Human Toa & Matoran Sketchdump

Ga-Koro Pride

bionicle_sketchdump_1_by_skygazer17-d8yi

Link: http://skygazer17.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-Sketchdump-1-541710318

Arghhh I don't know how to thumbnail, if someone knows what to do please tell me.

Other than that, here are some of my human designs of Bionicle characters.

On the top left is Toa Gali, Lewa, and Kopaka. I deemed it necessary that Gali have center-parted hair and a regal look. Sorry if Kopaka looks a lot like Sokka. I was going to give him really long hair, but I wanted to give him a much edgier look.

Top right: Toa Nokama and Turaga Nokama. I like the idea of her having cornrows. I don't know why. Anyways, she aged well. (I really want to draw the Toa Metru by the way. I think that would be fun.)

Center top: Hahli and Macku. I imagine Hahli as being very petite but strong, whereas Macku is tall and lanky. But hey, somehow it works and they form a great Kohli team. Personality-wise, Macku is more impulsive and sassy, and Hahli is quiet and loyal.

Center: Takua, Macku, and Hewkii. In my mind, Takua has always had a crush on Macku, but Macku falls for Hewkii. Who always makes it a point to be shirtless. So every Kohli game is a secretly a show-off battle between these guys. Hope you like Macku's flower and lei from the end of the Bionicle online game :)

Bottom left: This takes place right after Takua and Jaller leave Ta-Koro riding on Pewku. Yeah.

And about Takua's design: I really wanted to make him look young and youthful. I always imagined him as a boy because of his curious nature and adventurous spirit. He's a goofball, but deep down he has a very serious soul. I mean, who gets exiled from their own city? That's so sad.

• Upvote 3

Arghhh I don't know how to thumbnail, if someone knows what to do please tell me.

You can highlight the thumbnail image, then click on the link button (link.png) and paste in the link to the page/larger image. PM me if you have any trouble with this!

But I wanted to comment, too, to say that Takua's look of bewilderment as he stares into the glow of the MoL is spot-on. I enjoy your Takua sketches the most out of this group, I think. You get a great sense of personality from his sketches; it's exactly as you intended, according to your description at the end, there.

Edited by -Windrider-

I really like these! I'm glad that the characters look Polynesian and not pale anime people.

I like the aesthetic and style you're using for the most part.

However, it does seem a bit copy-pasted from Avatar TLA and Kopaka does look way too much like Sokka here. I would suggest changing Kopaka's hair and giving him a more angular face.

You should also post some full body designs for the Toa and Matoran because I would like to see what clothing styles you're going to go with.

Still, better than most human Bionicle designs I've seen by a mile.

• Upvote 1

Center: Takua, Macku, and Hewkii. In my mind, Takua has always had a crush on Macku, but Macku falls for Hewkii. Who always makes it a point to be shirtless. So every Kohli game is a secretly a show-off battle between these guys. Hope you like Macku's flower and lei from the end of the Bionicle online game :)

So during the Kolhii tournament, they're both staring at Macku... I do believe you just explained Ga-Koro wiping the floor with both teams in Mask of Light =P

Though just a thought, if Hewkii always goes shirtless and lives in the middle of the desert, wouldn't he have more of a tan than Macku?  I thought he would have a really serious tan.

I also love the scene at the bottom...

"What are you looking at?  Hahli and I are just friends."

"Mmhmm..."

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

• 4 weeks later...