• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Breaking Point

RPG Mecha GIANT ROBOTO

• Please log in to reply
940 replies to this topic

#921 Offline Peele

Peele
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 14,082 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2017 - 03:21 PM

IC:

"Oh come on, give me some credit here. I did go to school for this." The German engineer grumbled aloud, casually going about grounding the power conduit in a safe manner. Albeit without much interest, given how often he had done such things.

"I haven't even caused much trouble since the Baconator. Which is still disputed."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

#922 Offline AuRon the champion

AuRon the champion
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 02-January 12
  • 4,525 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2017 - 09:04 PM

IC:

"I was referring to how they don't bother to break out of it- But yea, that's a fair point I guess," Kristen said with a sigh, getting some of the meat pies for herself.

#923 Offline Conway

Conway
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 30-January 11
  • 4,754 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2017 - 09:40 PM

IC:

Gwen grinned.

~ ~ ~

The Scout stood with its arms outspread, held up by winches and supported under catwalks, looking to embrace the world like Jesus on that crucifix. Its armour was burnished copper, and along the right flank was a vertical spattering of red paint chips: an outline of an echo of a name. Kimberly. Gwen traced a finger along the letters. Tapped against the twice. Whistled low.

"What do you see here, Hassan?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

#924 Offline NorikSigma

NorikSigma
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 06-November 11
  • 3,488 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2017 - 08:38 AM

IC: Hassan

Hassan looked up at the Scout, towering over the pair despite its relatively small Walker size.

"A scout undergoing maintenance?"

BZPRPG Profiles / Breaking Point Profiles

HB2a3UZ.jpg

Oh god I finally added a sig image that fit within the size limit

#925 Offline Rache

Rache
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26-October 11
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2017 - 11:22 PM

IC: "Alright, while we're on the subject of food, horror, and terrible things you've done, do you have any schematics for the Baconator? I feel like that's the only way I'm ever going to understand exactly what kind of monster you created."

"Or have they locked those in a vault and refused to disclose the location to you?"

I will not sign myself Vernet, and until the hunt is done and the world restored, I beg you to think of me simply as,

',;^)

-Rache

#926 Offline 25K When?

25K When?
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 23,126 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2017 - 10:21 AM

IC:

"I was referring to how they don't bother to break out of it- But yea, that's a fair point I guess," Kristen said with a sigh, getting some of the meat pies for herself.

IC: Kenny MacDomnall

"I don't think it's possible to break out."

He still hadn't decided on his meal.

---

IC: Christoph Lockheed

"It's better not to pry, Lance Corporal," interrupted Christoph, the Test Team Captain's gaze flicking towards Ben for a moment. Unlike his subordinate, it seemed that he did feel as if the Baconator incident was one of the more troublesome issues that their group had faced. Even when compared to fever-induced solutions to a lack of firepower by installing a nuclear bazooka (thankfully shot down by saner members of R&D) or those strange "decoy balloons" that were supposed to create life-sized copies of one's Walker.

#927 Offline AuRon the champion

AuRon the champion
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 02-January 12
  • 4,525 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2017 - 06:42 PM

IC:

Kristen watched attempt to decide.

"If you can't decide on one, just get both."

#928 Offline 25K When?

25K When?
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 23,126 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2017 - 03:58 AM

IC: Kenny MacDomnall

"But that means using more dosh!"

#929 Offline Conway

Conway
  • Members

• 30-January 11
  • 4,754 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 14 2017 - 10:08 PM

Hassan looked up at the Scout, towering over the pair despite its relatively small Walker size.

IC:

"Not just that," she said. "It's Kimberly, bro. You can see where the letters were right here, y'see?"

Her fingers tapped against the chipped paint.

"Who's Kimberly? Was it the pilot's name? Was it their mother's? Sister's? Girlfriend's? Daughter's? Was it a name they read in a book somewhere that they couldn't forget? The name of a great-great-grandmother on their uncle's side that they heard stories about growing up?" She laid a hand against the cold metal plating. "I don't know. But whatever they named this mech after meant something to them. Because this mech means something to them. It'll be their best friend out in the field, out in the fray. They'll be closer to this Scout than they might be to their actual best friend. Know it more intimately than a lover. It'll be their lifeline, their rock, and their only hope when push comes to shove and they're staring down the barrel of an Ark Union gun."

"What you see here, Hassan," Gwen said, "is someone's life. And it's in our hands right now."

-Void

#930 Offline Peele

Peele
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 14,082 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2017 - 10:59 PM

IC:

"I'm not allowed to work on them. Never got past the prototype phase. No one got hurt, it was all because of the..." At the glance from his Captain, Ben's voice trailed off though he did mutter something about 'power requirements' under his breath. After a few moments spent bolting the panel that covered Vernichten's power junction back on, he glanced back to Fairuza. "Eventually I'll get to revisit it."

