extremely unlikely event that a player asks to free another player from the Morbuzakh during a night round, their request will be granted. The number of players that they are able to free depends on the number of Masks of Ultimate Power the player has in his or her possession.

This will take the place of the player's normal attack for the round.

BEGIN ROUND 4 DISK FINDING

If you are not currently in the clutches of the Morbuzakh, please post the disks you wish to acquire below. You have 24 hours. Go!

I create some REALLY SECRET PLANS with Voltex in a DESPERATE ATTEMPT to FREE US ALL FROM THIS SCARY PLANT.

I will hire Portal to help me go through a trilogy of epics where we must defeat a council of villains. After defeating them and another army and an extra-dimensional antagonist, I shall transfer my consciousness into a robot, soon warping both Portalfig and myself back into the MOUP reality in which we have returned and are free.

• Upvote 1

I create some REALLY SECRET PLANS with Voltex in a DESPERATE ATTEMPT to FREE US ALL FROM THIS SCARY PLANT.

I will hire Portal to help me go through a trilogy of epics where we must defeat a council of villains. After defeating them and another army and an extra-dimensional antagonist, I shall transfer my consciousness into a robot, soon warping both Portalfig and myself back into the MOUP reality in which we have returned and are free.

Good plan, good plan. We got this.

brb reality hopping