THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER 2: THE RACE FOR THE MASK OF TIME

fishers64

If I fail one opportunity to get a Po-Metru disk, I have another one to pass and if my plan succeeds, I shall be the first to get the Vahi! It kinda sucks it can't travel in time, though.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Sorry for delays. Real life is responsible. 

END OF ROUND 4 DISK FINDING

The next day was spent in an exhausting battle against the Vahki armies and Morbuzakh plants. It looked something like this:

Pahrak #0579: Le-Metru Great Disk: Success
Pahrak #0579: Onu-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Liuth: Po-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Liuth: Po-Metru Great Disk: Success

Dallior: Po-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Dallior: Ko-Metru Great Disk: Success

Toa Kapura: Ga-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Toa Kapura: Ga-Metru Great Disk: Success

Ghidora: Ko-Metru and Onu-Metru Great Disks: Success

Aerixx: Two missed disk finding rounds. 

BEGIN ROUND 4 DEATH MATCH

You have 24 hours to respond to the PM I send you with your action. If I do not send you a PM, you do not have to respond.

Edited by fishers64

Well can we get there because as it stand not having a MoUP and having a one in any category makes victory impossible.

Edit:Never mind I thought 1 was automatic failure not a 1 in 6 chance. Don't mind me, carry on.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

END OF ROUND 4 DEATH MATCH

The night began with Pahrak #0579 throwing a boulder at Toa Kapura. Fortunately or not, the master of moving fast by moving slow left the area before he could get crushed. 

Liuth the Matoran entered the eerie atmosphere of Vakama's forge. Nervously, he merged his six Great Disks together and began the careful process of completing the Mask of Time itself. 

Midway though, a hissing noise interrupted his work. He turned to see the looming visage of Krekka. Vines swept from the Mask of Ultimate Power on his face, knocking the dumb brute into the molten protodermis below. 

Dark Hunter 1: Failure

"You fool!" hissed another being next to him. Nidhiki snapped his claws right in front of Liuth's face, causing the Matoran to step back. He grabbed the Mask of Ultimate Power off of Liuth's face, his greedy eyes just inches from the Matoran's ordinary mask, flinging him to the other side of the forge. 

Dark Hunter 2: Success

Nidhiki grinned as he pulled the newly minted Mask of Time off the forge, eyes gleaming. "Now what is this prize, little-" 

A wave of water crashed into him, and a fist of Earth punched him into the ceiling. "I had a backup." 

Now where was the Mask? Did it fall into the lava or-

There it was!

Liuth grinned.

Liuth: Forge Mask of Time: Success

This night, however, there would no escape from the elemental tyranny that accompanied the raging vines. Even Liuth, before he could raise his Mask of Ultimate Power or his Mask of Time to defend himself, was sucked away by the sheer force. Half of the city was destroyed that night as the combined might of six Masks of Ultimate Power ravaged the landscape. 

Pahrak #0579, Toa Kapura, Dallior, Aerixx, and the recently freed Ghidora all were abducted and sucked into the dark depths. 

I, Makuta, looked over the devastation. It was a beautiful and horrific sight. A night to remember, if I dare say so myself. 

The beauty of it all was interrupted by the sounds of two Vahki arguing. "It might fit if we try this angle."

"It is too big." the other Vahki complained. "No matter which angle we try, it won't fit!"

I turned to see what the foolish A.I. were bickering over, only to see them trying to fit Pahrak #0579 into a containment sphere. 

"That will not be necessary." I said in my Turaga Dume voice. "He is but a puny and insignificant threat that will soon die. Let him go."

I turned to look at the containment spheres. To my disdain, they were filled with, not the innocent Matoran to strike terror into the city's heart, but instead the worthless scum I had hired. 

"Get them out of here." I snapped. "They are a waste of containment space."

As I turned around, the Masks of Ultimate Power the plant had stolen appeared on a vine. I swiped them away and threw them at the awakening group. "Get out of here. I am not ready for you."

EVERYONE has been captured by the Morbuzakh, and has been freed with ONE Mask of Ultimate Power in their possession. 

TWIST #1 - Get out, losers-  If all players have been abducted by the Morbuzakh at any given point, they will be freed, with all Masks of Ultimate Power in their possession to be distributed evenly to the freed players.

BEGIN ROUND 5 DISK FINDING

EVERYONE has 24 hours to post the disks that they wish to acquire below. The clock is ticking, and the race is on! 

END OF ROUND 5 DISK FINDING

The wreck of Ta-Metru was a little too hot for Ghidora to handle. After accidentally stepping in a lava puddle and getting chased by a Protodermis Reclamation Yard worker, he hopped on the chute to Le-Metru. There, he knocked over a Ussal cart driver, got nearly ran over by a racing vehicle, and hitched a ride on an airship. The pilot kicked him off after about 5 minutes of incessant blathering, which left him in the middle of a protodermis waterfall in Ga-Metru.

He surfaced to find that he had a Le-Metru Great Disk.

Ghidora: Ta-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Ghidora: Le-Metru Great Disk: Success

Pahrak #0579 busted his way though an Archives wall. Alarms blaring, the irate Bohrok swiped a Great Disk out of a pile of tools and crushed ten Vahki guards with a boulder on the way down to the lower levels. A high-pitched signal from the Bohrok's Krana awakened ten of it's brothers. The swarm charged off to Ta-Metru, combing the rubble for awhile before emerging with their prize.

Pahrak #0579: Ta-Metru and Onu-Metru: Success to both. 

Portal couldn't seem to find anything. Half of the landmarks had been destroyed and he kept getting confused.

Portal: Po-Metru and Ga-Metru: Failure to both. 

Lucina followed Portal to Po-Metru and Ga-Metru. After putting up with the portalmaster's flailing for a while, she decided she was tired of that and decided to go for a swim. And...how about that Great Disk hidden in that crag down there, eh Portal?

Voltex: Po-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Voltex: Ga-Metru Great Disk: Success

ToaGhost slipped in and out of Ta-Metru and Po-Metru. His ghostly form was ideal for skipping arduous climbs and precarious lava balancing acts.

ToaGhost: Ta-Metru and Po-Metru Great Disks: Success

Dallior's Rahkshi hordes easily located their prizes in the ruins.

Dallior: Po-Metru and Ta-Metru Great Disks: Success to both

Underscore's trip to the Archives was an in-and-out affair. Ta-Metru, not so much.

Underscore: Ta-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Underscore: Onu-Metru Great Disk: Success

And it took Toa Kapura all day, but he made the arduous climb to the Po-Metru Great Disk.

Toa Kapura: Po-Metru Great Disk: Success
Toa Kapura: Po-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Meanwhile, I grew weary of Aerixx's laziness. The Morbuzakh dashed his head againest the fountain in Ga-Metru. He will not be missed. 

Aerixx: Three missed disk finding rounds: DEAD. 

BEGIN ROUND 5 DEATH MATCH

You have 24 hours to respond to my PM with your action.

END OF ROUND 5 DEATH MATCH

This night begins with a Matoran trying to attack a portalmaster. Using his Mask of Ultimate power. I have to admit, that was a smart idea.

That is, if it actually worked.

Meanwhile, Voltex was back in the restaurant place drinking when suddenly a Matoran burst into the room through the back door, yelling about which plants ended up in soda and which ones didn't. Voltex wasn't in the mood, so he just slammed the crazytoran with a fist of earth and tied him up with some vines. It felt good to have a Mask of Ultimate Power again. Or two.

That was when Underscore tried to show up, but Voltex wasn't in the mood. He just barred the door and windows with some stone and went back to his coffee.

Pahrak #0579 stalked into the Great Furnace, home of the evil king root of the Morbuzakh. His minions held off the vines and seeds of the killer plant and fired the Great Disks in time to bring the whole thing down.

Morbuzakh: DEAD.

And that was when Portal showed up. Still exultant from his defeat of the killer plant, Pahrak really did not pay attention to the arrival of his arch-nemesis.

He really should have.

Then Dallior appeared with his disks, only to find that the aggressive plant was already dead.

None of them noticed a ghostly form slip past, clutching disks from the plant's previous kill.

BEGIN ROUND 6 DISK FINDING

You have 24 hours to post the disks that you wish to acquire below. PMs will be sent, as usual.

In my paying attention to this forum, I have learned that Toa Kapura is no longer with us. As such, here is the scene.

END OF ROUND 6 DISK FINDING

It seems to be night when Ghidora picked himself up from the walls of the ruined all night cafe. Dazed, he stumbles into Ga-Metru, only to be distracted by a huge villain vortex in the sky and a very good pizza place. After some delightfully warm pizza, the crazytoran goes to Ta-Metru, only to run into a bunch of Rahkshi and angry RNGs. After wishing them a good day, he spends the rest of his day just staring at that...thing in the sky. Which appears not to be moving.

Ghidora: Ga-Metru and Ta-Metru Great Disks: Failure to both. 

Underscore really didn't know what he was doing going to Ta-Metru - the aftermentioned horde of Rahkshis and RNGs chased him out. And then for some reason, they chased the twins all the way to Ko-Metru where a horde of Ko-Metru Vahki had something to say about it.

Underscore: Ta-Metru and Ko-Metru Great Disks: Failure to both. (Geez.)

Back in Ta-Metru, Dallior grabbed one more Ta-Metru disk.

Dallior: Ta-Metru Great Disk: Success

Pahrak #0579's trip through Le-Metru was eerie. He did not focus on disk hunting at all. A huge villain vortex is a huge distraction. By the time he got to Ko-Metru, however, he was a lot more focused, taking out a bunch of Vahki to get to what he was after.

Pahrak #0579: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Pahrak #0579: Ko-Metru Great Disk: Success

Portal tripped over an RNG who was babbling about how the rules of logic were made to be broken. The next thing he knew, he was lying on his back holding a Ga-Metru Great Disk. But not a Po-Metru Great Disk. How weird.

Portal: Ga-Metru Great Disk: Success
Portal: Po-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Lucina seemed to be similarly afflicted, although this was not without reason - between the Rahkshi, Vahki, and RNGs, Ta-Metru was impassable. Onu-Metru, not so much. In fact, the archives tunnels were among the safer places to be right now. 

Voltex: Ta-Metru Great Disk: Failure
Voltex: Onu-Metru Great Disk: Success

As Voltex left, he missed the ghost, who, against insurmountable odds, had managed to find one Onu-Metru Great Disk. 

ToaGhost: Onu-Metru Great Disk: Success
ToaGhost: Onu-Metru Great Disk: Failure 

Meanwhile, Liuth's efforts to find a Le-Metru Disk did not work. 

Liuth: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure.

In the distance, a giant sign rose in front of the vortex. It read: We hate you all. Lucina had some choice words - for the entire sign was made of - and crawling with - RNGs.

BEGIN ROUND 6 DEATH MATCH

As usual, you have 24 hours to send in your action once I send you the PM with your information. This is the last death match, so choose wisely! Good luck!

END OF ROUND 6 DEATH MATCH

The night began with a Matoran sneaking into Toa Kapura's house and swiping the Mask of Ultimate Power from his face. The Toa slept on - he didn't feel a thing.

Across town, Pahrak #0579 nervously entered the forge. "I told you he was coming." a Dark Hunter hissed. The Bohrok punched him into the molten protodermis below.

Considerably relieved, Pahrak went to go finish the Mask of Time, quickly molding the merged disks. It was then that a Dark Hunter snapped his piecers over the Bohrok's face and zapped him with a jolt of electricity.

The Dark Hunter snorted, kicking the Bohrok into the lava. There was nothing interesting about him, just another bit of archives trash. He reached for the Mask that the Bohrok had made, only to get slammed into the wall by a bunch of vines.

Pahrak #0579: DEAD (Why?)
"Not so fast," said Voltex. He walked past the Dark Hunter, and picked up the Mask of Time and the disk that Pahrak had. Flames licked along the corpse of the Dark Hunter as he was incinerated. The imperious form turned to see Underscore making his way below him, as a hovering ghost set out to forge his own Mask. A hail of stone shards rained down, but the twins were able to dodge that. But that alerted the ghost to the presence of the threat, and he moved off before the twins could attack.

Meanwhile, Dallior was knocked over by a Dark Hunter, swiping his Mask of Ultimate Power.

Dark Hunter 1: Success

His Rahkshi quickly dispatched the other one in a tirade of hissing and screeching.

Dark Hunter 2: Failure.

Dallior: Forge Mask of Time: Success

ToaGhost finally made it to a safe spot in the forge. At least, he thought it was a safe spot until a pincher tried to get through his form. That was not working.

