Further Corpus Rahkshi Characters

Hello again. After the success of my first batch of Rahkshi posted here, a second batch was inevitable. The only question, as I kept promising they'd be here eventually, was when. Well, I'm finally posting them. :D Thirteen more characters from Corpus Rahkshi, a TBRPG run by Wyrd Bio Ful Araed over in Bionicle RPG. The premise, for those of you who've never heard of it, is that Rahkshi are beginning to manifest sapience, and to either train them as elite warriors or keep them under control the Brotherhood of Makuta has stuck them all in a school, known as Corpus Rahkshi. It's a load of fun to play.

So with the obligatory intro out of the way, it's time to finally show the MOCs.

gaever_1-1.jpg

Gaever, played by Sergei Rahkmaninoff | Swiss Army Hands

Gaever is my brilliant engineer with a slight superiority complex. She's extensively modified her own suit, implementing speedy spring-loaded legs, blades on her forearms, a Rhotuka launcher, binoculars, and all the tools you'd expect to find in a swiss army knife within her fingers. She shamelessly believes that by virtue of her incredible intellect and upgraded suit that she is superior to other Rahkshi, disdains the arts, and doesn't know how to speak in anything other than needlessly complicated words, though, so she's possibly not the most pleasant of Rahks.

doubt_1-0.jpg

Doubt, played by Ghidora131

Doubt may frequently to try to smash things with his oversized hands and the flail attached to his wrist, but mostly he's reasonably friendly, especially towards Matoran. He prides himself as being reasonably good at tinkering, and hanging from his chest on a short chain is a small watch.

karzfire_1-0.jpg

Karzfire, played by Dallior: Rahkshi Lord

Short, but strong, Karzfire is more than willing to crush anything that gets in his way with his two glowing purple hammers. Though he respects strength, his inclination for the smashing of smaller Rahkshi's heads into the living stone walls may lead to him being not particularly well-liked.

abyssium_1-0.jpg

Blades Only | Abyssium, played by avmatoran | Staff Only

Abyssium has the calculating mind of a strategist, and the combat-loving heart of a warrior. Though careful not to openly show it, he's also intent on either escaping from or rebelling against the Makuta along with his sister, Anubissium, and anyone else he trusts enough to have by his side. He's not gotten far with this, though, and unfortunately he missed out on Kat's escape entirely.

kat_2-0.jpg

Kat, played by Chumpu | Action

Kat is confident in her abilities and intensely loyal to her friends. She has become something of a leader, and as part of this role has revamped her suit, both repainting herself and adding extra protective armor to her upper body. Kat is one of the few level fives and most accomplished warriors in the school - and now, outside. For she has devoted her skill as a tactician to leading an escape, an attempt to bring her people out of the tyranny of the Academy to safety and freedom far away.

fang_2-2.jpg

Steaming Vented Carapace | Fang, played by Click | Standing

A strong believer in the virtues of freedom and morality for Rahkshi, Fang has worked alongside Kat to lead an escape for those he trusts. When Kat altered her armor to go unidentified, Fang followed suit, undoing prior modifications to his armor and replacing them with others, leaving him as lanky as ever but shorter than average and with vents along his carapace which eternally spew steam and heat. From these vents he took his alias, Vent. He may have lost his sword, but remains as dangerous as ever with his level four plasma blasts.

floppymustard_1-0.jpg

Flabbergaster, played by Ghidora131

Due to a prank played during his creation, Flabbergaster is an incredible glutton, said to be the fattest Rahk ever known. He also competed briefly for the title of most insensitive when he interrupted mourning over the death of Exxan with repeated complaints that it wasn't a real funeral, followed by a brief and easily refuted attack on Kat, but since then has managed to be fairly less annoying to most.

exxan_1-0.jpg

Exxan, played by Of Australian Origin... | Action

A pragmatist, self-confessed nerd, and somewhere between grudging comrade and arch-rival for Fang, Exxan recently heroically sacrificed himself on the island of Visorak to hold back the hordes while his fellow Rahkshi retreated. ...Not. He survived, somehow, and made his way back to Nynrah in a plot twist every player seemed to see coming despite the fervent repeated denials of Nato (as Of Australian Origin... is known) and his confidant Click. Exxan wields the poisoned jian sword Rememberance (I think, he might have lost it on Visorak) in addition to his formidable level four Vacuum powers.

