Year 60,000

Makuta Miras

IC: Emalia - Sunlight Lantern. 

She wasn't sure how to react. Rumours of a safe way out through Metru Nui had been circulating since forever, but this was the first time the people in charge had seemingly taken them seriously. Idiots...

Finally, she spoke. "That's a terrible idea." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I'm serious," she protested, "Shouldn't we be trying to stop the kaiju from getting in here, instead of trying to get everyone to evacuate out there, where the kaiju karzing come from?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"That.... that's probably a good idea, yeah," 

"Sure," she got to her feet, gulping down the last of her drink before following Mal.

GM IC: Arkie/Plot

The Ko-Matoran stood in the main Jaeger bay of the Zakaz Shatterdome, the few pilots who had answered the call for aid arrayed before her.

"Alright," Arkie said, a map hung behind her. "You're all here for one thing, and that thing is for going to Metru Nui for a bit of scouting." 

She began pacing back and forth. 

"The way to Metru Nui is actually fairly simple. We go north, obviously, then there's three tunnels that go beyond our dome." Arkie gestured at the map during this, pointing towards the relevant spots a few miles out to sea. "The central tunnel leads to Karzahni, and we don't want to go there; we don't know if it's flooded or not, but either way, it'll still be bad in there. So we're taking the western tunnel. Previous expeditions have been up there before; the Sea Gates into Metru Nui's dome are closed; they have been since the Great Cataclysm. Now, our expeditions in the past couldn't open those gates. Luckily for us, we have our Jaegers. When we get into the city, we're finding out what happened to the Matoran first. Second- and only after we find out about the Matoran- we're looking for any possibly way out of here. Holes in the dome, tunnels upwards, you name it- we're looking for it."

Arkie paused for a second, the flickering electric light glinting off the steel of her  mechanical arm.

"Is everybody clear?"

GM OOC:

So, yeah. Plot stuff. Yay. Any characters who were on their way to Zakaz can just assume that you got there before this post.

VBWj75sh.png

IC-Acacia

A few hours later, Acacia looked at her newly-rebuilt Jaeger, impressed at how much was salvaged. Soon, She would be back to defending her home again...

IC-Lash

The Kaiju circled the steel colossus from below, constantly moving, until it found an opening when it swam behind the machine, and launched itself towards the back of the legs, mouth open, ready to bite down...

OOC

Lash attacking NPC Jaeger, Acacia open for interaction, and I'm still waiting for Odran to be approved.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Darken - Breach Cave.

The demented kaiju curled up in his den, deciding to wait until his wounds had fully healed before he even so much as considered emerging again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Tonitrui - Ocean.

She swam silently across the ocean floor, waiting in eager anticipation at the prospect of encountering prey. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

"Is everybody clear?"

IC: Emalia - Zakaz.

"Honestly.... no...." she sighed, "I'm not clear on why you think it's a good idea for us to be looking for ways to go out where the kaiju are coming from. Wouldn't it make more sense to try to stop them from coming in here?" 

IC: Oblitus - Artakha HQ.

Although he didn't entirely agree with their goals and methods, it was hard for a self-funded hunter such as himself to refuse the seemingly endless supply of resources that Artakha had at their disposal. 

So he didn't protest as the engineers began work on the repairs and modifications of his mech. 

IC: Smackdown - Zakaz

For a moment, it appeared that the Kaiju was down for the count, the Jaeger's victory all but assured as it no doubt stood triumphantly over the unconcious body of its fallen foe, but that was soon about to change. Lashing out towards the weapon with his tail in an attempt to divert its trajectory away from his massive form, Smackdown rolled to the side, spinning around before launching himsef towards the machine on all fours in an attempt to knock it into the ground with his shoulder.

The word "retreat" was clearly not in his vocabulary... if he even had one to begin with.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Globule - Artakha Holding Cells.

Being a braindead mind-controlled monster, Globule didn't think or do anything as he waited quietly in his cell to receive his new instructions. 

• 2 weeks later...

GM IC: Arkie

Arkie's gaze alighted on Emalia, searching for the asker of the question. "The dome, all around us- it's collapsing," the Ko-Matoran said. "Sixty thousand years without the artificial gravity to help the superstructure maintain its shape- in addition to however many leagues of sea- haven't been good to it." She pointed upwards. "We've even found cracks and depressions in the surface when we sent some scouts up there in smaller, experimental Jaegers equipped for flight. So," Arkie continued methodically, "Getting everyone to Metru Nui seems like the best option- Mata Nui's brain was there, so it would make sense that the dome up there should be reinforced more than the rest of the universe. Not to mention that there's the tiny possibility- and trust me, it's tiny- that we could restart the robot, and get us off of this planet altogether." She shrugged. "I'm not forcing you to go, anyway- feel free to stay here."

GM IC: Lash

As Lash launched itself at the Jaeger's back, the battlesuit turned slightly- only to crash down into the waves as the full bulk of the Kaiju impacted it.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Emalia.

