Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Freddie - The Cafe

 

He watched the parade go by, a new cup of coffee in his hand. His second cup of the day, no less. He raised the mug to his lips, before feeling a sudden buzzing in his pants. He fished around in his right pocket, before pulling out his phone. Freddie checked the message, and stuck the phone back in his pocket. "Hey, can I get a to-go cup for this?" He asked. The person bhind the counter nodded, and passed him a styrofoam cup. Freddie poured his drink inside, and hurried back to the base.

At least I got a drink.


1Ydp0mg.jpg


Steam name: Ehksidian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Christoph Lockheed

 

For all the pestering about how it was a day of celebration and he should stop testing his machine and go out and eat, Christoph Lockheed had not strayed far from the facility that AWOL Test Team 4 had been based within. Indeed, the moment the orders went out, the pilot immediately drove back to base, screeching to a halt in the base's carpark and running for the doors. A few seconds later, upon verifying his identity, he successfully entered, quickly changing into his pilot suit in the elevator that took him to the hangar.

 

His Warrior was still prepped after his tests earlier in the day.

 

Good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: "Well, ladies, looks like our day off's cut short." he said, holding the phone out for both to see. "Everyone's coomin back to base and gearin oop, ASAP. We got bogies inbound."

The legendary Irish temper burning furiously just below the surface, O'Sullivan then turned, headed back the way he'd just came, merely 10 or so minutes ago.

There was gonna be to pay for ruining their holiday.


helo frens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe's eyes flared beneath her heart-shaped sunglasses at the thought of something to do, someone to attack.

 

"Well then..." Chloe said, a hint of a mischievous smile on her face. "You could say we got..." Chloe took off her sunglasses at that. "Enemies on the Horizon."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The recruits were just starting to move into the brush when the helicopter pilot stepped out of the cockpit. He approached Casey.

 

"SGT. MAXWELL!" He yelled over the sound of the rotors. "I JUST GOT A MESSAGE FROM HEADQUARTERS! NEW ORDERS!

 

"WHAT ORDERS!"

 

"ARESENAL WALKERS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE SOUTH! ALL PERSONNEL ARE TO RETURN TO BASE IMMEDIATELY!"

 

This was an unexpected development. It seemed the recruits would get their field experience after all, if not quite in the way she'd intended. It also looked as though she would be getting that mission she wanted after all.

 

She ran toward the trees at the edge of the clearing. "COMPANY HALT!" she yelled. The five soldiers turned toward her. "CHANGE IN PLANS! EVERYONE BACK ON THE CHOPPER! NOW!"

 

The recruits immediately began to move back toward the helicopter. The pilot climbed into the cockpit and shut the door behind him. Casey climbed in first, followed by Pikerton, Burette, Ladelman, and the two other men. Only a few minutes later the helicopter began its takeoff procedures.

 

*

 

"Would someone tell me what just happened?" Burette shouted, trying to make himself heard over the helicopter's engines from his post on the edge.

 

"Maybe Sgt. Maxwell had a change of heart," Pikerton joked, her rifle aimed toward the ground. "She's going to let us go to the festival after all."

 

Casey stared at the recruits. "There are reports of Arsenal walkers to the south," Casey said. "It might be nothing but just to be on the safe side they've recalled all military personnel. When we get back, you are to keep your combat gear on. I'll speak to my CO and find you a combat post! These training exercises are going to have to wait, because you might just be about to face the real thing!"

 

Burette turned toward his comrades nervously.

 

"Don't worry Burette," Pikerton remarked. "If nothing else I can use you as a meat shield!"

 

"KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE GROUND!" Casey blared. "IF YOU SEE ANYTHING YOU ARE TO HOLD FIRE! We're one helicopter and we don't know how many are down there! Just report what you see and we'll relay the information back to central command!"

 

The city was getting closer and closer.

 

"I THINK I SEE SOMETHING!" Burette shouted. Casey moved toward the edge of the helicopter and looked down. In the distance she could see something moving. She ran toward the back of the helicopter, opened a box, reached inside, and grabbed a pair of binoculars. She then ran back to the edge of the helicopter and looked out.