poly_1-0.jpg

Poly, played by Chumpu | Action

From the beginning, Poly was unstable. Which was understandable, for his Rahkshi suit - made from another New Breed Rahk - retained its intelligence, and often spoke to him mentally, urging him to violence. As time went on, though, he only became more unstable, with even a third voice manifesting in his head until finally he reached the creepily unified tranquility of three voices working as one with eery calm to preach a message of 'ascension' to all... and show those willing to listen the world through the eyes of an empty suit belonging to a Rahkshi not long dead.

xara_1-0.jpg

Xara, played by Of Australian Origin... | Standing

Xara is a warrior, through and through. She fights to win, and very reliably does - a fact she knows all too well. She's managed to open up out of her generally hostile, merciless manner as time goes on, though, making more than a friendship with Glass and coming to adore a Shallows Cat kitten named Sand he gave her. Her level four chain lightning and prowess as a warrior make her a valuable addition to the party of escapees lead by Kat.

tangirahk_1-0.jpg

Tangirahk, played by Lewa the Soaring Champion | Not Playing

Tangirahk's unusual armor was devised by a a Makuta on a mission: create a feminine Rahkshi suit. The first Kraata to try the suit was Tangirahk, who proved satisfying to her mother, and the two grew close through music. Eventually, though, Tangirahk chose to go to Corpus Rahkshi, bringing with her only a violin as a reminder of her mother and her gentle and musical personality.

recherche_1-0.jpg

Recherché, played by Kaneo Takarada | Action

Clad in the gloriously powerful armor of an apex predator and wielding a fearsome macuahuitl of darkest metal, Recherché is a force to be feared. In addition to his great strength and size, he possesses a positively sesquipedalian vocabulary, with which he eloquently communicates his claims of past grandeur in nearly any profession you might name. These claims are only of doubtful validity, though, for his talent would appear concentrated primarily in violence.

lucid_1-1.jpg

Lucid, played by Sergei Rahkmaninoff | With Plants

Lucid's connection with reality is shaky. She converses with plants, walls, doors, her imaginary companion Jorflaz, and chairs. (Though never the floor - only someone really off their rocker would talk to the floor.) Her belief that the stars hold the wisdom of Fate is unshakeable, and she claims that she can tell a person's name by reading their palm. Don't be surprised when she warns you there might be Worflanges in the caves nearby, or Dervaki is planning on stealing your slipper, or something even more bizarre. But pay attention, and occasionally you might find that in coexistence with her absolutely loony worldview there lies great wisdom in her words. And if she hits her head and speaks of the future in a powerful faraway voice, take heed, for twice before her prophecies have come to pass.

Once again, you can check the full-size qallery (when it's public) if you want ridiculously large versions of these images. Anyways, there you have it: thirteen further characters from the Corpus Rahkshi RPG, as envisioned by myself. Regardless of whether you avidly play the RPG or haven't the faintest idea what it is, constructive criticism, comments, and of course upvotes are all very much appreciated. Even if you don't care to leave any of that, though, thanks for looking through my work. :) I hope you enjoyed it.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 12

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Maybe I'm nitpicking since these are all pretty good MOC, but do you have those technic pieces that function as springs? I'm positive they can be connected to Gaever's feet. I found Xara's spine to be okay. I love Tangi's violin and... I forgot the name of the stick, but I'm sure it has a name. You've done a pretty good job with creating her. Overall, all these creations are amazing, but Recherché is my favorite because of his color scheme and weapon, it reminds me of an Aztec bat lined with obsidian.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Loving how those turned out.

You've gone above and beyond the last batch of MOCs, and you've really captured the essence of all the characters. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, another round of MOCs means another round of critique, right?

First up is Gaever. I have to admit, I really like the flow she has. Each limb seems to flow seamlessly into the body, and the pieces were well chosen. It's amazing that you managed to integrate large and unwieldy pieces like those Inika chestplates so well. Probably the only part that doesn't quite work is the goggles, but I can't think of a better way to put them in. The spring-loaded legs are simple yet effective, and the hands are really clever. Though I really like the color scheme, I wish the green was distributed a little more.

Doubt's color scheme is as amazing as I always pictured, and you did a great job pulling it off, especially with limited piece options. The torso could use a little more silver and the hands and feet could use a trans-green stud or two, but it works. Probably the next best part of it would be that torso build. I'm still trying to figure out how you did it.

