Breaking Point

Krayzikk

IC:

"I did not hear you at all, which is a related issue. But no, I did not hear you cursing at the Olympic's Raptors, you are correct. So I apologize for any undue distress my rare use of profane language caused your very, very delicate ears, Ms. White."

IC:

"I believe that I am." The German pilot stated, carefully poring over the available preset Walkers. Warriors, Scouts, Gunners, and Raptors. A Raptor would likely grant the greatest advantage, but it was least similar to his own machine. And he was least qualified to pilot it, out of any of the available models. Still, the closest comparison to the Vernichten's handling style wasn't a Warrior. 

A Scout, then. DMR with backup pistols. Standard issue shield, and a standard issue heat machete. 

Close as he was going to get.

"Yes, yes I am."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC maigo:

The fiery tempered pilot had decided at some point that moping wasn't going to do her any good, and instead was in one of the simulators, trying desperately to recreate the battle that had just occurred, in hopes of figuring out what she could to win.

So far, she was at a staggering nine complete losses. And zero wins of any kind.

Barely muffled screaming and swearing could be heard from within the Simulator.

IC: Christoph

"Good."

The Lockheed Custom was essentially a slower, more armoured and javelin-equipped Warrior.

He would go with the basic FAW-007[G]. He knew the class well. He had piloted one before joining the Test Team.

A machine gun rifle. Shield. A heat axe. Head vulcans.

"Christoph Lockheed, launching."

IC maigo:

The fiery tempered pilot had decided at some point that moping wasn't going to do her any good, and instead was in one of the simulators, trying desperately to recreate the battle that had just occurred, in hopes of figuring out what she could to win.

So far, she was at a staggering nine complete losses. And zero wins of any kind.

Barely muffled screaming and swearing could be heard from within the Simulator.

IC: Hassan

Finishing up the meal, Hassan absent-mindedly ambled in the direction of the simulators. He couldn't shake the feeling that he had performed much more poorly in the Battle(having entered right at the end) than he should have.

A good long stint in the simulator should do the trick...

As he approached them, he heard a muffled string of expletives from the nearest one. When they finally stopped, he approached the simulator.

"Um, hello?"

Edited by Norik Toa Of CuSO4

IC:

"You're fine." Ayane stated without a hint of concern, looking back over to the other two pilots. She tapped Lauren's shoulder briefly to indicate the subject of her remarks before continuing. "Lauren is trying to pretend she isn't happy to see me."

"She'll behave."

IC:

Though Benjamin felt the simulator come to life around him, he didn't indulge in any particular pre-battle phrase; without a launch control operator to notify, it was needless. Better to familiarize himself with his 'machine'. The controls, naturally, were almost identical to a Warrior's, but the handling with significantly better. Not too dissimilar to the Vernichten, however, which was exactly what he was going for. It seemed he had been placed in the Greater Cairo metropolitan area, nestled among business centers and tall, multi-story buildings.

Nothing on the sensors just yet, but he was keeping an eye on them. He needed an appropriate long-range position. The pair of buildings a few blocks to the southeast would do; they provided good cover, while allowing a wide field of view. Just what he needed. He began making his way towards them carefully, on alert for any sensor readings that might indicate his superior's location.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"That's TBD. But stick around, Gwen. If you leave me alone with her she's going to lock me in the med bay again."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I suppose if someone found me a grocery store that was open, I could make pizza. Provided I had access to a kitchen. But to be perfectly honest, finding a store is no more likely than finding an actual pizza restaurant."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Christoph

The Warrior-type provided by the simulator was fast and agile, its handling significantly different from the bulkier Lockheed Custom. Christoph had, for a second, nearly mistaken the controls for his own customised machine, but the memories of his service with the Pacific Forces returned immediately as the walker began to move. It was similar to the generic machine of his youth, albeit a bit more streamlined. And essentially an illusion.

The vibrations felt unreal. The scent of iron and sweat was nonexistent. No matter how realistic Cairo seemed, the warm air could not be replicated. Nor the sounds of a bustling city.

It was fake. Unreal.

He had never been one for simulators. But with his own machine down for repairs, and the threat of the Union looming large, he would need to train with them.

The Test Team's leader breathed in. He breathed out. He listened. Nothing. He watched the scenery. Nothing.

His subordinate was nowhere to be seen.

His walker reached out on a whim to brush against a tree. It wasn't a tree. It seemed like a tree.

But it was too perfect.

No matter. It was time for combat to begin.

The walker began to move towards the Qasr al-Nil. The sheer size of the bridge, the lack of real cover or sniping areas ... it would nullify a number of Benjamin's advantages.

But only if he moved quickly.

He moved faster.

IC (As Rojo)

As Rojo weaved through the halls of the base, dodging crowds, soldiers and the like with equal aplomb. Well. Not so much dodging as twisting out of the way at the least second so he didn't barrel them over, or get barreled over. There was much to ponder-the implications of the casualty ratio (that one was easy, admittedly), what the next move of the colonists would be, his own utterly unacceptable overconfidence....

But first. There was another matter to deal with.

A grandes males, grandes remedios.

There it was. The medbay. And if the amount of noise-frantic shouts, electronic beeps-coming from within it were any indication, his hunch had been right.

Hopefully an extra pair of hands would be of use.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"Ha. Hey Ayane, you've never had Horizon base rations, have ya?" Nadia's face regained some more life to it, as the spark in her emerald eyes grew absolutely devilish. "Five bites and you'll be legging it atop the water back to Tokyo. Only those with the holy water and the solemn blessing of a local Walker pilot can survive a sixth."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Maigo:

There was a pause, and some heavy breathing.