 

It was an army alright. Hard to make out much more than that, though it looked like there were arsenal walkers as well as plenty of infantry. It looked like there were also a few tanks. She cursed as she lowered the binoculars. Fortunately for her they were getting over the city line. It also appeared they hadn't been noticed by the enemy.

 

Casey ran over toward the cockpit. She opened the door and stepped inside to face the two pilots. "CALL UP HEADQUARTERS! TELL THEM WE'VE SPOTTED THE ENEMY!"

 

The co-pilot began to speak into her headset. "Headquarters. This is Alpha Sector Zero-42. We've spotted the enemy battalion."

 

"Copy that,"

 

The co-pilot turned towards Casey. "How many?"

 

"Difficult to say," Casey said. "I could see at least five or six walkers, plus what looked like at least a hundred infantry on foot."

 

The chopper was well over the city now. It would not be long before they reached headquarters. The co-pilot relayed the information.

 

"Copy that," said the voice on the other end. "We'll notify our superiors right away."

Edited by Atton Rand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sofia - Main Street.

 

Her phone buzzed, and she dug it out of her pocket to read what it said, "Merda... you might have been right," she sighed, pulling her other hand back away from the bottle she'd been trying to take from Reggie. She had a feeling she was going to need a drink of her own before this day was through. "Looks like we're going to miss the parade..." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The helicopter was getting closer the base. It was in sight now, and they were starting to lower their altitude. From up here, Casey could see the soldiers coming back. Trucks were pulling up at the entrance, with soldiers clamoring out. Officers were on the ground directing the soldiers on where to go and what they needed to do.

 

The helicopter began to approach the airfield. Most of the other vehicles were already on the ground so finding a spot to land was easy: it was the one spot that was available. In a few short minutes, the helicopter had touched the ground. The rotors blew a small cloud of dust into the air as the five recruits began to charge outside. Casey was the last one to step off the helicopter as its rotors finally came to a stop. She turned toward the other recruits. "Get to the barracks. Tell the other recruits they need to suit up right away. I've got to go find my CO and find out where they need you."

 

"What about us?" The two pilots climbed out of the helicopter.

 

"I'm sure there's work for you two," Casey replied. "MOVE!"

 

The recruits immediately ran for the compound. Casey followed. She had to find her CO fast.

 

OOC: I feel like I should check this first, is there an official base commander yet or should I create someone to serve as Casey's commanding officer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Gwen's communicator started ringing.

 

Oh, come on. Can't you guys figure out which gasket to put where without me?

 

She fished the little communicator -- which may or may not have originally been able to play Toploader as a ringtone -- out of her bag and opened it up to messages.

 

...

 

oh.

 

"Yeah, we might have to call a rain-check on those fireworks," Gwen said, looking at her friends with concern.

 

-Void

Edited by Emissary

 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The five young recruits stepped into the barracks, confronting their 25 other comrades. They were still dressed in combat armor and holding their rifles, a sharp contrast to the other laid back recruits who sat on their bunks.

 

"You're back early," One of them said. "Sgt. Maxwell have a change of heart?"

 

"Not exactly," Burette replied. "We've got new orders."

 

"Everyone is to be combat-ready right now," Pikerton replied. "We've got trouble."

 

One of the recruits stood and approached Burette. "So you're giving us orders now, huh?"

 

"I'm not. These came from Sgt. Maxwell herself."

 

"Why isn't she giving the orders then."

 

Burette promptly lifted his gun and slammed the butt end into the recruits face. The young man promptly fell over on his bed, grunting in pain.

 

"Man, that felt good," Burette remarked. "Not as good as hitting Maxwell, but we've got a job to do. NOW MOVE!"

 

The recruits began to jump off their beds and moved into formation.

 

*

 

Casey walked down a narrow gray corridor. Her mind remained fixed on one thing and one thing only. She had to find her CO. She was in an area she didn't normally enter, the officers' quarters. Normally she wouldn't be down here, but she had to find the CO right away. She saw the office, recognizing the name of her commanding officer on the door, and stepped inside, knocking on the door.

 

"SERGEANT CASEY MAXWELL REPORTING FOR DUTY!" She said as she stepped inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe quickly kept pace with PJ and Sam, amused at how things went. However, she frowned right after, and wondered just what all of this could be. She didn't give herself any time to think, and simply picked up her pace, thinking there was a lot less time than there probably was. Once they reached the base, Chloe traced out a path that she had taken many times before, and headed toward the locker rooms.

 

"Some holiday this turned out to be. We'll be burnt out, if this keeps up." Chloe said with a sigh, but waved to PJ, as she bolted into the women's locker room, and quickly made her way to her locker. It's probably nothing... We can all handle it. She thought, a slight frown on her face still, as she grabbed her uniform, and began to pull off her clothes quickly, so she could get the uniform on in a hurry. With a sigh, she finished zipping up the flight suit, and grabbed her helmet, stuffing her clothes in her locker quickly in the process. Though she didn't put the helmet on just yet, the girl walked out of the room, lost in thought, as she carried the protective gear under her arm.

 

What could this even mean? And why is this happening now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasper Harken

 

IC:  Luckily (or unluckily depending on who you asked) Kasper had yet to actually leave the base when the call to arms went out. As such, he was able to quickly armor up and head to his assigned squad.

 

And an odd squad it was. Due to the wonderful thing called bureaucracy Kasper had been shifted around so much that he actually lacked a proper squad. As such somebody had made the interesting decision to partner him up with several other prototype testers.

 

The only difference being that they were all Walker pilots.

 

So there he was, standing in a Walker hanger when Christoph Lockheed walked in. Knowing that the suit's invisibility prevented many from catching sight of him while standing still, the young solder started walking towards the newcomer.

 

"Hey Lockheed. We receive any specific orders yet?"


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: It did not take long for the twenty five recruits to put on their combat armor and assemble their rifles. Dressed in their armor and putting on their helmets they fell into line, standing in formation in front of their bunks.

 

"It's your lucky day," Ladelman said as she stood at the front of the barracks, near the door. "Today, you get to be soldiers. If you do a good job out there, maybe you'll even graduate a little early. Now you will need to stay here until Casey returns. She is going to get you assigned."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mobile IC: Reggie took a look at her own phone before sighing. She had hoped against hope she was wrong about today, but her gut had decided to be right instead. Turning back to sofia, she offered the bottle, saying, "You may as well be starting your drinking now, comrade."


All are not the same


But three shall be as one


Freedom in the flame


The end has just begun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: The commanding officer looked up from a desk towards Casey. The Sergeant stared at the Colonel, still standing firm in her combat armor. 

 

"I understand that we may be under attack," Casey reported, calm and cold as ever. "I'd like to inform you that I've got thirty able-bodied recruits preparing as we speak. I'd like them assigned to any post in need of reinforcements."

 

OOC: I tried not to say too much about the CO, mainly because I've got literally nothing to go on beyond rank. I know they're a colonel but beyond that I don't even know if its a man or a woman.

 

 

I guess now that everyone's coming back to base, that leaves room for interaction with Casey. I should also point out that there are a total of thirty recruits under her command. I'll have to wait for authorization from this mysterious colonel, but if anyone feels the need for reinforcements don't be afraid to draw from there. There's thirty of them and so far only three have names. That still leaves 14 men and 13 women, so if you want to feel free to develop any of the other recruits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Christoph Lockheed

 

"It's Captain on duty, Specialist Harken," replied the Test Team's leader, nodding to his unorthodox subordinate. When he had first taken command of the group, he had assumed that most of the weapons and equipment being tested would be of the Walker persuasion, so meeting Kasper and the Mantle had been quite a surprise at first. However, there was surprising coordination between his pilots and the suit-wearing soldier, so many of the misgivings Christoph held at first were immediately dashed. Combined infantry-walker operations was something that held a lot of potential that could be developed. "No specific orders, but be ready to engage at any moment."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sofia - Main Street.

 

"Grazie..." she caught herself, "Thanks, but no. If we're heading into a fight, I'd rather keep my head clear." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mobile IC: Reggie shrugged and polished the bottle off herself, more out of a desire to not let it go to waste than to get drunker.

 

"Suit yourself," she muttered, turning and beginning to return to base. "But I would be appreciating company."


All are not the same


But three shall be as one


Freedom in the flame


The end has just begun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sofia.

 

"Sure," she fell into step beside the other woman, her limp becoming more pronounced as she quickened her pace. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: All but flying into the male counterpart locker room, PJ wasted no time in donning the tight (but thankfully not skintight) flight-suit based piloting gear. At least, that was the running story behind it. He wasn't actually sure if that was the case, but there were more important things going on right now.

Nothing to be tinking about.

Grabbing his helmet (emblazoned with a shamrock), the Irish firebrand stormed off to the Briefing Room.


helo frens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

She was the essence of 'quick' as she made her way into the locker room, changed out of her admittedly sparse clothing and into her pilot's uniform and made her way to the briefing room. She could have easily lost herself in thought as to what exactly was happening. The communication had been brief and it's contents cryptic in their implication. But she steeled herself, unexpected things happened all the time, right? No reason she was going to lose her head over this.

 

At the briefing room's doorway, she nodded to PJ and the other girl from the beach.


...but close to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC:

 

"Understood, Lance Corporal." The Colonel looked up from the monitor on her desk to address Maxwell, knitting her fingers together on her desk as she did. "Your recruits will be kept as reserves, but are unlikely to see combat. Initial reports indicate a large number of Walkers and support vehicles inbound, and sending infantrymen straight out of basic to deal with them would be a needless risk."

 

"Major McKinley will be overseeing the defense of the city, if it comes to that. He will be briefing all involved with the situation shortly. Report to the hangar, he will be issuing orders there."

 

IC:

 

"We have to get going." Benjamin didn't waste a second, from the moment he heard the notification from his comm link to when he started moving. Just short of running, to be honest, back the way he came. "I have a car three blocks this way. We can be there in ten minutes."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: "Understood," Casey replied. She turned and began to walk quickly down the corridor. As she moved she could see the various soldiers coming back in large numbers. Different ranks, officers and enlisted troops. 

 

At the hanger, she could see a large number of people gathered. More were starting to come in. She looked around for the major, though in a crowded space like this it was hard to see anyone specific. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

A call for all hands on deck during a Federation-wide holiday, cryptic military message, Casey Maxwell's questionable training methodology; and the one question that Gwen Talal could come up with, following Ben down the street, was:

 

"Since when do you have a car?"

 

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"Ever since the brass told me I wasn't allowed to ride Vernichten around." The German pilot answered, accelerating rapidly from 'near run' to 'running' in the span of a few moments. The reason why became unfortunately clear as he slowed down; it seemed he had spotted his car. A sedan that looked to be older than most of those present, and decidedly showing its age. Benjamin slipped into the front seat, turning over the engine while he waited for the others to get in. The motor sounded like it was in much better shape than the rest of it.

 

Though how much of a reassurance that was largely amounted to personal opinion.


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasper Harken

 

IC: "Understood sir. If you need me I'll be right here."


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Returning the nod curtly, the Irishman pushed in the door, and they entered the briefing room, currently humming with quiet intensity.

 

OOC: locked into mobile for the week, expect no formatting

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise

helo frens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC:

 

“Are the pilots back yet?”

 

“Most of them, sir.” Lieutenant Noah’s fingers flew across the console in front of her, matched in speed only by how quickly her eyes panned across the displays. “Roughly seventy percent have reported in. Walker units from the parade are returning to base for rearmament and assignment. A handful of pilots are too far out; they reported in, but they’re too far away to get here.”

 

“So what’ve we got? How many pilots?”

 

Noah grimaced. “I’m… Not sure. We have about twenty seven Walkers we can field right away. We just need the pilots suited up and briefed. Several more were undergoing scheduled maintenance, and then we have the pilots who can’t get here fast enough. We have more machines than we have people to use them, and that’s without R&D’s godda-”

 

“I understand, Lieutenant.” Though she couldn’t see it, as the Major was speaking through an earpiece as he hurried through the base, McKinley was frowning. “Have we gotten a better look at the force?”