Karzfire is a little ungainly in his proportions. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be fixed though. Maybe the shoulders shouldn't be as wide, or the legs could be thinner, or maybe he just needs a little more filling in around the mid-torso area. The feet seem a little big too. I really like the addition of the golden studs though. It's such a small, simple thing, but it really helps get that gold spread out a bit more and establish a nice pattern. The glowing hammers are also really cool.

Abyssium is my second favorite out of all of them, and most of it is because of that color scheme. Black and trans-orange always looked good, but it's really distributed well here. The staff really wouldn't have stood out except for those trans-orange highlights in the center that really complete it. Nice use of the Inika playset weapons for spines too. I'm really impressed that you managed to pull off the torso armor on the legs, but it could use something on the back. I think my only other criticism would be the forearms. They're just too wide and flat and could use some more filling in or a different build entirely.

I didn't notice it at first, but the homage to Kat's first MOC is great here. Underneath all that bulky armor, I can see many of the pieces you used before, and yet you managed to fill in the gaps very well. The torso is very smooth and perfectly flows into the shoulders. The empty sockets at her waist break up the flow a little though. I see what you're doing with the spikes at the joints, but I think there could be better ways to attach them that look less awkward. The hammer is cool though.

And there's my Fang. I've been looking forward to the MOC ever since you first announced you were making him, and you didn't disappoint, even though that color scheme is still a pain to work with. Once again, those bits from the last MOC are appreciated. It still reminds me of Fang, from the brick-built feet and lanky legs to the broad shoulders. The brick-built back is cool too and really gets those details in. I'm glad you stuck a picture of it in there. I also like the pieces used for the spines. It really conveys my idea for him.

This one is my favorite. Good ol' Flutterbutter. My only complaint is he could use a little more pudge in the belly, but you nailed the size. And where the bulk is missing in the belly, it makes up for it in the limbs. I couldn't have expected the parts you used to fill out the arms and legs. The colors are distributed perfectly and the torso build looks great.

You make me out to be such a bad guy in Exxan's description... :D We really tried, but you guys saw right through it somehow. Ah well, back to the MOC. Probably the most impressive part of it is how you managed to get the stripes in there, both on the back and the arms. For some reason, I like the color blocks in the limbs too. The Nuva shoulder pad manages to convey the stripes in the shoulders as well. It's hard to see the rest of the build with the black, but what I can see looks pretty good and flows well. I think Nato is going to be mad at you for not using the spines he had in his MOC though. :P Remembrance looks a little... childish. I understand the shape you were going for, but the system pieces just look blocky and lack the sharpness a blade would need.

At first glance, Poly looks a lot like just a typical Lehrak set. But in some ways that's a good thing. The Metru shoulder pads really work here and definitely remind me of the set's shoulder piece. The arms are simple but look nice. The thighs look a little blocky though, and the lower leg looks too thin for the rest of him, and could use more dark green. That pose is priceless though, but I'm glad I clicked on the Action link so I could see that sword and Rhotuka.

Xara really just... works. She's just as lanky, spiky, and silver as I pictured, but I like the addition of the white. The Phantoka ribcage really sells that skeletal feel. And those swords are amazing. Just perfect for her. One thing that really bugs me is that the torso seems too long. It throws off what otherwise could be perfect proportions. And the spines are a little blocky and could use some cheese slopes or tiles to cover up those studs and add a bit more shape to it.

I really like Tangirahk's torso construction. The Nuva shoulders help fill out her chest to add to that feminine Rahkshi idea, and technically it isn't stereotypical with that HF chestplate on top. I like the usage of the slope piece on her upper arms, but maybe another piece could be used on the outside to complete the smooth curve. Though I'm not sure the arm spikes needed to be that long, I kind of like it. The thigh build is clever, but it could use a little more flow into the body. That violin is brilliantly constructed though. I immediately knew what it was, and it's a perfect scale.

Recherche turned out far more impressive than I had imagined. The torso seems completely solid and seamless, and all those pieces flow really well together, though a little more red could be nice. Once again, it seems a little long, but it isn't as noticeable here. From the front, the limbs seem to continue that bulk, though they look a little frail and plain in the side view. I'm still loving those spines, and the weapon is really well done.

I understand the idea behind Lucid, but I can't help picturing her as one of those sloppy MOCs we built when we were five that had pieces of every color mashed in there. The white and separation of warm and cool colors helps a little, but she still tends to look messy. I think that using a lot of smaller pieces or keeping the rainbow confined to a few smaller areas like the back could look better. Out of curiosity, is her head and back painted or Photoshopped? Either way, you did a great job.

Well, I hope that was enough critique for you (or that you didn't fall asleep in the middle).

I'd have to say that the best part of this topic is that your signature is now perfectly balanced. :D

• Upvote 3

Karzfire is... the best ever. It's one thing to see cool MOCs, it's another altogether to see a MOC of something you thought up. Thanks so much!

Also, Flubberbutter. :P

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Is it just me, or have your building skills greatly improved? Or perhaps you have always been an extraordinary MOCist and I didn't notice.

Seriously, these MOCs are, each one of them, astounding, I can't even decide which one I like the most or to comment first. Oh well, Recherché, Flabbergaster and Doubt are the ones who struck me the most, Gaever too, the most sophisticated of the group, impressive how you implemented the rhotuka. Doubt in particular, brown and trans green, for real! And those custom limbs, the use of Hero Factory heads...and the Av-toran body on Flabbergaster. You are very creative. And...and, I dunno, there are just no words.

Poly has a nice upper body and arms, but looks a little weak. The same applies for Tangirahk (but he (?) has a violin, so it doesn't matter), and also for Xara, a little, who looks quite standard compared to the others - yet, Krika's heads as weapons! Lucid has a quite basic build, but makes up for it with her colors. That's all.

Edited by Millennium
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback! ^_^ Now to address some things.

Maybe I'm nitpicking since these are all pretty good MOC, but do you have those technic pieces that function as springs? I'm positive they can be connected to Gaever's feet.

You mean shock absorbers? I do have some of them, but I think using them would have necessitated a sacrifice in poseability which I wasn't willing to make.

*snip*

Thanks for such detailed feedback, I feel it's focusing on the tiny details (like you did) that will help me keep improving. And I agree with most of your criticisms, though there are a few points I'd like to respond to.

-Rememberance: I did have trouble with Exxan's sword. As a jian, it's supposed to be thin, double-sided and straight, criteria which few Bionicle weapons (if any) meet. So I either had to take considerable artistic license with it, or try System instead. I chose the latter in an attempt to stay as close to the description of the weapon as I could manage. I'm still not entirely happy with how it turned out.

-Poly: is described as a pretty much totally normal Lerahk, so I didn't want to diverge to much from that. (Though you concede that this is a good thing.) And that's kind of why the lower legs had to be so thin, I wanted to use the same piece as the original Rahkshi. Possibly the solution would be different thinner thighs to go along with thin legs, and changing them could also solve the issue of blockiness.

-Tangirahk: In her description Tangi is said to have a 'silver pod' just below her neck for her Kraata. To me this seemed well represented by Nuva shoulder armor, though I was concerned about the stereotypical aspect you mention. I'm glad the HF chestplate does a reasonable job of keeping that at bay.

-Lucid: I see what you mean about looking messy, but I'm not sure it could really be helped very much. You mention using smaller pieces, but it seems to me that would make it look even messier? :shrugs:  Probably it's my fault for giving myself such a ridiculous color scheme to work with in the first place. :P

You also asked about Lucid's purple head and spine. They were digitally edited, I'm far too purist to go painting pieces. And lastly, you're right about my signature. It's perfect now. ^_^

• Upvote 4

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I honestly think this a pretty big improvement over your first series. The shaping is excellent, particularly on Flabbergaster, Xara, and Recherché, and it's wonderful how Kat and Fang are still recognizable as themselves from their previous versions beneath all the alterations. But overall, I'd have to say Lucid is my favorite (and not just because Sepulchral owes her his life :P ); she looks so unassuming at first glance, but the way you handled her insane color scheme is pure genius.  

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Man that's a lot of Rahkshi. Abyssium is my favourite of the bunch and I do love how you've seamlessly combined the hero factory and old bionicle pieces together.

I'm not too fond of Tangirahk, possibly because her thin frame makes it hard to cover up her parts. Nevertheless it's cool you managed to build so many people's characters.

• 2 weeks later...

I love these. I can see some I recognize from when I was still active there, and many that make me go "Who?" I may be a little bit biased, but Abyssium is my favorite. It almost exactly takes how I imagined him looking. My second and third are Gaever and Fang. Lucid seems messy, but from the description, that seems to suit her. Good job, and thanks for making Abyssium!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Whoa. I just noticed something that in my mind makes you instantly the best MOCer in all the land.

With Kat's new MOC, you literally built onto the old MOC and changed up the colors, like in Corpus. It's small touches like this that make awesome MOCs... and forgive me when I say this... epic.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran