Leatherback out of ccbs. Not good at making ccbs mocs.

Here's the link:

http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/141b8daa-2f64-4de3-873e-5a88cc39e15e?index=3

Of course this is not the best, but at least I tried.  I already know what is wrong with this, so no need to point it out.

Edited by Gipsy Danger

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

I'm glad to see you experimenting with CCBS, considering you've made your distaste for it clear in the past. But honestly, when you said "out of CCBS", I expected the CCBS parts to make up more than half of the model. I understand now that you used up most of your CCBS parts and had to supplement them with classic Bionicle parts, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it did take me a bit by surprise.

I wonder if you might have better luck starting with a smaller MOC? Larger MOCs are difficult whether you're working with CCBS or classic Bionicle parts, especially when your collection is limited. I can understand wanting to make a kaiju like Leatherback as big as possible, but keep in mind that unless the model you're building is designed specifically to interact with an existing model (Is it? If so, the size probably makes more sense), you can make the scale as big or small as necessary to properly represent the form you're trying to achieve.

By the way, I just saw Pacific Rim (or part of it, at least) for the first time yesterday. Now I see what all the fuss is about!

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This MOC is okay. I can see where you are going with it, and it's nice for what it's worth.

I wonder if you might have better luck starting with a smaller MOC? Larger MOCs are difficult whether you're working with CCBS or classic Bionicle parts, especially when your collection is limited.

I was going to get to something like this the last time I commented on one of your MOCs, but then I was hit with unnecessary amounts of negativity, so I'll say it here.

From what I and many others have seen in this community, bigger does not by default mean better. In your case of having a limited parts collection, try starting off small if you can, especially when it comes to using CCBS. For example, Lego Digital Designer (a.k.a. LDD) is a great place to start, as it has a vast variety of parts for the creator to use. When it comes to smaller builds, however, CCBS has a time to shine; just look at these mini versions of the new Toa that I made a few months ago. And, yes, I already know about your distaste for the system, but I advise you to give it a try for smaller models in LDD at the very least.

I see so much potential here. Really, I do, because I've never built anything this big (at least as far as I can remember...). Think of this what you want, but know that, please.

• Upvote 2

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

As everyone here said, to make MOCs that look good you should start at a scale you can manage with a few colors. Think about which colors you have in abundance and maybe try to work using them. Then think about which other colors could complement these on the same MOC, and that might give you a very unique color scheme that noone has used before! Also, as much as I hate to admit it, CCBS is quite useful. It gives you a new degree of structure that cannot be achieved with just regular Bionicle. My builds usually comprise a CCBS and technic skeleton with Bionicle and CCBS plating where appropriate. CCBS is immensely useful when you're trying to build something large, since it can give you great reinforcement for parts of your build. As people have recommended before, LDD is a great starting point for CCBS, because you're not restricted to the parts you own. As everyone else has said, I do see potential in the MOC, but it's somewhat obscured by all the clashing colors. Finally, best of luck on future builds!

:tohu:

• Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...

You know, minus the colors and perhaps a little skimpiness of just using limb pieces in some places, I think the framework as a whole is actually quite good!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?