The door to the simulator burst open, and an extremely frazzled looking Japanese woman stepped out, still breathing hard.

"What do you want??!"

IC: Hassan

Taken aback, Hassan backpaddled hurriedly.

"Woah woah, sorry. Am I interrupting something?"

IC: October M. Brightbridge

"Likely her stint inside the simulator," said a breezy, lightly accented voice from near Hassan and Maigo.

The speaker was a beautiful young woman, one who carried herself with grace and poise. Her lustrous ginger locks flowed across her shoulders, parting like the Red Sea had under the sweet ministrations of Moses. Her blue eyes glittered, and her smile was gentle and calm as her steps faltered so that she could observe the scene.

She was making an entrance.

"Oberstabsgefreiter Brightbridge," she said, introducing herself.

Edited by Walking Stereotype

IC:

"They can't be that much worse than what the Far East Brigade serves."

IC:

It was several minutes of careful, block-by-block movement before Benjamin caught any sign of his superior. Distant movement, hard to discern much detail until he peered through the scope of his Walker's rifle. But lo and behold, there he was. Warrior-type Walker, west side of the Nile. Across the Quasr Al-Nil bridge. Which, in fact, seemed to be his destination. Clever. The bridge was too long for him to be able to shoot end-to-end, and there was much less cover for his Scout to hide behind. Buuuuut... 

A quick scan of the terrain revealed his best option. Cluster of relatively tall, multi-story buildings arranged around a central drive. Just off the El-Tahrir Square. The east edge of the Nile, in fact, was lined with a fair few buildings like it. Both they and the bridge were south of him, but they provided the perfect cover moving in. Clear course. The German pilot's Scout moved carefully down the street, using the buildings along the Nile for cover as he moved into position. The gap between buildings as he headed towards the cluster he originally sighted was a little large, so he opted instead for a taller building that was slightly closer.

The Scout eased into position behind it, crouching low and training its sights on the bridge. It was southwest of his position, with the building obstructing clear view of Benjamin's machine; if Christoph moved towards the center of the bridge, or at least only a little offset from it, he'd have a good, clean shot. He suspected the Test Team's captain would. If he stayed to the West side of the bridge, he nullified most of the bridge's perceived advantages. Same for if he crossed to the east side. No, the spot he was 'safest' was towards the center, where he assumed Ben would have to face him in the open.

The shot was a little long range for his tastes, without the Vernichten's higher powered gun, but it was within effective range. He just needed him to edge out somewhere into the eastern seventy percent.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Lauren snickered softly under her breath, fingers pulling apart one of the soft chocolate chip cookies.

"We could repair the Wolf with all the money we spent going out to eat, remember, Ayane? ######, probably with just the money we spent ordering food in from the apartment."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Nadia, however, appeared to have reached a conclusion that combined the best part of Ayane's and Gwen's. Putting half a cookie in her mouth and chewing through the soft dough, she tilted her head back to swallow her snack and crack her neck. The Raptor pilot let out a deep breath with the motion and shrugged to herself.

"Well, ladies, I'm glad we're all okay. But I think I want to go check on my Walker. Make sure nobody from R&D has come to try and repossess her. Speaking of repossession," she added, grabbing Inoue Ayane by the sleeve, "you are going to come with me. I haven't finished giving you for calling the cops on me."

"Doctors, Lauren."

"They bound my hands and locked me up without my phone call. They're close enough. Bye girls."

Pulling Ayane along (and, conspicuously, not delivering upon the threatened -giving) Nadia White stalked in the direction of the base's Walker bays.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"It's a hospital, you're not owed a phone call. In fact it's a Federation medbay. You're owed one even less." The Japanese pilot insisted, not concerned with the path she was being pulled along. In fact given the lack of resistance it was less 'pulled' and more 'guided'. After only a cursory moment of attempting to stay still, Ayane quickened her pace to allow the Horizon Raptor pilot to merely steer her in the right direction. 

"And they did not perform any procedures that were not otherwise necessary. I ensured the necessary procedures occurred. Nothing more."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"So not only were my rights impugned upon, not only was I operated on without consent, not only was I nearly disbarred from the vending machine, the sole proprietor of honest junk food, but you, yourself, Inoue Ayane, colleague, best friend, and former long-term girlfriend, were the supervisor looming over me while I was sedated and pumped full of fluids like a water balloon."

Nadia's eyes were lit up, hands shoved in her pockets, top half of her slung over her right shoulder - the very portrait of an insurgent pilot.

"This is..."

Her face was still as ice, brows furrowed indignantly.

"...This is a betrayal of all..."

Underneath the short sleeves of her leather jacket and tank top, her dark skin was taut, muscles screaming to be used in a predatory pounce.

"This is..."

Her strides had become harsh, lockstep, falling in a clicking pattern that pounded through the hallway. Her chest shook.

"Teehee."

And the pilot broke into a tired giggle.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Marcus

She flinched, and probably would'a grabbed onto something to hold herself up... if Gwen hadn't already... taken that precaution.  "That bad huh?" She scrunched her lips together and flared her nose in emphatic disapproval. "Ouch, that bites."

"How did they catch us with our pants down?" She wasn't really asking Gwen specifically, more of a brief moment of clarity surfacing from the painkiller-induced haze, which likely was the only thing keeping her from outright fuming. "We got a few of them, right? I mean I messed up two of the big ones pretty good."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -