Quick question about "BZPower Members on Flickr" group

TheOneVeyronian

Hi all

I have a quick question, though it's more to do with BZPower's presence on Flickr than BZPower itself. Anyone who hangs around on Flickr are probably aware of two BZPower groups: BZPower (which anyone can join) and "BZPower Members on Flickr", which is just for members of BZP.

Could I ask if the admins of the latter group are no longer seeing join requests, or is there a reason why no new members are being accepted into that group? I ask because I requested a join to the group not long after making a BZPower account (my Flickr and BZP names are exactly the same), but more than 3 months later, my request is still "pending". I meet all the requirements for joining the group.

Anyone know anything about this? Note I'm just curious as to why 3+ months has passed and my join request is still pending, making me wonder if the admins are no longer paying attention to the group... just wanted a possible reason why.

Thanks if you can help!

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

Yes, the new BZPower group does appear to be intended as a replacement for the other, older group, so it would make sense that the admins aren't logging in to check as frequently. I believe when I joined Flickr 3 years ago and wanted to join that group it took a few months, and that was about when the new BZP group was created.

The admins of the older group are DeeVee, ChocolateFrogs, and Zenflow (who hasn't been active on BZPower in 3 years). You could message DeeVee or ChocolateFrogs on BZP about accepting you into the Flickr group.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

Fair enough, I think Ballom answered my question perfectly. It is strange though that in Flickr searches, the unofficial group actually appears in searches before the official BZPower group (don't ask me why), so while I found the "unofficial" group straight away (I'd seen it before joining BZP), the official one took me a bit longer to find!

I think I'll just continue to use the official BZPower group  :) I consider this question answered.

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

Thanks for the answers. For reference, all of the official BZP channels are linked to at the top of the front page.

It is strange though that in Flickr searches, the unofficial group actually appears in searches before the official BZPower group (don't ask me why), so while I found the "unofficial" group straight away (I'd seen it before joining BZP), the official one took me a bit longer to find!

That is strange, and a little bit concerning! Maybe because the official BZP presence on Flickr is quite recent? Well, it may be something to look into.

I consider this question answered.

Question answered, topic closed!

EDIT: All but the new Instagram page, that is.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1