Bionicle Technology

Toa Nekar

Hello everyone, I think about this topic a lot so I figured I would present it to you:

We all know that through human history certain breakthroughs in technology are made that allow for the creation of more advanced machines and such. Beyond the canonical storyline, what breakthroughs do you think were made by the Matoran/Agori/any other species? And what point in advancement is spherus magna in? I saw a tumblr post about a mechsuit for krana appose to a bohrok body, and I thought that would be pretty cool. There is also the typical gun/laser gun thing, but have those already been invented in the bionicle/MU universe?

Tell me what you think!

• Upvote 1

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

Guns are somewhat taboo in the MU. Guns, paper, and wheels. 

But then again, they have exosuits and giant robots that we don't have. So they are waaay off our technological development spectrum and on another one entirely. 

That is something kind of interesting about the MU, is that they are in somewhat of the stone age in their world, but in our world they would be technologically superior (at least we have paper though).

Edited by Toa Nekar
  • Upvote 1

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

They had paper and parchment in the MU. even in the MNOG you find some and even your map is made on the stuff.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

But then again, they have exosuits and giant robots that we don't have. So they are waaay off our technological development spectrum and on another one entirely. 

Aren't Cordak blasters pretty much guns?

More like rocket or missile launchers. They launch explosive projectiles.

Edited by fishers64

Wait wasn't there wheels on the carts that were pulled by the Urssal Crabs and in the marketplace?

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Aren't Cordak blasters pretty much guns?

More like rocket or missile launchers. They launch explosive projectiles.

Loosely defined, a "gun" is any tube that propels projectiles.

Lookin at you, Midak Skyblaster.

• Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Funny, I just had a similar discussion in my project topic. Here's the post minus some unrelated stuff:

Now not so fast. Most matoran in the MU lived rather primitively, living in huts, and at most stone fortifications. The most readily advanced areas would have been the islands of Metru-Nui, Artakha, and the settlements on Destral and Daxia [forgot to mention Xia and maybe Stelt as well]; not to mention the every-now-and-then charging station and protodermis chute (plus it's adjacent control panel(s)). Everything else is just stone-carved temples and buildings, faux-wooden buildings, etc., with technology below the surface or hidden behind things. Science-Fantasy genre at it's best. If you want to see the height of the more primitive sides of the MU (besides the chutes and other small things), take a look at the ruins of Nan Madol, and other Pacific-Islander ruins.

It should also be more interesting to note that the Matoran lacked the wheel, they instead did everything by themselves, round tree logs, or arthropodic leg movement (for the more advanced variants); this going off of the interviews with people who made the original Bionicle films. I'm not sure if many other races had discovered the wheel. I know Avak did, he used it in the creation of his motorcycle (which was later taken from him by Antroz in a battle). If the wheel had not been around the MU beforehand, then that means that Avak invented the wheel. :lol:

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Funny, I just had a similar discussion in my project topic. Here's the post minus some unrelated stuff:

Now not so fast. Most matoran in the MU lived rather primitively, living in huts, and at most stone fortifications. The most readily advanced areas would have been the islands of Metru-Nui, Artakha, and the settlements on Destral and Daxia [forgot to mention Xia and maybe Stelt as well]; not to mention the every-now-and-then charging station and protodermis chute (plus it's adjacent control panel(s)). Everything else is just stone-carved temples and buildings, faux-wooden buildings, etc., with technology below the surface or hidden behind things. Science-Fantasy genre at it's best. If you want to see the height of the more primitive sides of the MU (besides the chutes and other small things), take a look at the ruins of Nan Madol, and other Pacific-Islander ruins.

It should also be more interesting to note that the Matoran lacked the wheel, they instead did everything by themselves, round tree logs, or arthropodic leg movement (for the more advanced variants); this going off of the interviews with people who made the original Bionicle films. I'm not sure if many other races had discovered the wheel. I know Avak did, he used it in the creation of his motorcycle (which was later taken from him by Antroz in a battle). If the wheel had not been around the MU beforehand, then that means that Avak invented the wheel. :lol:

This post was my fault  :P .

They seem to have a better understanding of robotics than we do, but of course they would probably be surprised at our knowledge of biology. The fact that they know so much about robotics is somewhat independent of their technological advancement. How they don't know about the wheel is somewhat strange. In the real world, the wheel was invented in Ancient China through a rolling toy, and was later put to practical use in carts, etc. The technology was there, they just didn't make the connection. MU inhabitants just haven't figured out how to make a gear spin freely yet.

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

This post was my fault  :P .

They seem to have a better understanding of robotics than we do, but of course they would probably be surprised at our knowledge of biology. The fact that they know so much about robotics is somewhat independent of their technological advancement. How they don't know about the wheel is somewhat strange. In the real world, the wheel was invented in Ancient China through a rolling toy, and was later put to practical use in carts, etc. The technology was there, they just didn't make the connection. MU inhabitants just haven't figured out how to make a gear spin freely yet.

The Mesoamerican civilization(s) didn't have the wheel until the Spaniards came around, they used logs and/or used ropes and/or just used people to haul things about.

The matoran and their understanding of robotics and biomechanical biology is their equivalency to purely organic biology, making vehicles and various devices and machines based off of their understanding of their own bodies. It would be like us making vehicles and machines based of of organic human designs, which for us would be like the utilization of eldritch abominations everywhere; imagine instead of how a vahki carrier currently looks like, replace it with parts of a human torso, over-grown ribs and flesh webbings for bindings, walls and roofings, and having six or so foot-less legs walking on bare ankles in a spider like motion. For them (advanced matoran), it seems normal, but for us such things would be considered nightmares and possibly reminiscent of the Zerg race from Starcraft. Now thanks to Avak and his revolutionary utilization of artificial wheels (unlike Mata-Nui matoran and log-wheels), things humans see as normal, like carts, bikes, and wheelbarrows, can now start to used by matoran. Spherus Magna races use wheels, so prolonged contact with them should help jog their imagination on how to use wheels.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light