Another Dark Hunter, however, knew to use a Rhotuka spinner, and managed to knock a Mask of Ultimate Power loose. It stole it, stunning the ghostly being as it slunk away.

ToaGhost: Forge Mask of Time: Success

All was still. 

Until a giant shadow hand tore the roof off the forge. Dallior immediately did the responsible thing and froze the thing in time, and his Rahkshi immediately blasted the thing. 

Voltex took advantage of the opportunity to escape. He had to find Portal. Where was that pesky, happy-go-lucky being when you needed him? 

Somewhere else, some Vahki was trying to get Ghidora into a containment sphere. That being promptly took a Great Disk to the face. Needless to say, the crazytoran managed to escape, grabbing Aerixx's car and driving off. 

His path led him to the Great Temple, where he promptly crashed the car through some Vahki and into the front door. It seemed that there was lots of fun stuff in there, like vials of Energized Protodermis, tales of ancient times, carnival barkers, and free pizza. Plenty to keep him happy for a long time. 

Ghidora: Alive, but still in this time frame. 

A shadow hand smashed into Toa Kapura's sleeping face. Liuth time-froze the hand and ran away. It would take a long time, but the Matoran made it back to what remained of his lab. He had a lot of work to do. 

Toa Kapura: DEAD. 

Liuth: Alive, but still in this time frame. 

"Portal!" Voltex said. "Wake up!" 

The portalmaster looked up from his couch in Ga-Metru. It took awhile, but it seemed that Portal could always find somewhere comfortable to sleep. 

"Whaaaat?" said Portal. A shadow hand crashed into the room. ToaGhost froze it, leaving Voltex and Portal in the street, but alive. Underscore's twins and Dallior stood outside, befuddled. 

"I have the Mask of Time." Lucina said. She looked rattled, a rare sight for those who had observed the shapeswitcher. "We can go home now."

"Right." said Portal, grinning.

The energies of Voltex's Mask of Time and Underscore's Mask of Ultimate Power oozed together and into a portal, which opened wide, sucking in Voltex, Portal, Underscore, ToaGhost, and Dallior with his Rahkshi. 

They found themselves standing over a waterfall. The river stretched one before them, under the ancient bridge to the ancient city. They were home. 

"Well." hissed an annoyed voice. "That didn't work at all, did it?"

Portal chortled. "Trying to kill me never works."

Voltex looked over the Makuta of Okoto. Then he shook his head and walked away. 

Portal followed eagerly after the shapeswitcher as she switched back to Lucina. "What are you going to do with all that stuff you got?"

Lucina just shook her head. She wondered where he got the endless reserves of cheer from. "Is that an acknowledgement?"

Portal looked at her. "You won, silly."

The shapeswitcher just shrugged and walked away, finally allowing a smug smile of satisfaction to cross her face as she walked past the irate Makuta and down the mountain. 

Congratulations to Lucina (aka Voltex) for winning the game with three Great Disks, two Masks of Ultimate Power, and one Mask of Time!

I am going to kill you one of these days...

THE MASK OF TIME

The Mask of Time, as stated, allows you to speed up or slow down time in an area.

Speeding UP –

1) Should you so choose, this mask will allow you to acquire 1 more disk per round.

2) It will also allow you to attack 2 people per night with your Mask(s) of Ultimate Power.

Slowing Down –

1)  This mask will allow you to slow down an opponent, preventing said opponent from obtaining a disk in the round.

2) This mask will allow you to slow down a murderer, preventing them from killing you for the duration of the night. 

They also will not be able to kill anyone else. This power will be used on the first person who tries to kill you.

You may use ONE of these four powers per each half of each round. For example, you may speed up yourself in the disk finding half and then slow down your murderer in the murdering half. 

This mask was not used to any effect in this game. Thanks to Morbuzakh. I blame him. :P

TWIST #4 - THE PORTALMASTER

As a matter of course, the player character Portal, a Mask of Time, and a Mask of Ultimate Power are required for the DISPLACED CHARACTERS to return to their native time. If any of these elements are missing, all of the characters shall remain in this time or suffer miserable deaths. 

And that's all I've got. Congratulations to our winner, to all those who completed the Mask of Time (good work!) and thanks for playing, everyone! :)

• Upvote 1