Meet The Staff

Zatth

Hey all! Over on the BZP YouTube channel (which you should subscribe to if you haven't yet), we're starting off a new series: Meet The Staff! In every episode, I will be interviewing a member of the staff while they build a LEGO set. Questions! LEGO! Tales! We have it all! This topic will serve as the main sort of hub for the show; you can post comments, responses to the videos, ideas on questions, who you'd like to see interviewed next, etc. Episodes will come out mid-month!

Our first episode features Bfahome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyRP-0it2yY

And as an added reason for you to watch the episode, we're giving out a prize! Watch the video to find out how to enter, and stay to see the wonderful conversation Bfahome and I have on LEGO, BZP, and life!

• Upvote 7

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg

I can't wait for more. I'm sometimes curious as to what some of BZPower's staff members are like in-person (through the web), so this is a very intriguing thing for me. 

Anyway, that was enjoyable, especially the discussion part about The LEGO Movie. It actually made me think about picking up a set from the theme.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello, everyone!

This month's episode is a special one, because it was done live on location during BrickFair VA! So here's a live interview with Sumiki!

As always, feel free to leave feedback: what you thought, who you'd like to see next, etc. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtvnmA9tA4

Edited by Zatth
  • Upvote 5

I just started with Sumiki's. This is awesome, although the hoarseness makes it hard to hear. I'm bummed that I wasn't there in the studio audience.

When was this taped?

How do we get to be in the studio audience?

What else was going on in there?

Did I miss all the fun?

Why can't we do it again next year?

What are everyone's alter egos based on the Avengers? I get that we all assemble at these events, but without super powers, aren't we all Hawkeye?

I can't answer any more general questions about the series, but since these pertain to my own ...

When was this taped?

We started at 11:30 PM on day 2 of the con.

A bunch of us hitched a ride over to the hotel, and when the others heard of what we were up to, they stuck around.

What else was going on in there?

Not much.

Did I miss all the fun?

Well, you missed the hatpile, so you missed at least some fun. :P

Why can't we do it again next year?

Pablo can interview someone else, but likely wouldn't want to interview me a second time.

What are everyone's alter egos based on the Avengers? I get that we all assemble at these events, but without super powers, aren't we all Hawkeye?

There are not enough Avengers to go around, so we limited our alter-egos to the core members of Team Farm Animals.

• Upvote 3

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, it just kind of happened that, as we were leaving to the hotel, I asked the few members at the Expo if they wanted to come. But I have been toying around with the idea of, next year, doing another live interview and letting people know when it'll be so they can be part of the live studio audience!

Ah, I see - 11:30 PM is waaay too early for me. It's pretty hard to get me out of the expo center before it actually closes for the night at 2 AM. The trick is to start the party around 2:30.

At least the other 11 months of Meet the Staff videos will be like a little bit of BZPower at BrickFair party all year 'round.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

Great to see some behind-the-scenes insight into BZP's brass. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the dramatic reveal there really threw me! The "studio" wasn't the "after party room" at all - it was the hotel lobby the whole time! The behind-the-scenes reel features not just the studio audience, but blink-and-you'll-miss-them cameo appearances from non-BZP BrickFair celebs!

You shouldn't take my opinions seriously, I get too excited over these things. I also seem to forget the details I've already watched in these - you might be making them too fun. I enjoyed the behind the scenes look, though.

I'm not sure who I'd like to see next...I'm a little strange in that I probably spend more time talking to BZP staff in person than on BZP. I kind of want next month's video to be another surprise-twist behind-the-scenes video from a different angle. Maybe the next reveal could be that you were actually at a different hotel, in a different year, all a dream, or in an alternate universe. Or maybe you were never there at all, and you're really different BZP staffers wearing masks!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, how the turn tables, as Zatth is the interviewee of the week (and a bit behind schedule, he will admit)! Unfortunately, after the episode was recorded, I realized my computer didn't capture the full Skype footage (remember in the Behind The Scenes how I said I usually hope the videos recorded well? Here's an example where the universe disagrees). Because of this, the footage of the lovely ChocolateFrogs who became the episode's interviewer was lost, but you can still thank him for taking the reigns for this episode!

As always, let us know what you thought of the episode and what you want to see in the future!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTBvnIObmX4

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

MICAH MICAH MICAH MICAH

>:C

And he thought there wouldn't be much interest in his episode...

Yes, indeed this month's guest is the lovely Kakaru! We talk MOCs, we talk NYCC, we talk other acronyms! Feel free to enjoy our lovely conversation, and leave any comments and feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXzOE00q9z8&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 5

• 5 weeks later...

New month, new episode! Today we have the head honcho, the grand enchilada, the Bossman(drew) himself, Black Six! Hear us talk about animation, LEGO Movie screenings, and what the deal is with Macadamia nuts!

[Editor's note: No such conversation on Macadamia nuts was had. For shame, Zatth.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YA5xz8Zdls

Next month we'll be talking with Aanchir, so if you've ever wanted to ask him a question, leave it here in the topic and I will ask him during next month's episode! In the meantine, enjoy this month's episode, leave questions for next month's episode, and any other comments or questions you might have on the series as a whole!

• Upvote 3

Interview T1S. :P

Sure, he's not STAFF, persay, but he;s the founder of the Kanohi Force, so that's gotta count for something... right?

You copied exactly what Shadow said. :glare:

Plus I'm president, so that should count as well. Let's just keep it as staff.

Yeah, Dalls, I was joking. :P 

On topic: Aanchir's next, huh? Hm. Can't think of any questions at the moment, but if/when I think of some, I'll be back to edit this post. :)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Argh, Zatth, you really need to cut down on the rambling. I wanted to hear B6. 

(I heart the stone-column impression at the beginning of the interview by said admin. I found that funny, in contrast to Zatth's enthusiasm.)

For Aanchir...hmm, that's a rough one. You may have to edit me. 

1. How rough was the Bionicle community back in 2005, 2006, etc?

2. What other Lego websites are you on in addition to BZPower, and how do they compare to this site?

3. Has the Lego and Bionicle community been helpful to you over the years?

4. Do you still like MLP?

• 1 month later...

Apologies (again) for the delay; the Zatth is really falling by the wayside, no?

Luckily, here we have this month's episode, featuring the wonderful Aanchir and, as a first, questions from YOU, the audience! As always, comment away and send in questions for next month's guest, Takuma Nuva!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klIBNb-exfU

Edited by Zatth
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

On another episode of Zatth is not that great at deadlines...
(i promise it will get better in a month, pinky promise)

This month's guest is Takuma Nuva, and this episode we feature a plethora of guest questions (by which I mean four)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqGuvli3pwI

Go give it a look, and leave any comments! Soon we'll have an update on next month's guest!

Edited by Zatth
  • Upvote 2

As I said on the FB post:

"Sorting Scary Skeletons."
Made my day!

I have to agree with that sentiment. I don't like sorting pieces, either. If there's a lot of parts, they usually come in organized bags, anyway. If it doesn't have a lot of parts, then there's less to dig through. Sorting parts was never a thing for me, and takes more time than necessary.

And I did listen all the way through. What am I doing with my life, Takuma asks? "Studying" for finals, of course. :P

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, it is indeed that time of the month when you get to meet (within technological confines) the Staff of BZP!

As always, leave comments and ideas for the channel or future guests. Soon as we have our next guest, I'll post for you to send in questions!