Hero Recon Website Discussion Topic

Sybre

You know HeroRecon.com, right? With the creator and gallery? We can discuss it here. I have a few pros and cons about it.Pros

• [*]Creator![*]Order your Hero. (Did that once.)[*]Manageable price.[*]Play as your hero.[*]The sticker.[*]Cool customized box and accurate instructions.[*]Order as many Heroes as you want.[*]Gallery.[*]Sweet upgrades.[*]The exclusive armor.

Cons

• [*]Color limits.[*]That pesky weight limit.[*]Limited part selection and amount.[*]No "imagined" names. The name options are in a drop-down list. They're limited.[*]The delivery time. Did I wait a month for my Hero?[*]Default colors.[*]No wrist armor.[*]No 1.0 creator in that style.

There you have it. Overall, Hero Recon gets three stars. What do you think?Sybre

mindeth the cobwebs

Technically, there's not a weight limit. Rather, there's a maximum piece number. So you can have up to 35 parts whether they're bulky or very small.I don't mind the name limitations except for the complete lack of female or even unisex names (like Alex or Sam).One thing I like about the service, of course, is that the parts are also available from Pick-A-Brick if you're not interested in getting a full Hero package. Additionally, the fact that it's tied in with the Hero Factory story makes it a much richer experience.

Technically, there's not a weight limit. Rather, there's a maximum piece number. So you can have up to 35 parts whether they're bulky or very small.I don't mind the name limitations except for the complete lack of female or even unisex names (like Alex or Sam).One thing I like about the service, of course, is that the parts are also available from Pick-A-Brick if you're not interested in getting a full Hero package. Additionally, the fact that it's tied in with the Hero Factory story makes it a much richer experience.

Oh, that's right! Not weight! And I didn't even notice the unisex names!

mindeth the cobwebs

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea how long after the 2012 sets come out until the recon site updates it's parts? Also where would be the right place to "show off" my Hero Recon creations?

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Any idea how long after the 2012 sets come out until the recon site updates it's parts? Also where would be the right place to "show off" my Hero Recon creations?

There are a few places, actually.1. The Hero Recon website gallery.2. Brickshelf. Do you know how to save a picture of your HR creation?3. Majhost. You can log on with a brickshelf account.4. Lego.com gallery.5. Photobucket. That's the last thing I could think of.I have no idea when HR.com will update in 2012. I wonder when LDD Extended will do so...

mindeth the cobwebs

There are a few places, actually.1. The Hero Recon website gallery.2. Brickshelf. Do you know how to save a picture of your HR creation?3. Majhost. You can log on with a brickshelf account.4. Lego.com gallery.5. Photobucket. That's the last thing I could think of.I have no idea when HR.com will update in 2012. I wonder when LDD Extended will do so...
LDD is due for an upgrade in January I believe. But it's hard to predict when HRT will update since in the past its updates have been tied to Design byME and Pick-A-Brick updates, and Design byME will be ending in January. From my experience, Pick-A-Brick usually updates in April and September, but because Design byME ending the April update may get pushed ahead.

LDD is due for an upgrade in January I believe. But it's hard to predict when HRT will update since in the past its updates have been tied to Design byME and Pick-A-Brick updates, and Design byME will be ending in January. From my experience, Pick-A-Brick usually updates in April and September, but because Design byME ending the April update may get pushed ahead.
I never thought of that. You do have a point.

mindeth the cobwebs