"Current system works better, anyway. Connector's a weak point on the old girl but if they're behind me I already have a problem. Power flow is a whole lot more stable."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

#931 Offline NorikSigma

NorikSigma
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 06-November 11
  • 3,488 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2017 - 09:44 AM

IC:

"Not just that," she said. "It's Kimberly, bro. You can see where the letters were right here, y'see?"

Her fingers tapped against the chipped paint.

"Who's Kimberly? Was it the pilot's name? Was it their mother's? Sister's? Girlfriend's? Daughter's? Was it a name they read in a book somewhere that they couldn't forget? The name of a great-great-grandmother on their uncle's side that they heard stories about growing up?" She laid a hand against the cold metal plating. "I don't know. But whatever they named this mech after meant something to them. Because this mech means something to them. It'll be their best friend out in the field, out in the fray. They'll be closer to this Scout than they might be to their actual best friend. Know it more intimately than a lover. It'll be their lifeline, their rock, and their only hope when push comes to shove and they're staring down the barrel of an Ark Union gun."

"What you see here, Hassan," Gwen said, "is someone's life. And it's in our hands right now."

-Void

Woah.

Hassan was completely enraptured by the genuine care and reverence in Gwen's voice. It wasn't that Hassan had never thought of a mech as something more than a tool or weapon. He certainly cared for Djinn much more than that. He'd brought Hassan out of numerous battles, his guardian genie, and he'd always made sure the old heap got the best care Hassan could find. Heck, that was how Hassan had met Gwen; he was complaining about shoddy maintenance work, after all.

Hassan looked back at the name, the myriad possibile triumphs and defeats throughout the Scout's life unfolding in his mind's eye. All of that could disappear into a thermonuclear pile in a second in war.

Gwen was right. The techies were entrusted with a life, but it wasn't just the pilot's.

"Got to admit, I never realised the gravity of your work Gwen, apart from its obvious essentiality. Real glad to have someone like you taking care of our other, mechanized halves."

Edited by Agent Norik of E.Y.E., Mar 20 2017 - 09:46 AM.

HB2a3UZ.jpg

#932 Offline John Egbert

John Egbert
  • Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 14-October 11
  • 5,597 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 04 2017 - 11:43 PM

IC Maigo Koizumi:

"So.... where are we? Any suggestions for positioning?"

TG: dont make me track you down through time and stop you in person

EB: you can't track down through time WHAT YOU CAN'T CATCH!

EB: pchoooooo!

TG: oh god did you just blast off

EB: no...

EB: but that would have been sweet if i did just then.

My BZPRPG profiles!

Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast

The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

#933 Offline Conway

Conway
  • Members

• 30-January 11
  • 4,754 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2017 - 06:03 PM

Woah.

Hassan was completely enraptured by the genuine care and reverence in Gwen's voice. It wasn't that Hassan had never thought of a mech as something more than a tool or weapon. He certainly cared for Djinn much more than that. He'd brought Hassan out of numerous battles, his guardian genie, and he'd always made sure the old heap got the best care Hassan could find. Heck, that was how Hassan had met Gwen; he was complaining about shoddy maintenance work, after all.

Hassan looked back at the name, the myriad possibile triumphs and defeats throughout the Scout's life unfolding in his mind's eye. All of that could disappear into a thermonuclear pile in a second in war.

Gwen was right. The techies were entrusted with a life, but it wasn't just the pilot's.

"Got to admit, I never realised the gravity of your work Gwen, apart from its obvious essentiality. Real glad to have someone like you taking care of our other, mechanized halves."

OOC: Really sorry about the (very) late reply. College got the better of me.

IC:

"And you, for today, anyway," Gwen said, strolling over to Hassan and bopping him, lightly, on the shoulder. "Come on, let's get this show on the road. Can you get in the cockpit for me?"

-Void

#934 Offline Peele

Peele
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 14,082 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2017 - 10:59 PM

IC: Christoph Lockheed

"I'll pass the message along to R&D and the engineering staff to try working your proposal into a reality," replied the Test Team's captain. "And I don't believe there's too much else for me to take care of for the moment, so I'm free to join you."

He paused for a second, before glancing over to where Ben and Fairuza were - the workbench.

"Armbruster, put a warning sign up in case one of the engineers isn't familiar with you."

IC:

"I'm a little new here, sir," The Japanese pilot began, after listening to the talk between test pilots. Her head was cocked ever so slightly as she tried to understand the scene, but straightened again as she began talking. "So I'm not quite sure where the mess hall is."

"And I was wondering... How does one get in line for some of these more interesting modifications?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

#935 Offline NorikSigma

NorikSigma
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 06-November 11
  • 3,488 posts
  •  

Posted May 08 2017 - 05:08 AM

OOC: Really sorry about the (very) late reply. College got the better of me.

IC:

"And you, for today, anyway," Gwen said, strolling over to Hassan and bopping him, lightly, on the shoulder. "Come on, let's get this show on the road. Can you get in the cockpit for me?"

