What do YOU think the Shadowed One's name is?

I do recall that his original name was Colin. He changed it to "The Shadowed One" last Naming Day.

~B~

"We're sure he's just going through a phase," Colin's parents said when asked about the name change. "He's still the sweet, gentle boy we've always known, so what does it matter what he wants us to call him?"

• Upvote 8

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I do recall that his original name was Colin. He changed it to "The Shadowed One" last Naming Day.

~B~

"We're sure he's just going through a phase," Colin's parents said when asked about the name change. "He's still the sweet, gentle boy we've always known, so what does it matter what he wants us to call him?"

*the distant bellow of IT'S NOT A PHASE MOM muffled behind the upstairs door*

• Upvote 7

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

That's my reasoning behind Drax. One, that it was used in Hero Factory, and two, that it is simple. The Shadowed One sounds majestic and important, so the reason why he used that was to cover up his simple name that would have sounded pathetic as the leader of a crime syndicate that he wanted taken seriously. 

• Upvote 5

I'd dig combining a real person's name that worked on Bionicle, like Greg!

Gretey

or

Fareg

Both are silly, makes sense to for them to be covered up and kept secret!

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

This has gotten old now.

You're right. Makes me wonder if the question was serious or not.

Well, even if it was, there was really no way to give a good answer, considering we have literally no idea what names were in the running for the Shadowed One. Without that, "Leeroy Jenkins" is as good a guess as "Kaharad" or whatever.

• Upvote 5

This has gotten old now.

You're right. Makes me wonder if the question was serious or not.

Well, even if it was, there was really no way to give a good answer, considering we have literally no idea what names were in the running for the Shadowed One. Without that, "Leeroy Jenkins" is as good a guess as "Kaharad" or whatever.

That's what I mean. It's like asking "What color hair do you think most Plutonians have?"

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

The good people of Plutonia didn't die for this.

I was referring to the planet, BTW (ugh, dwarf planet, whatever, I'm still upset about that).

I mean, it was either drop Pluto as a planet, or start making very big asteroids planets. They did, in fact, have reasons for coming up with a solid definition of planet, and reasons for why it excludes Pluto.

I'm sorry for the tangent (but then again, the topic is pointless), but I don't understand the backlash against the defining of planet just because it was necessary to exclude Pluto.

• Upvote 5

I don't see the point of even guessing. If The Shadowed One is the only name he actually uses, why would his "real" name matter? For that matter, how could any name be more "real" than the name everybody in the known universe knows him by? This isn't a secret identity, a name that identifies him with a side of his life that's every bit as important as his life as "The Shadowed One". It's just a name that he abandoned before he ever acquired any sort of reputation.

• Upvote 1

I don't see the point of even guessing. If The Shadowed One is the only name he actually uses, why would his "real" name matter? For that matter, how could any name be more "real" than the name everybody in the known universe knows him by? This isn't a secret identity, a name that identifies him with a side of his life that's every bit as important as his life as "The Shadowed One". It's just a name that he abandoned before he ever acquired any sort of reputation.

Good point.  But what if his real identity was Makuta or someone that you never would have thought of?

For example: Wait, Lariska is the shadowed one?  That makes no sense at all!  

And then if they were to go into detail further they could explain it more and why and ends up finishing in a unique plot twist but G1 had plenty of those so really it would be unnecessary.

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

It certainly does not; they've talked in contexts where they very clearly weren't the same person. Besides, Lariska has been described as being green, and the Shadowed One is orange and black.

I get your general point, but I highly doubt that's the case. Greg would have had no trouble revealing his name at any point if it were related to a twist like that; the name would already have cleared legal, and it would definitely be a different enough situation from Teridax to not warrant ire from fans. His old name is just trivia.

• Upvote 3

What do YOU think this topic's point is?

The point is we all took some time to have some harmless fun before we go back to the grueling trivia caves to mine hard fact and develop "theory lung" for which there is no cure or treatment.

• Upvote 7

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

It certainly does not; they've talked in contexts where they very clearly weren't the same person. Besides, Lariska has been described as being green, and the Shadowed One is orange and black.

I get your general point, but I highly doubt that's the case. Greg would have had no trouble revealing his name at any point if it were related to a twist like that; the name would already have cleared legal, and it would definitely be a different enough situation from Teridax to not warrant ire from fans. His old name is just trivia.

Exactly!  You never know, but then again knowing Greg you're right.  

Or it ends up being the first time he has decided to do it with any of his stories and not only are we shocked about the story but we are also shocked about Greg.   :P  But the chances of that happening are one million to one.

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!