 

“Aye sir. Thirty Walkers, largely Warriors and Scouts. But there are at least five Gunners inbound as well, and long range sensors indicate aircraft inbound. Support vehicles include several MBTs, maybe a few APCs.” A pause, and the woman glanced at the communications readout. “No response to our attempts to communicate. And they’re not sporting any ally IFFs.”

 

“Has the Colonel requested support from the nearest Federation base?”

 

“Yes, sir. Haven’t heard back yet.”

 

“Keep me posted. And get me patched into the PA.”

 

A few moments later, McKinley’s voice echoed over the facility’s loudspeakers, tapping into the comm system to make sure it was audible to anyone who hadn’t yet arrived too. He sounded almost jovial, something his CO would call “inappropriate for the situation”, and his suboordinates would call “just McKinley”. Nevertheless, even the friendly Major seemed a little tense.

 

“Listen up, because this is the briefing. No time for anything else. Bad guys are thirty Walkers, support vehicles, and aircraft. MBTs and APCs likely, aircraft unknown. And we’ve got less than ten minutes til they get here.”

 

All ears in the base were turned in, listening closely for their specific orders.

 

“1st Walker Squadron is to establish a defensive perimeter around the Mass Driver facility. 3rd Squadron, I want you blocking all major access routes to the city. You’re the last line of defense. If they get into the city, you goofed.”

 

“Everyone else is going to meet them head-on. Do not, I repeat, do not make the first move. Assume units are hostile, but don’t get triggerhappy. They’re going to beat you to the defensive line, we’ll know whether they’re hostile soon. Raptors, I want you keeping the skies on lock. These guys aren’t Feddies, they’re not going to have anything like what you do. Play it safe and you should be fine. Ground units, prevent them from reaching 1st or 3rd’s defensive line. If they’re hostile, take them out. Minimize any collateral damage to your surroundings.”

 

“That’s it. Suit up and get going. By our estimates, you’ll meet them about a mile from the city limits.”

 

A few moments later, McKinley reached his own destination. The hangar was the liveliest it has… Ever been, actually, and he practically had to dodge engineers and mechanics rushing from place to place. Warning tones and the clang of metal on concrete abounded as the pilots, clad in iron, hurried to fulfill their orders.

 

Despite it all, it only took him a few momen to spot the crew chief, yelling orders to his mechanics. The Major got his attention with one tap of the shoulder, though for the briefest of instants it looked as though the other man was about to yell at him. Once he noticed who he was speaking to, the chief paused.

 

“What do you need?”

 

“I want the Wolf ready, and I need Walkers ready for any stragglers. Spares, if theirs were undergoing maintenance.”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

******************

 

“Now, I don’t know how they got this close.” The Colonel answered, barely keeping the frustration out of her voice as she addressed the official on her monitor. “Our sensors were turned just yesterday, and all diagnostics indicate they’ve been working normally all day.”

 

“Check the diagnostics again.”

 

“Respectfully, that’s not important. Can you send reinforcements? We have another major installation a few hundred miles north, we could at least get some Raptors here in less than an hour.”

 

“... Colonel, this isn’t an isolated threat. A battleship is set to arrive inside of an hour, it has a Walker division on board. That’s all we can spare right now. Tell that Colony ship you’ve got coming in to steer clear, the last thing we need an incident with the Union. I’ll be in touch, as soon as we have a better idea of what’s going on.”

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Dress off. Flight suit on.

 

Gwen never stopped moving as she prepared; while her hyperkinetic tendencies had been her downfall too many times for her or anyone else to count with a calculator, this time it was her greatest advantage. She positively buzzed through the locker room, never hesitating between articles of equipment.

 

Sneakers off. Boots on.

 

Greaves, bracers, chestplate; all of them equipped with body-vitals sensors. Bronze against green cloth. Gwen had thought the colours went well together when she'd redesigned them; now, she didn't even notice them. Gloved fingers grabbed a helmet from the top shelf of her locker and fitted it on without thinking. HUDs sprang to life but she barely registered it. It was practically like regular vision to her right now.

 

Actual combat. Actual ###### combat; this is insane.

 

She bolted to the hangar, full-speed ahead straight the Small Little Scout That Could: the and only Ghastly Cutie.

 

Systems prepped. Ready for launch.

 

Hands on controls. Head in the game.

 

This was it.

 

"Talal, reporting in," Gwen said into her comlink, already moving the Cutie to the hangar's exit.

 

Sunlight glinted off of its iron hide as it stepped into the open.

 

OOC: Gwen open for interaction.

 

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasper Harken

 

IC: Thing about Harken's suit is that it made him a very good scout in addition to being one of the deadliest snipers with less than ten years of experience. Camo systems combined with the quantum particle jets allowed him to cross long distances quickly and without being noticed.

 

The young special operations soldier had quickly moved out and set up shop on the highest bit of dirt in the combat zone. Training his sensors on the incoming force Kasper opened a channel to the rest of his team.

 

"Targets sighted. Sending telemetry now."


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: It's been a few days since anyone's posted here. I suddenly feel like I'm going to have to get used to being back.

 

IC: Meeting them head-on. They said everyone else, presumably including non-mech personnel like Casey. The soldiers were busy getting into action, arming themselves, gearing up, putting on their combat armor. Fortunately for her she was already suited up. Her sidearm was already loaded. All that remained was to pick up an assault rifle and make sure it was loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

She didn't believe in rushing. Just stepping into the obstreperous hangar gave her a headache... It was a relief when the cockpit of Scathath closed around her, sealing her into isolated and soothing dark for a few moments before the systems came on. She sat for a few moments. Motor systems, fuel, weapons readied, communications systems. All good.

 

Heading out with "everyone else," she joined the other Walkers exiting the base.


...but close to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Susan

The thing about the Raptor was that it was a finicky machine.

 

After all, it could be considered a "prototype" for whatever would follow it.

 

As such, it had its bugs; this necessitated a proper preflight check every time that the pilot wished to take off.

 

"... ARROW is here, the logs are here, good..."

 

Hopping out of the cockpit, Susan gave one final tour of the aircraft.

 

"Rivets good; brake pads good; tires good; flight controls good..."

 

Hopping back into the cockpit, Susan did some final checks (takeoff requirements, density altitude, best angle of climb, best glide speed, emergency checklists) before starting up the AW, taxiing it to the runway.


image.png.c6796875523d13ecbbe1a66f6d436694.png

Coming Soon (but not limited to):
Chiaki | Davonne | Ichiko | Merla | Onu-Mangai | Parua | Seiryuu | Vine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

More than one pilot had sniggered at Nadia Lorena White over drinks when she mentioned that her Raptor had been recommended for an additional set of armor. It's a prototype, worth tens of thousands, and you're letting them do WHAT to it? they would chortle. Why not just step inside a Warrior? How insane can you BE?

 

To which she'd just laugh back and throw the middle finger. Her Munequita still had an ace pilot and a Raptor's heart, she'd retort.

 

And thick chicks had their advantages, too.

 

Lauren locked herself in tight as a sardine to Munequita's cockpit and ran her second pre-flight check. Fuel?

 

JUICED

 

Weapons?

 

CLAPPED

 

Comms?

 

"BRRRRT"

 

COMMED

 

Pilot?

 

"WALLAHI," she sang, as Munequita howled to life.

 

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi

whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-==IC: Chloe==-

 

Chloe frowned slightly, as she climbed into her walker, and closed the cockpit. As the screens all began to light up, she glanced around at each, to make sure that they were all working. As everything lit up to show that the walker was working to its proper specifications, Chloe took a hold of the controls. The eyes of the Walker glowed to indicate it was activated, and it began to move forward slightly.

"Chloe Antequil, Zephyr, launching!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC:

 

The first to reach the scene, Harken was the first to witness the oncoming force. Arrayed across the flatland, far too close for comfort, the sun glanced off of a convoy of moving metal. Scouts lead the way, arranged in a loose arrowhead formation, flanked by a host of MBTs. Six Scouts, to be precise, all with fairly standard weapons. Following close behind were eighteen Warriors, with a much greater variety in weaponry. Through his scope, and relayed back to base, Kasper caught glimpses of shotguns, assault rifles, even a few sniper rifles. The first row were outfitted with assault rifles, with backup shotguns stored horizontally on the small of the back, and machetes affixed to the leg. The Walkers behind them seemed more suited for long-range, outfitted with either DMRs or sniper rifles with secondary weapons similarly stowed. The final six were arrayed around six hulking Gunners, riot shields affixed to their arms and shotguns in the opposite hand. Judging by their position, they were clearly defense for the walking artillery platforms behind them.

 

Catching a glimpse of the Gunners’ weapons was more difficult, blocked as they were by their escorts, but heavy caliber rifles and shotguns seemed to be the norm, with axes stowed for close combat use.

 

The machines were universally worn, sunbeaten and specked with dirt. Some seemed to have been patched with whatever compatible parts were at hand, but one thing stood out like a sore thumb; most easily spotted on the Scouts, but present on all, were attachments to their backs far newer than the rest. Practically gleaming, fresh off the line, were boosters of unknown origin. Though not currently in use, their purpose seemed to be propelling the machines forward faster than they could otherwise move.

 

Seemed the question of how they got so close so quickly was answered.

 

High above, though much harder to make out due to elevation, was a squadron of fighters. Variety unknown, at too great a distance to make out make and model. Nevertheless, they were closing on Horizon far faster than their land-bound brethren. Alarmingly so.

 

The question of their intentions, what little of one had existed, was answered the instant Horizon’s Walkers began to close in. The Gunners stopped, bracing themselves against the ground as the rearmost Warriors closed in tight shield formation in front of them. After a tense pause, twelve projectiles lanced through the air.

 

Tearing their way towards Horizon’s forces, silent in their flight, were the first shots of what was the first battle for many.

 

OOC: Thirty Walkers, about twice as many as you guys. You can, to a limited degree, control them for a fight; bear in mind, however, that these guys aren’t any worse at piloting than you are and are equipped about as well too. If you go making things too easy, staff are going to come along and make it a bit more challenging for you. :P

Gunners can be assumed to be continuing the barrage, and long-range Warriors will be commencing their assault as well. The rest, including MBTs, will be closing to effective range and then attacking.


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kasper Harken

 

IC: Just as nasty as what the Commander said. The wear and tear is interesting though, implies a lack of spare parts. Non-Federation states can at least keep their Walkers running properly. Rebels or somebody else maybe?

 

As Kasper mused over the origins of the attacking force he lined up his crosshairs with the knee of one of the oncoming Scouts. The lighter Walkers relied on their agility to stay alive on the battlefield. Take that away and they became little more than lightly armored coffins for anybody with enough firepower to deal with at their leisure. Harken's rifle way not have been enough to punch through the main armor on most Walkers, but it was enough for lighter bits.

 

Like the lightly armored areas around the complicated knee joints.

 

A trio of rifle shots were lots in the sudden roar of the enemy bombardment. The first missed as the sniper adjusted to the unusually fast speed of these new mechs. The next two struck true, the first impact denting the thin armor enough for the second to punch through and detonate inside.

 

The cloaked soldier did not have time to enjoy hits success though, as the computers on another of the advanced combat machines traced the trajectory of his rounds and opened fire on the hill Kasper had taken up residence on.

 

Muttered curses floated through his helmet as Harken took off, large caliber rounds stitching their way across his former hiding place. A warning blaring in his ear caused him to dive forward as a chunk of metallic death the size of his fist shot through the air where he had been a second ago. He did not stay there however. Stillness was death when fighting Walkers on foot.

 

Getting up, he began taking long bounding steps forward. The suit keeping him from sight while the jets got him far from the place of danger.


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...