-Void

OOC: Yikes, likewise for me! Busy with work and stuff

"On it," he said, still wondering about the repeated shoulder taps. Not that he minded.

He squeezed through the half-open canopy and sat himself in the cockpit, his arms instinctively reaching for the controls. As the Scout frame shared similar control mechanisms with the Warrior, he immediately felt at home.

"What next?" he called out.

Edited by Agent Norik of E.Y.E., May 17 2017 - 05:55 AM.

HB2a3UZ.jpg

#936 Offline Gaelio Bauduin

Gaelio Bauduin
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 13,327 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2017 - 02:11 AM

IC:

"The mess hall is this way," Nadia White butted in happily, hooking one arm underneath Ayane's and pointing to the left with the tangled limbs. She was wearing a cheerful smile as usual, but her large jade eyes were twinkling mischievously. The cheerful smile was quickly turned to the Japanese corporal.

"And only sane people get to have Test Team swag."

It's a good thing Ayane didn't know the members of Horizon's Test Team very well, or the statement might have carried less water.

OOC: I'll edit a Union post into this in the morning. -Tyler

So that's it, huh? We're some kinda Iron-Blooded Orphans?

#937 Offline Conway

Conway
  • Members

• 30-January 11
  • 4,754 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2017 - 12:43 PM

"On it," he said, still wondering about the repeated shoulder taps. Not that he minded.

He squeezed through the half-open canopy and sat himself in the cockpit, his arms instinctively reaching for the controls. As the Scout frame shared similar control mechanisms with the Warrior, he immediately felt at home.

"What next?" he called out.

IC:

In the time it had taken for Hassan to cozy himself into the Scout's cockpit, Gwen had fixed a toolbelt around her waist and was pushing a step-stool over to the mech's right leg. She climbed up onto it so that she could crouch down on it and still be at eye-level with the knee-joint of the appendage, one hand digging into her belt. Her gaze never shifted from the machine.

"I need you to flex the right leg," she called out. "Just a little, but I need to see how it moves."

-Void

#938 Offline NorikSigma

NorikSigma
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 06-November 11
  • 3,488 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2017 - 10:30 AM

IC:

In the time it had taken for Hassan to cozy himself into the Scout's cockpit, Gwen had fixed a toolbelt around her waist and was pushing a step-stool over to the mech's right leg. She climbed up onto it so that she could crouch down on it and still be at eye-level with the knee-joint of the appendage, one hand digging into her belt. Her gaze never shifted from the machine.

"I need you to flex the right leg," she called out. "Just a little, but I need to see how it moves."

-Void

"Got it!" He called out, booting up the user settings and setting it to "maintenance".

He set the locomotion to manual with a few button presses. An indicator on his left flicked to the right, signalling the change.

Setting his foot down onto the contoured pedals and adjusting his legs into the now smaller leg compartment of the cockpit, lined with touch-sensitive panels, Hassan counted down aloud, so he wouldn't accidentally crush Gwen if she was still in the joint.

"Three... Two... One... Flexing," Hassan pushed his leg down, mimicking a flexing motion.

"Holding position," he said, activating the motion locks.

Edited by Agent Norik of E.Y.E., May 23 2017 - 10:31 AM.

HB2a3UZ.jpg

#939 Offline Conway

Conway
  • Members

• 30-January 11
  • 4,754 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2017 - 03:44 PM

IC:

c-click c-click

"Something's jamming in the knee joint," Gwen said, opening up her tool belt and fishing a black marker out of it. She scribbled a short Rotation jam: debris? on the smooth metal of the lower thigh before sidling off of the stool and taking a few steps back from the machine.

"Hip looks good," she said, tapping the end of her marker against her chin. "Ankle joint's looking a little old, but I didn't hear anything weird coming out of it. Let's finish all the diagnostics and we'll take another look at it after. Now, can you move the right leg back to its original position and then flex the left leg?"

With that, she walked over to the other side of the mech.

-Void

#940 Offline NorikSigma

NorikSigma
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 06-November 11
  • 3,488 posts
  •  

Posted May 25 2017 - 03:53 AM

"Got it! Returning right leg to original position." Hassan moved the leg back, and moved the left forward. He heard a weird whirring sound from the gears below as he moved the leg out.

"You hear that?"

HB2a3UZ.jpg

#941 Offline Conway

Conway
  • Members

• 30-January 11
  • 4,754 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2017 - 09:06 PM

IC:

"Yeah, I hear it," Gwen said, rubbing her temples with the heels of her hands. "Sounds like a cracked bearing in the knee joint. We're gonna have to take the whole knee apart to replace it. Frick."

She sighed.

"Anyway. Good ear, Hassan. Think you're getting the hang of this," she let her hands sink back down to her sides as she cracked her face back into the semblance of a smile. "Bring the left leg back and try flexing the right arm. I'm gonna let you try and spot any problems in this all on your own now, got it?"

-Void

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users