Check Out the BIONICLE Summer Set Combiners

tn_15_06_16_bionicle-summer-sets-combine

BZPower member TheOneVeyronian was once again kind enough to provide us with some new pictures of this year's summer sets. This time, he's got pictures of the two summer set combiners: Skull Grinder, Skull Scorpio and Ekimu (it's Takutanuva all over again!) and Skull Basher and Skull Slicer. No instructions yet but those aren't particularly useful if you haven't got the sets anyway. Thanks to TheOneVeyronian for the scans!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

The Skull Grinder, Skull Scorpio, and Ekimu combiner looks really cool. I really like its color scheme and weapons. The Skull Basher and Skull Slicer combiner is also cool, though its color scheme isn't as good as the other one IMO.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I guess I may have misread or misremembered, but didn't the product pages from Best Buy say that the Warrior/Slicer/Basher combiner would have multiple heads? Cause there's a distinct lack of more than a single head on that combiner. Kind of a bummer.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

Jeez.

Both combiners have really stubby arms.

The Scorpio+Grinder+Ekimu combi model actually seems to have arms that are only slightly out of proportion with its body — it's just foreshortening that makes them look stubby. I could be looking at it wrong, though. The other combi model's arms are definitely way out of proportion with its body, but I'm almost more bothered by its legs.

Jeez.

The Scorpio+Grinder+Ekimu combi model actually seems to have arms that are only slightly out of proportion with its body — it's just foreshortening that makes them look stubby. I could be looking at it wrong, though. The other combi model's arms are definitely way out of proportion with its body, but I'm almost more bothered by its legs.

Scrawny arms seems to be a motif for both combiners.

One would imagine lifting swords/blades of that magnititude and size would give you ripping biceps and forearms.

Edited by Lord Commander Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Jeez.

Scrawny arms seems to be a motif for both combiners.

One would imagine lifting swords/blades of that magnititude and size would give you ripping biceps and forearms.

Spooky scary skeletons don't HAVE biceps. :P

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 4 weeks later...

Colour me impressed. These are a level beyond winter's pathetic combo's... The Slicer+Basher+Warrior combo has a bit of a crazy colour scheme but the build looks intensive and fun. And it looks quite a bit like a Kaita, moreso than any of the other combiners in the last billion years of the franchise.

Ekimu+Kulta+Skorpio though... WOAH. THAT looks like a titan. Kind of hoping it appears in the story, and I personally can't wait to build it.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I must say. These are very impressive and epic combiners!

For the Skull Warrior-Slicer-Basher one, he would look like that the Skull Creatures had put themselves together to form this combiner. I like the four-arm idea, spikes, horns, and transparent colors. I would imagine that if their respective Toa defeated these Skull guys, they would combine to make things harder for them. He looks very epic.:)

As for the Mask-Maker-Skull Grinder-Skull Scorpio, he looks super-epic! He looks more of a titan, similar the old days of Bionicle! I love his weapons, spikes and armor. They look awesome!:D Plus, I like how his weapon on his right hand look like that it can pinch like a crab claw.:) Man, the Mask of Creation looks evil when he is wearing it! I would think the Skull Grunder would use the mask to transform himself into more powerful form.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)