"I thought our job as pilots was to keep the people safe. Abandoning them... leaving the islands defenseless... while we run off on some suicidal wild gukko chase... that's not our job." 

She turned to the crowd, "If we do this, and the kaiju decide to launch another attack like the one they did in Xia while we're gone...then there'll be no one left to save, even if we did succeed in finding a way out. Do you all really want that on your consciences?" 

IC:

"Emalia."

You shouldn't say anything.

If I don't say anything, nothing will be said.

If you say the wrong thing, no one will forget it.

If I don't say the right thing, no one will be around to remember.

"Look, I appreciate what you're talking about."

Yeah, and what about you're chances of becoming the Dagger King?

"But the fact of the matter is, you're talking about staying the course, and look at where staying the course has gotten us."

I am the Dagger King.

No you aren't.

Not yet.

And you never will be if you make the wrong move.

Don't rock the boat, Malinus.

"The Shatterdomes can only hold out for so long," he said, talking a step towards her. "The Jaegers have been fighting day and night, but if you took a look at the state of Xia right now, you wouldn't even be able to tell." He was raising his voice, his yellow eyes shimmering like the first embers of a great flame. "We are losing this war, and if we keep fighting like we always have, and keep throwing Jaeger pilot after Jaeger pilot at the problem, then soon enough the recruits are going to run dry and there won't be anyone left to defend the people anyway!"

You're making a mistake, Vod.

You're making a mistake, and you're going to choke on it someday.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"You think I don't realise that?" She snapped, rounding on him. "More importantly, you think they don't realise that?" She jabbed her finger towards the window, and the open ocean beyond. "Those... things... already know that they have the advantage. They're smart. We repelled their attack this time, killed a few dozen of them and wounded their Alpha, so they know what we're capable of."

She shook her head, "If we leave, they'll sweep in and finish the job within a few hours." 

"That's good and all, but we can't fight a battle on two fronts," she replied, more snappily than she'd intended, "we should deal with the kaiju first, then focus on finding a way out of here." 

GM IC: Arkie

Turning away from Vod and Emalia, Arkie began speaking again. "Move out," the Ko-Matoran shouted. "I want us to be gone in an hour. Those of you needing co-pilots, go find Jiraka- he can find you someone to drift with."

GM IC: Smackdown

Smackdown's tail hit the Jaeger's arm, sending the plasma burst off into the sky. Quickly recovering, the pilots saw Smackdown's manoeuvre as he began it, and shifted to the side as he barrelled past the Jaeger, before reaching for his neck in an attempt to stop his head from being able to move about and then, hopefully, choke him.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Smackdown - Zakaz

Despite what the Jaeger pilots might have thought, this was definitely not Smackdown's first rodeo.

The Kaiju knew well enough to tilt his head downwards well before he even began charging, which meant that the mechanical hand came to a stop far closer to his gaping mouth than its intended target, a fact that he would soon take advantage of as he tried to sever a couple of its fingers (or even the entire appendage itself if he was lucky) with his teeth as he skidded to a stop. Twisting his torso back towards his adversary, he then aimed a surprisingly swift punch directly at the machine's head, attempting to disorient its puppeteers at the very least.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Tonitrui - Xia.

She's missed the battle, but it seemed that both sides had withdrawn the majority of their forces from the island. Hissing wickedly, she rose up out of the water of Xia's coastline, and slithered into the ruined warehouse district, using the numerous collapsed and abandoned buildings as cover to move silently and stealthily into the populated portion of the city.

By the time her presence was finally noticed, the carnage had already begun.

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Darken - Zakaz.

Having emerged from his cave, the rogue kaiju decided to return to Zakaz. His last visit there had proven quite enjoyable, and he was hoping for another chance to kill some jaegers. Perhaps they'd be more likely to respond to his presence if he brought a couple of his trophies with him...

Flying high on approach to the island, he was surprised by the sight of numerous jaegers standing motionless around the shatterdome. None of them stirred as his shadow swept over them, and he circled around once more, wondering where the pilots were. It didn't matter. He had an opportunity here, and he wasn't going to waste it. 

Spiraling high above the shatterdome, he opened his claws and let the trophy he'd brought with him - the severed head of the jaeger he'd defeated recently - plummet downwards to smash into the building's flimsy roof. 

IC: Darken - Above Zakaz.

Exalting in his triumph, the rogue kaiju landed atop the ruins of the Shatterdome and screeched his victory. He'd done in moments what the Alpha and its minions had failed to do in months. With the pilots slain, there was nothing left to stop him and the other kaiju. 

This universe was his now. 

GM IC:

The Jaeger head crashed into the Shatterdome and blew up, killing everyone.

...Put another way, I've been PMed to ask to close this topic.  If there's interest in reviving the game, please reach out to the GM and then to me.

Locking up for now!

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42