BBCC70: The Name Be Metalbeard

EqLLSRI.jpg

"And I'll tell you my tale of woe..."

After Sparkytron entered a Metalbeard far superior to anything I could ever make, I almost gave up. I as good as threw in the towel. But then I changed my mind, because there's no use just giving up because someone else is better. So I put more focus into what sets mine apart: that ramshackle feel.

(And they mocked me for grabbing all those tubs... WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, PARTS DRAFT?)

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 9

While this is quite impressive, I doubt you'll get into the contest because you're over the entry date. :(

Entries begin being accepted as soon as this topic is posted, and will stop being accepted on Sunday, June 14th at 11:59 P.M. EST. 

I think I'm good. Thanks for your concern, though!

Edited by Dina Saruyama

I guess as long as you filled out the entry form on time?

Metalbeard seems to be quite the popular character to remake, and you've done a pretty good job on him; there's a good flow in this MOC, as far as staying true to the original.  I like the use of the Pre-Skull Spider as the hat, as well as the crafty sword hilt.  Seems like you've got the colors down pretty well too.

And don't be discouraged from entering stuff, would be a boring contest if there were only ever two-three good entries submitted.  Doesn't stop me, and I know I probably won't place. :P  Besides, this is a really cool Metalbeard!

:music:

This is great! I love the kinda clunky junkyard robot feel here. I'd say some of my favorite parts are the gun and face. The face just has this sort of gaunt, pirate-y grimace to it and you made great use of the protector cannon. Props and good luck!