What is this Mask?

Dallior

Recently, I went to a friend's house, it being summer. He is a TFOL as well, but when searching through his LEGO bucket for JUST the right piece, I hit the jackpot.

Tons of old Bionicles. As he has no need or ability to use these Bonkle parts, he let me take some (he kept a lot of weapons). I got everything from a white Rahkshi head and a Vahki blade, to a Metruan torso and even a lime-green Kamama!

But one mask in specific piqued my interest. A mask I'd never seen before, and one I couldn't find anywhere after at least a half hour on Brickset, Brickipedia, and BioSector01.

Here are the pics:

View 1

View 2

View 3

If anyone knows what this is, or is interested in my full haul, please say so. Thanks, and I'll see you in the forums!

NOTE: Sorry for poor quality. Had to use webcam.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

That looks kind of like the Mask I have seen on Makuta MOCs. I guess that means it is his? I don't really know it is just a guess.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

That's Ultimate Dume's mask from an exclusive combiner model set. Its a pricey mask compared to most so its a good find.

But its less of a mask and more of a helmet. No powers though.

Ultimate Dume is supposed to be Teridax's winged-titan form from the second movie, being composed of the Metru Nui titans: Nivahk, Krekka, and Nidhiki.

Edited by MrSciFiGuy
  • Upvote 5

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

That's Ultimate Dume's mask from an exclusive combiner model set. Its a pricey mask compared to most so its a good find.

But its less of a mask and more of a helmet. No powers though

Ah, thanks! I looked on BioSector, but I assumed the "exclusive" mask was the MEK.

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Yeah, that's the ultimate Dume special edition (for lack of a better term) Kraahkan. It's a good find, since it's from a rare set.

KAPURA'D: Answered while I was typing. My bad.

Edited by Toa Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Any other pieces you can't identify? We love to help!

• Upvote 2

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

That's a rare alternate version of the Kanohi Kraahkan from 2004. I personally would much rather have the 2003 movie edition Mask of Shadows, but oh well. :P I just want a Kraahkan in general... <_<

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

That Kakama also sounds interesting... I've never heard of one in lime green before. Could it perhaps be a noble Komau? Or maybe it's a misprint? If you wouldn't mind uploading pics I'd love to take a look! :)

Recently, I went to a friend's house, it being summer. He is a TFOL as well, but when searching through his LEGO bucket for JUST the right piece, I hit the jackpot.

Tons of old Bionicles. As he has no need or ability to use these Bonkle parts, he let me take some (he kept a lot of weapons). I got everything from a white Rahkshi head and a Vahki blade, to a Metruan torso and even a lime-green Kamama!

Good show, that's certainly a nice find. People seem to be drastically over-valuing it though as someone on Bricklink has thousands of the things. I have one listed for £5 because I'm the only UK seller with one but even that's a high price and I don't expect it to sell any time soon so it's a very cool mask but somehow, incredibly common :P

What's a TFOL by the way? Is it a teenage fan of Lego? Isn't that a pretty normal age to still be a fan of Lego? I mean when you hit 18 you become an AFOL and anything up to that seems like it doesn't really need a label. Though admittedly 16-18 may be a grey area as I think Lego uses 16yo as a cut off for a lot of stuff right? The big sets tend to be 16+ I believe...

Lime green kamama sounds awesome :D Is it a komau perhaps? That's Turaga Matau's noble kanohi. If it's a kakama then I agree with infrared and would very much like to see it as it's not known to exist in such a colour!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Sorry, sorry. Meant teal Kakama. Hope that didn't through you guys off. After looking up it, it turns out it's fairly rare as well. It came with the Tarakava set, and that was the only possible way to get a teal Kamama.

My full haul: One Keerahk blade (he kept two for mech weapons), teal Kakama, Ultimate Dume mask, one white Rahkshi head (yay for Rahk MOCs!), one red Rahk foot, one gray Rahkshi foot (only available through Lhikan and Kikanalo). He also kept one Lhikan greatsword, one Turaga Onewa hammer, a silver Metruan torso. He also supposedly has a lot more in storage, and I look forward to looking through them when I can.

Sorry, sorry. Meant teal Kakama. Hope that didn't through you guys off. After looking up it, it turns out it's fairly rare as well. It came with the Tarakava set, and that was the only possible way to get a teal Kamama.

My full haul: One Keerahk blade (he kept two for mech weapons), teal Kakama, Ultimate Dume mask, one white Rahkshi head (yay for Rahk MOCs!), one red Rahk foot, one gray Rahkshi foot (only available through Lhikan and Kikanalo). He also kept one Lhikan greatsword, one Turaga Onewa hammer, a silver Metruan torso. He also supposedly has a lot more in storage, and I look forward to looking through them when I can.

Oh no worries! A teal Kakama is super cool too, and it should have some great MOCing potential. Let us know what else you get!

Gray Rahkshi feet also came in Carapar.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Gray Rahkshi feet also came in Carapar.

Also, the one in Lhikan and Kikanalo was NOT gray—it was Metallic Black, same as Vorahk's feet.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

like others have said, that's the angular, Ultimate-Dume exclusive. mask of shadows.

(i've seen/heard it called "movie style" before)

You're getting confused with the MEK (Movie Edition Kraahkan). What Dallior has here is the UDK (Ultimate Dume Kraahkan).

UngluedBike, official representative of B/S/T, at your service. I know collectibles like the back of my hand :P 

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

like others have said, that's the angular, Ultimate-Dume exclusive. mask of shadows.

(i've seen/heard it called "movie style" before)

You're getting confused with the MEK (Movie Edition Kraahkan). What Dallior has here is the UDK (Ultimate Dume Kraahkan).

UngluedBike, official representative of B/S/T, at your service. I know collectibles like the back of my hand :P

"Hey is that new?" Waits for Alphonse Elric to check his hand before a wreaking ball comes by.

Wow I didn't know the original Makuta had so many Masks associated with him.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Nice ROBOTS reference, Prowl. I thought everyone had forgotten that flick. :P

Well it is Robin Williams and one of my favorite parts of the movie... Couldn't resist the chance to immolate it. Kudos to you for recognizing it :D.

Onua.png

DALLIOR: RAHKSHI LORD, TOA VANSON, AND PROWL NIGHTWOLF: THE ONLY GUYS IN THE INTERNET WHO STILL REMEMBER ROBOTS

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

I remember robots, depite only having seen the first ten or so minutes (I was at my aunt's house, we put the DVD in, then I had to go home almost immediately). Long live Robin Williams, though. The Genie was one of my favorite characters as a little kid (and still is). ("What do you need? *poof* What do you need? *poof* What do you need?" "BEE yourself!")

Anyway, the "official" name for this mask is "Mask of Power," which is unfortunate, as every Kanohi is a "Mask of Power," but that's what the Ultimate Dume box lebels it as. It's not as rare as the 2003 MEK, but it's rarer than other rare masks, like, say, the gold Vahi.

The teal Kakama isn't particularly rare, but again, it's rarer than most other masks because only one set in history had it (Tarakava), and that set only includes one.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water