Help finding information

So I was digging through my old Bionicle bin and came across this little gem. It's plastic with a vacuum metal finish. I've been trying to find information on it and see if it's worth trying to sell or not. If anyone can give me any information, I would very much appreciate it!

giEB3G4.jpg

• Upvote 1

"I am the perfect blend of you and me. Toa of stone, you will not defeat me. You do not even stand a chance. The poison seeping through me and my staff is enough to leave you nothing more then a mere puddle. And once I enter the Protodermis once more. Not even Makuta will stand to me."
qs418.jpgMy Brickshelf

If it's vacuum metal as you described, then you have one of the aptly named Vacuum Metal Krana-Kal (VMKK). According to the Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic over in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, a VMKK can be worth upwards of $200.

Were you a Proto Squad member by any chance? I'd be curious as to where you got it.

Edited by Sumiki
  • Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, I don't remember where I got it (though the term "Proto Squad" rings all kinds of bells in my head). I know I've had it a long time, and I've made a point to keep the thing from getting lost. I figure this is the time to try and sell it off, since it's just sitting in a baggie in a bin currently, instead of being displayed in a collection.

"I am the perfect blend of you and me. Toa of stone, you will not defeat me. You do not even stand a chance. The poison seeping through me and my staff is enough to leave you nothing more then a mere puddle. And once I enter the Protodermis once more. Not even Makuta will stand to me."
qs418.jpgMy Brickshelf

If you did happen to get it from the Proto Squad, perhaps you might also happen to recall receiving another Krana in solid gray hard plastic, pre-vacuum metalization (as the two were reportedly given out together). Those are known as Grey Plastic Krana-Kal (GPKK), and due to their rarity they fetch a much greater price on the aftermarket that you could cash in on.

The other place the VMKK were given out was from the 2003 Unleashed Tour van.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I suspect then that I got it from the van, because as far as I remember I never got the gray one.

qs418.jpgMy Brickshelf

I am a huge fan of Bionicle, however the collection aspect has been largely lost on me in recent times. I used to have a near complete collection of masks and krana/kraata back in the day, but due to moves and real llfe, that is no longer the case. Anyway. The information I sought has been given successfully. Thanks very much!

qs418.jpgMy Brickshelf

Congrats, upon your random search through old bionicle parts, you found that you happened to own one of the most rare and saught-after parts of bionicle history.

In the name of all that is good, do yourself a favor and do not sell it. Put it on prominant display, this is an awesome thing to own.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Congrats, upon your random search through old bionicle parts, you found that you happened to own one of the most rare and saught-after parts of bionicle history.

In the name of all that is good, do yourself a favor and do not sell it. Put it on prominant display, this is an awesome thing to own.

Too late, he said he put it on eBay.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Great find man. Just know its a really awesome collectors item, so don't sell it unless you are sure. But, know that if you do sell it, whoever buys it will love it

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell